HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Aug 9, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #198 of 1,218
Imagine if HifiMan had introduced this headphone as-is, but not called it the HE-R10 or mentioned the R10 in their press release. People here would be appoplectic. If the cups are not currently under patent and (if) they improve the sound, I'm glad that HifiMan has revived the design. If they turn out to be just cosmetic, I might agree with some here.

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #199 of 1,218
You make some good points here, but what is there to be thrilled about paying $5.5k for a Bluetooth HP seemingly with Deva build quality and R-10 woodcups??? 🤷‍♂️

The back and forth about paying homage or ripoff is beside the point.

I think they deliberately set the price high at entry then little after launch bring it down substantially to deceiving consumers to thinking they're getting one helluva deal, when in reality it was never worth that much money.
Here is a tip... if you can build a better headphone go ahead and do it and bring it to market..... I’m waiting. If you dont like a product.... don’t buy it simple.... no need to bash the hard working men and women that make the world turn. Congrats hifi man!

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #200 of 1,218
If you copy the headphones, why not make an exact copy. I mean they look so much worse than the original ones. Just ugly.

3486290 (1).jpg
fadsfasdf.png

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #201 of 1,218
It's no secret the Sony MDR10 is the inspiration for the headphone. The only similarity with the aesthetics is the cup design. Everything else is very different.

Everything else...except for the name.

Just in case there was any confusion.

AgileIndelibleAnnelid-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #202 of 1,218
They definitely do not look as refined and classic like the original R10 do. At least we can be glad that they do not chop off 200 year old Zebrano trees for this.
Also, is that the HE-400i 2020/DEVA headband? Really? Why?

Does it use "stealth magnets" like the Susvara and the HE-1000SE do?

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #206 of 1,218
Guess this is another company I won't be buying any products from. Lucky for me, there are a lot of options available from other companies with better QC and business practices.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #207 of 1,218
Paying homage? More like a blatant copy.

I also heard from my friend who watched the live presentation that they even have the cheek to mention they have checked the patents and Sony cannot sue them.

This is too shameless and I won't support any of their future products.
No kidding. And he'll probably ask like $5000 for them. Ripoff, crap products, viruses..what else in 2020?

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #209 of 1,218
So it seems Hifiman is pushing the BlueMini device for even their higher end headphones. Do you see yourself using wireless function or running directly from amp?
I would use it exclusively in wired mode with my gear, can't really take this stuff to go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back