HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #8,311 of 21,868
Quote:
Sphinxvc you just made me laugh out loud.
Anyway I just saw you were selling. Hm.....

And in reponse to the *highs* question, it's not piercing so much as unreal. If the high is piercing on a recording then so be it. I want to hear that
But when highs on the HD800 ring out with perfect attack and decay and actually sound like the instrument being played I have noticed so far on the HE-6 they sound less real- the attack is there but the decay is missing and the tone is more digital sounding for lack of a better word.

I see what you mean. I think that F3 takes care of that a bit. It is not perfect and when i plug in the HD800 I can see the slight difference there but it does not bother me when I just  listen with He6 and not compare. I actually think the HE6 presents better defined contours, and the decay is there, but slightly less .  Overall though, while  I am inexperienced with tubes, it sounds like this is a problem one can more easily rectify with tubes.

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #8,312 of 21,868
fejnomit, yes I too would love it if you bought my amp.

Are you going for the child/aging parent analogy here?  Or the other use of the "caring for/taking care of daddy" phrase?  It's a little disturbing as vague as you left it.
Yeah, that's it. :D

I blew mine setting up a new DAC. Put the full signal on my amps by mistake for less than a second but enough. Cust. Service is working on it but it's been an agonizing wait. Thanks to prepro, I've had the HE-4 and HE-500, T-1 & HD 800s to get me through. :cool:

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,313 of 21,868
I've always loved the spirit in the audio community...to you, preproman!
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #8,316 of 21,868
Quote:
Yeah, that's it.
biggrin.gif

I blew mine setting up a new DAC. Put the full signal on my amps by mistake for less than a second but enough. Cust. Service is working on it but it's been an agonizing wait. Thanks to prepro, I've had the HE-4 and HE-500, T-1 & HD 800s to get me through.
cool.gif

I put in 50 watts of Class A power @8 ohms into my HE-6 by mistake but it survived. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #8,317 of 21,868
Quote:
Man, I've waited for over a month now for a replacement pair of 6s and I'm getting withdrawals. I need my babies to come home to care for their daddy.

What happened? A month? Seems unduly long.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #8,318 of 21,868
I"m not sure what's going on. I get the word everything is in order and to check with Ms T. Ms T says we wait for shipping from China. I dare not cause a tiff because HiFiMan is offering a great deal for a non warranty repair.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #8,320 of 21,868
Quote:
I"m not sure what's going on. I get the word everything is in order and to check with Ms T. Ms T says we wait for shipping from China. I dare not cause a tiff because HiFiMan is offering a great deal for a non warranty repair.

Happy, would this be your 3rd pair?

Quote:
I found MS.T a pleasure to deal with.

+1.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #8,323 of 21,868
Quote:
How is this turned into an attack on Ms T? She is only the communicator of HiFiMan. I have no issue with her or them. I'm missing my 6s.

My comment on her is not a negative one, though I communicated with her only once when I bought my 6, over 2 years ago. She was very pleasant, easy to communicate with and made sure I received my 6 without any issues.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #8,324 of 21,868
Quote:
How is this turned into an attack on Ms T? She is only the communicator of HiFiMan. I have no issue with her or them. I'm missing my 6s.

I'm not sure I follow. Did I miss something? The two of us actually paid compliments to Ms.T - I bought a gift from her last year. I'm still pulling for the prompt return of your cans. 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #8,325 of 21,868
I'm not sure I follow. Did I miss something? The two of us actually paid compliments to Ms.T - I bought a gift from her last year. I'm still pulling for the prompt return of your cans. 
wink.gif
Sorry guys, guess I'm a bit sensitive on the topic. Just wanting to get my headphones cause nothing else equals them. I've never had a slow (my view) response from HiFiMan before. Now that I've ran into a bit of a slow time, I'm anxious. No ill will intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back