1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jigf, May 21, 2010.
  1. Astral Abyss
    Depending on price, this is some of the best news I've seen in a while.

2. audiophilehe400
    When is that supposed to be released?

3. elwappo99
    Efficiency spec seems right.

4. heliosphann
    Very skeptical... :neutral_face:

cskippy and audiophilehe400 like this.
  5. NickedWicked
    Oh man, an updated HEK AND HE-6?! Count me in!

Hifiman better not mess up the pricing again...

6. Ithilstone
    Why?
    I am really happy as it looks like updated version. And it means they will have right size drivers for replacement if something happens to mine

7. heliosphann
    #1 it's HiFiMan. Let's be honest, their track record is less than stellar on most things.

#2 There was the whole 560v2 headband debacle. Not a huge fan of this style headband design, especially with the large size cups (works decent with the thin Sundara). Why not just use the same upgraded headband that the 4XX's used? Or better yet keep the design and use better quality parts, paint, etc...

#3 The big question is, will they actually be the exact same drivers that the originals used? When they re-released the 560 v2's and the HE-5 reissues, they had thinner diaphragms and subsequently didn't sound the same. So just because they'e calling them HE-6's, doesn't mean they're the same as the originals. The LCD-2C is a great example of this. They tried to capture that original pre-fazor magic that the LCD-2's had, but it's wasn't the same.

8. wuwhere Contributor
    So I have the chance now to compare my HE-6/Klout against my Stax 007 Mk1/KGST.

I prefer HE-6/Klout combo.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  9. wuwhere Contributor
    My System.jpg

Silent One, alphanumerix1 and cskippy like this.
  10. alphanumerix1
    HZWT3Fp (1).jpg

(SRP: $1,799)

11. cskippy
    Assuming USD: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

12. heliosphann
    Yep. That's what the press release said.

13. Benny-x
    Congrats, man! I think I've only got maybe 200-400hrs on mine, mostly from the office. Nice chopping blocks, too. Those are pretty.

I've never heard of that amp. What kind of speakers would you usually pair it with?

HE-6SE! Interesting. But my hopes aren't high... Seems suspect.

14. cute
    +to US don't forget Tariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif

Rhamnetin and elwappo99 like this.
  15. wuwhere Contributor
    You have never heard of Linn? Just search it on-line.