Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #331 of 634
Will be very interesting read the first comments about the he1000se :dromedary_camel:

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #334 of 634
The Code-X still remain the best planars without needing speaker amps and excessive setups.

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #335 of 634
I really don't know how I sleep at night. I'll just have to take comfort that there's other great manufactures that are quite active here on HF like @zach915m @mrspeakers @Audeze @MezeTeam @Sennheiser @Jason Stoddard @iFi audio @Andykong etc...

Go nuts, whatever helps you sleep at night. However, for a site whose purpose is for information on headphones and then loses out on information on said topic, it does nothing for the collective board and people in general seeking information. Yes I own products from some of those mentioned as well as Hifiman, but you know what I like as well? To not have them driven off due to personal grievances and to keep receiving information from them as well.

It is very funny that Hifiman's promoters in this thread cannot review none of his headphones, so what is that? Personal love for Fang?

I don't particularly find that funny, but to each his own I guess. However what I do find funny is bizarre ad hominem attacks like this. Like Cicero said "When you have no basis for an argument, attack the plaintiff." Am I promoter? Nope. Never met the guy either, so no personal love here. However, I am in possession of something called common sense which tells me how puerile and juvenile behavior like this deprives and affects the collective board.

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #336 of 634
The Code-X still remain the best planars without needing speaker amps and excessive setups.

Never heard the Code-X or the HE-5, but I did have a Code-6. If the two are very similar then I'd have to disagree, but I can see why one would prefer the previous models to the distinctly softer and more distant sound of the HE1000s.

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #337 of 634
Looks like the fastest way to get them is by amazon or direct from hifiman store because they just shipped mine. I was initially interested in the Empyrean but they missed their released date and is expected to drop sometime this Fall, so for the meantime I'll try this HE6se out since I've been wanting to hear what the fuss is about for a long time now but never got a chance.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #339 of 634
OK, first adopters - please write on these when you can, before and after break-in. It's these vs Ananda for next purchase for me.

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #341 of 634
I like the look of he1000se very much but can only afford he6se.....barely

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #342 of 634
Can't find any review at all, even promoters hadn't them, strange move.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #343 of 634
OK, first adopters - please write on these when you can, before and after break-in. It's these vs Ananda for next purchase for me.

Gotta be specific about which model. This thread covers both overpriced offerings.

Aug 23, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #345 of 634
Technically in the announcement Hifiman indicated that the HE1000SE would only begin shipping in September. My local distributor was under the impression the same applied to the HE6SE. I placed my order with my local distributor as soon as the HE6SE were announced. It seems the first shipment is making it's way to him, and I may have it in my hands within the week.

Not sure why so many negative nancies in this thread are questioning why there are no reviews when directly in the announcement it indicates they will start shipping in September. Sorry, some of us Hifiman fans don't have time machines to go directly into the future by a few weeks, receive our pair, time travel back to the past, and post impressions. Really sorry we let you debbie downers down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back