Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #602 of 634
I just upgraded form the HE1000v1 to the se and just received them (Black Friday deal). I have just started listening, sound great but need some time to break in and really listen. However, the cable I sued for the v1 do not fit into the se. I am using their stock cables vs Cardas Clear before. I am not sure exactly what connection you would call the now, waiting to hear back from Hifiman.

I believe they changed from 2.5mm to 3.5mm

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #603 of 634
I believe they changed from 2.5mm to 3.5mm
Just figured that out, now I got to find new cables above the stock ones. Selling once Cardas Clears with the 2.5mm termination if anyone is interested.

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #604 of 634
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #605 of 634
Dec 10, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #606 of 634
Well i'll be a guinea pig... Just placed my order to upgrade my HEKv2 to the HEKse!

The HEKv2 are my favorite headphones of all time, true end game for me. Ya only live once, let's see if these new bad boys can somehow improve on the performance of my beloved HEKv2. The thing i'm looking forward to most is the increased sensitivity. While i've got an abundance of power at home with the Wells Audio Milo amp, the ability to potentially power my favorite headphones from my phone or computer and get quality sound was just too tempting. I'm certain they will scale when I use the Milo, but I welcome the increased versatility. If there are additional sonic benefits to the new magnet that's a plus as well. Time will tell.

I'll post some in depth thoughts once i've received them.

So what are your thoughts about HEKse as compared to the HEKv2 that you had? I have been waiting to read that in-depth review you promised. I am sure the increased sensitivity will help with powering the SE from your portable devices, but I am particularly interested in the SQ difference between the 2 cans. If you can spare the time to share your comparative impressions (especially before your memory of the HeKv2's SQ recedes into oblivion), the effort would be really appreciated.

I am sure others are curious too :)

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #607 of 634
So what are your thoughts about HEKse as compared to the HEKv2 that you had? I have been waiting to read that in-depth review you promised. I am sure the increased sensitivity will help with powering the SE from your portable devices, but I am particularly interested in the SQ difference between the 2 cans. If you can spare the time to share your comparative impressions (especially before your memory of the HeKv2's SQ recedes into oblivion), the effort would be really appreciated.

I am sure others are curious too :)

Sorry to keep you hanging! I’m waiting until I receive my Lazuli Reference cable in 3.5mm to offer some in depth thoughts in these cans. Don’t worry, I remember the V2 very well! I can say that so far if I had to give it a number that owning the SE is 15-20% more enjoyable than the V2 to me. That number is a result of improvements in sound quality, sensitivity and build quality/looks... with sound quality being the biggest priority to me. It maintaines the same overall Hifiman/V2 flavor which we all love, but I think the sonic differences (improvements IMO) are apparent and I think overall that most people would prefer the SE.

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #611 of 634
I would defiantly buy double sided tape before those horrible things. they leak bass and are just the worst to put on.

It's true that tape or blue tak would probably cut vibrations of the screen in terms of Hz and db - which is a good thing - but given the bass going out the sreens, not sure I get the difference in bass due to that change.

Please tell us more about your experience re screens, rings, etc.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #613 of 634
Jan 6, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #614 of 634
D02E2876-8E8D-40C8-B0EE-7D20BDC3CFEC.jpeg
The HKse are awesome sounding headphones indeed, plenty of bass (but not a basshead phone) from a good DAP, maybe lacks a bit of the warm and sweetness of the original HE1000v1, but with an amp this improves...
All this from original and beyerdynamic cables (yes i need an upgrade) and is only my personal opinion.
When i tried it with better cables i’ll come back...for now, to me, is only a sidegrade from the original HE1000

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #615 of 634
(I have posted this q in a couple of other threads)

Is it worth having both the hek and the he6 or does the hek mostly cover the he6?

Any opinions based on owning both would be great.

I just bought the hekv2 after considering the he6se but never having heard it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back