HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #19,081 of 21,868
I would be very happy to join my your tour.  

Please check my profile for the headphones I would use in the review.

Thanks for the opportunity.

MWSVette

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #19,082 of 21,868
I would be very happy to join my your tour.  

Please check my profile for the headphones I would use in the review.

Thanks for the opportunity.

MWSVette

Thank you very much for your prompt respond, we really think the party is not complete without an enthusiastic HE-6 user among the reviewers. :beerchug:

I shall come back to you as soon as we compiled the final list of Tour Reviewer. Looking forwards to work with you in the Tour.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #19,083 of 21,868
Audeze LCD2 Vegan pads are my go to pads. Between the comfort, intimacy & vocal clarity they present with the HE6, there is no comparing. I might have to get a new pair of pads, because the ones i got were destroyed by the previous owner, who tore them off his LCD2

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #19,084 of 21,868
Dear HE-6 owners,

I am representing Cayin Audio, we are looking for reviewers for our desktop HeadFi stack iDAC-6 and iHA-6, and we would like to invite you to check this out

If you have any part of the tour coming through Canada, then I'd be interested.

Mr Grandberg can vouch for my credentials.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #19,086 of 21,868
Dear HE-6 owners,

I am representing Cayin Audio, we are looking for reviewers for our desktop HeadFi stack iDAC-6 and iHA-6, and we would like to invite you to check this out

[US TOUR] Cayin iDAC-6 (Dual AK4490 DAC) and iHA-6 (Full Balanced Headphone amp) - Reviewers Wanted

The iDAC-6 and iHA-6 have received a rave reviewed by InnerFidelity recently and I would like to quote a small paragraph as introduction of our mini desktop stack to HE-6 community:
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/cayin-idac-6-and-iha-6-dynamic-duo-page-3#XJfSBuQpr50qixq2.99

We are thankful to Mr John Grandberg for his supportive comment, we sincerely want to introduce this "inexpensive" DAC+Amp combo to fellow HE-6 users. Sign up the tour now and we are looking forward to welcome in the party. :beerchug:

I had already auditioned the iHA-6 while in Shanghaiand wasn't impressed with my HE1000. However, I have been fooled more than once by in shop conditions, sources, and music files, so I'd be more than happy to join a product tour and do a real, at home audition. Especially after reading positive reviews on it that were so much against my own impressions.

If there's a leg of the tour in China, I'dbe happy to join.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #19,087 of 21,868
Audeze LCD2 Vegan pads are my go to pads. Between the comfort, intimacy & vocal clarity they present with the HE6, there is no comparing. I might have to get a new pair of pads, because the ones i got were destroyed by the previous owner, who tore them off his LCD2

I'll grab a pair to try. Thanks for the tip! 

Right now, I like the stock leather pads more than the velour, imaging is better.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #19,088 of 21,868
I'll grab a pair to try. Thanks for the tip! 

Right now, I like the stock leather pads more than the velour, imaging is better.

Pleathers i like for comfort. I haven't even tried them on my he6s. The 500s with pleathe was alright tho proved alright

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #19,089 of 21,868
Pleathers i like for comfort. I haven't even tried them on my he6s. The 500s with pleathe was alright tho proved alright

I like the TH-900 on my HE-6's.  Very comfortable...

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #19,090 of 21,868
So would anyone be willing to offer advice for their personal pick for 1-2 amps in some budget categories? Been looking through threads and got some mixed results.

So what's the ideal choice (MAKE AND MODEL) either new or used in the

1. $100-300 (emotiva, amp camp amp, used vintage make and model, etc)

2. $300-500

Ready go!

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #19,091 of 21,868
So would anyone be willing to offer advice for their personal pick for 1-2 amps in some budget categories? Been looking through threads and got some mixed results.

2. $300-500

Ready go!

I used the iDSD Micro with the HE6 and it sounded really sublime!

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #19,092 of 21,868
I hooked up the Xindak today after listening through the 2B for the past two months. Sounds amazing. I cannot stop listening. I forgot about that sweet treble, and it sounds more detailed and focused than my 2B (at least when the latter is preamped by a cheap Control Freak). Took it off the For Sale thread, and it is staying until I get something truly better. Very different than the 2B, which is warmer and fuller, and maybe it is because I haven't been using lately, but I am liking the Xindak just as much or better than the already excellent Bryston. For an amp that outputs 20W into 8 ohms and for under $1K new, this powers the HE-6 quite well indeed.

For the poster above me looking for an amp, try to find a 2B (older models are cheaper) for around 300. It is outstanding with the HE-6, especially for that price.

HE-6 is an incredible headphone, so utterly emotionally engaging while exhibiting superb technical prowess. If you can buy one new for under 1K and have the money, passing it up would be unequivocally foolish. I have zero interest in the LCD-4, HE-K, and other overpriced headphones, with the exception of maybe the Focals, because the HE-6 is that good.

Happy listening :)

Yes, I know I need a rack to get these amps off my desk, lol (one is inbound). :xf_eek:

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #19,093 of 21,868
That's the Bryson 2b? Anyone know how that might compare to a vintage used integrated for a similar price, or the ican micro (which I have)?

Also really curious about the amp camp amp...

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #19,094 of 21,868
That's the Bryson 2b? Anyone know how that might compare to a vintage used integrated for a similar price, or the ican micro (which I have)?

Also really curious about the amp camp amp...

Pictured is the integrated Xindak PA-M (II). I don't have space on my desk for both. As for the 2B I referred to earlier, yes it is Bryston. I haven't tried any vintage amps with the HE-6. That's the domain of Oregonian. Also, the search button is your friend as this has been discussed several times before.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #19,095 of 21,868

2. $300-500

Ready go!

<$100: SMSL SA50, as cheap as i would ever go. I have the SA-98e, which is okay but its highs can distort

$100: Something from Topping or a NuForce amp if you can even find one

$200: Emotiva Mini X100 (or BasX when it comes out). I dont care what some people here say, i tried it with my HE500s once, and was killer. I'm sure the HE6 fares well with this.

$300: iFi Micro iDsD. Best Small big power amp ive ever heard of. I dont own this, but a portable amp, with 4Watt power output? Sign me up.

My dad has a Pioneer SA7700 amp, but one of the channels was blown. Pluged into the single ended connection up front and it was fine. I saw a few for $300 used condition, otherwise the odd audio store that still actually has one of these, you're looking at$700 for one (the Spinners audio store in my town had one.)

$400-$500: Bryston 2B or 2B LP. My endgame speaker amplifier for the HE6. Mine is a 2BLP, fully balanced, dual power supplied amplifier, which granted has individual volume knobs so you'll need a passive preamp like Schiit SyS, or an Emotiva Control freak as volume control. Oh, and because the LP was made for PRO use only... No power button, so you are now required to spend an extra 10 dollars on an outlet accessory to switch the power on and off. This is a $2000 amp new, but since you can only buy it used, be wary. At least with the LP version, you are almost guarenteed to buy one from a sound engineer of some kind. Mine was owned by a Sound Engineer for the CBC, whs been using nothing but Bryston amps for 30 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back