HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #20,134 of 21,868
Has anyone here tried the ifi iDSD Black Label with their HE6? I will have to qualify my comments with the fact that I haven't tried it with too many dac and amp combinations but I have to say that I have not heard them sound any better than they do with this little power house. It can really run them and I only set the Power Mode to "Normal" instead of "Turbo".

If anyone has tried it, I would appreciate how it compares to other set ups.

Oct 22, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #20,135 of 21,868
Has anyone here tried the ifi iDSD Black Label with their HE6? I will have to qualify my comments with the fact that I haven't tried it with too many dac and amp combinations but I have to say that I have not heard them sound any better than they do with this little power house. It can really run them and I only set the Power Mode to "Normal" instead of "Turbo".

If anyone has tried it, I would appreciate how it compares to other set ups.

I have and agree that does quite well given its physical size and somewhat limited output compared to any number of speaker amps referred to by others in this thread. This is not to disparage in the least your experience with the Black Label which has the great advantage of being more portable than the HE6 headphones.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #20,136 of 21,868
Another new pad..
IMG_20171027_223017.jpg
I may have a thing for ZMF pads.

Perforated Eikon pads.

Doesn't kill me with treble, so that's a bonus.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #20,137 of 21,868
I was thinking about getting aftermarket pads since the glue on my left stock pads has loosened. but since my HE-6 is still under warranty, Hifiman is sending me a new pair or earpads.
I think this was my favourite support experience ever since it was hardly an experience. just a mail or two and they told me its been shipped. now I just have to wait :)
borkedpad.jpg

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #20,138 of 21,868
I was thinking about getting aftermarket pads since the glue on my left stock pads has loosened. but since my HE-6 is still under warranty, Hifiman is sending me a new pair or earpads.
I think this was my favourite support experience ever since it was hardly an experience. just a mail or two and they told me its been shipped. now I just have to wait :)

I use aftermarket pads because I feel the stock ones/focuspads aren't very good.

I have the original velours and just..meh on all aspects, comfort, sound etc.

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #20,139 of 21,868
I use aftermarket pads because I feel the stock ones/focuspads aren't very good.

I have the original velours and just..meh on all aspects, comfort, sound etc.

Ever tried the velpads they came out with for the HE-400s? Same softness as the focus pads, but all velour.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #20,143 of 21,868
I wish I had a measurement rig so I could see the differences in the ZMF pads

I've been running ZMF Ori pads on my HE-6's. Favorite pads for them so far. Just got both the Suede versions. I'll probably try them on in the next few days.

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #20,145 of 21,868
I'll have ZMF pads to audition in the next week including the Suede pads so I'll post measurements with them on the HE-6.

Looking forward to your measurements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back