= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #19,488 of 21,171
May 3, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #19,489 of 21,171
May 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #19,490 of 21,171
Longer than the yokes on any purchased from Adorama... I joke :)
Since I don't really keep up on this thread,and not yet being an HE 560 owner, as mine are just being prepared to ship, with your statement I am guessing quite a few faulty pairs have been purchased? Has it been resolved?
I have purchased a few items from Adorama, never had to send anything back, but they claim to have the best return policy, so I needn't worry, right?

May 3, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #19,491 of 21,171
Since I don't really keep up on this thread,and not yet being an HE 560 owner, as mine are just being prepared to ship, with your statement I am guessing quite a few faulty pairs have been purchased? Has it been resolved?
I have purchased a few items from Adorama, never had to send anything back, but they claim to have the best return policy, so I needn't worry, right?

Adorama took back a previous set no problem. I ended up buying a set from HiFiMan directly from their Amazon store and it had the same problem (failed driver). I decided rather than return it to go through the warranty procedure with HiFiMan. After some hassle and confusion I got a working set and I absolutely love them. I decided to spring for the backup set and if there's a problem I will go the warranty route again rather than return to Adorama. They go out of stock pretty quickly so they can only do a refund, not an exchange. The sound was so good I wanted a working set.

May 3, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #19,494 of 21,171
Couldn't pass it up for $320, ordered one. Haven't heard it in a while but if memory serves, it technically obliterates everything in that price range even unmodded (and when modded well it was competitive with headphones around its original price).

May 4, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #19,495 of 21,171
Couldn't pass it up for $320, ordered one. Haven't heard it in a while but if memory serves, it technically obliterates everything in that price range even unmodded (and when modded well it was competitive with headphones around its original price).
Actually they do, but not only in that price range but more expensive ones, if we talk about sound quality, they are superb headphones

May 4, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #19,496 of 21,171
Man, that's tempting. I finally have a working set of these and they're by far my absolute favorite sound signature. At $319 shipped I could talk myself into getting a backup pair, let the yokes break and have pauldgroot fix them.
If you buy them from Adorama you get the warranty and in that case Hifiman will send you a replacement headband in case yokes will break, I'm waiting for mine and I asked for a Sundara to prevent any future issue with yokes and at the moment I'm using them with the fantastic 3d print ones by pauldgroot

May 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #19,497 of 21,171
If you buy them from Adorama you get the warranty and in that case Hifiman will send you a replacement headband in case yokes will break, I'm waiting for mine and I asked for a Sundara to prevent any future issue with yokes and at the moment I'm using them with the fantastic 3d print ones by pauldgroot
Did they charge you extra for a Sundara headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back