= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 24, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #16,668 of 21,173
Quote:

Both earpads on my HE-560s have begun to open up quite significantly, as a result I'm forced to buy news pads. Any recommendation for pads, and a reason why? Thanks in advance. 

I've tried the Focus-A, original pleather from my HE-400, velour and the spare pads from my SRH-1840, still like the over all sound from the stock Focus pads, the original pleather will bring the bass up but the highs also get harsh, the velour just made the sound to smooth, a little like throwing a cloth over the speakers, SRH-1840 pads are most comfortable but the like the velour pads have the same effect.

"open up"?

I think he means the seams of the ear pads are splitting open.

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #16,669 of 21,173

dude. she's way too CHILL! lol. it's pretty amazing how totally relaxed she looks while playing these intense (technically and dynamically) drum parts. and she barely even makes drummer faces :wink: crazy! she's really good. her hand technique is great - so relaxed and controlled. 

this video (46 & 2) is nuts. it's like half awesome and half ridiculous for being set in the wilderness and so lavishly shot. youtube has grown into a monster cottage industry, man. 

Sorry I didn't respond to your posts sooner, I was away at an amazing glacial formed provincial park, Murphy's Point since Friday. Glad to hear the Onkyo is able to do it for you, and really I'm not surprised. I like using gear I have, and yes the NAD M3 is a solid little piece of gear. I suspect I would have to spend quite a bit more money for a crazy dedicated headphone amp to find better performance or a signature I preferred.

Yes that woman is super chill and pretty damn good. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Tool, but her cover of 46 & 2 I believe is technically perfect. So amazing. Did you ever find that video of the young guy covering In The Air Tonight. And oh yes, to stay on topic, I think those covers would sound epic on the 560. While I miss my 560, I'm quite enjoying the LCD 2F, produced this year, so most current driver version. Certainly not in the slightest dark.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #16,670 of 21,173
  Sorry I didn't respond to your posts sooner, I was away at an amazing glacial formed provincial park, Murphy's Point since Friday. Glad to hear the Onkyo is able to do it for you, and really I'm not surprised. I like using gear I have, and yes the NAD M3 is a solid little piece of gear. I suspect I would have to spend quite a bit more money for a crazy dedicated headphone amp to find better performance or a signature I preferred.

Yes that woman is super chill and pretty damn good. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Tool, but her cover of 46 & 2 I believe is technically perfect. So amazing. Did you ever find that video of the young guy covering In The Air Tonight. And oh yes, to stay on topic, I think those covers would sound epic on the 560. While I miss my 560, I'm quite enjoying the LCD 2F, produced this year, so most current driver version. Certainly not in the slightest dark.

No need to apologize :) Sounds like an awesome trip.

I did find that video, yeah, thanks! 

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #16,671 of 21,173
Hello HE-560 owners

Did anyone ever compare the HE-560 to HE -1000? I am in the market for a used HE-1000, and just wondering how they compare I am interested int he following details. I already own the HE-560 and I think they are amazing. 

If you have owned or auditioned the HE-1000 how would you rank it vs 560 in the categories below?

Highs
Mids
Lows
Speed
Agility
Genre type?

Thank you - I will use Audio-gd NFB Amp 1 or Oppo HA-1 with balanced cabled

Haris

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #16,672 of 21,173
  Hello HE-560 owners

Did anyone ever compare the HE-560 to HE -1000? I am in the market for a used HE-1000, and just wondering how they compare I am interested int he following details. I already own the HE-560 and I think they are amazing. 

I think if you search for 560 in the HE 1000 thread you will find several comparisons. Hopefully somebody in this thread can also provide some input for you.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #16,673 of 21,173
I have both...it's late, too tired for a pint by point comparison, but let me just say, I almost never put on the 560 since I got the HEK. And, I really liked them before I got the HEK. In terms of Soundstage, detail, extended bass, natural presentation, mids, smooth open highs, the HEK is so much better (as it should be at 3x the price).

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #16,674 of 21,173
Same experience here, I don't have the HE-100 but the HE560 - love it. The HE-1K is better in pretty much everything.

However, I am pretty content for my uses to stick with the 560. For me, I didn't have the strong  urge that I "NEED THIS HEADPHONE": roooaarrr.

Cheers.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #16,675 of 21,173
Same experience here, I don't have the HE-100 but the HE560 - love it. The HE-1K is better in pretty much everything.

I own the 560 and hd800s sennheiser has much more Soundstage I think the he1k in same value to hd800s
However, I am pretty content for my uses to stick with the 560. For me, I didn't have the strong  urge that I "NEED THIS HEADPHONE": roooaarrr.

Cheers.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #16,676 of 21,173
I own the 560 and hd800s sennheiser has much more Soundstage I think the he1k in same value to hd800s

Hmm, not to my ears. The HD800S soundstage is wider and a bit deeper as the HE-1k. I had the HD800S and the HE-1K at home at the same time for two weeks - I don't own them but tried them. My 560 soundstage is smaller especially as I use my 560 with the leather pads that actually shrink it a bit, but raise the bass impact, which I prefer, so willing to sacrifice soundstage for that.

Cheers.

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #16,679 of 21,173
I have both...it's late, too tired for a pint by point comparison, but let me just say, I almost never put on the 560 since I got the HEK. And, I really liked them before I got the HEK. In terms of Soundstage, detail, extended bass, natural presentation, mids, smooth open highs, the HEK is so much better (as it should be at 3x the price).

Thank you everyone who replied!

if HEK is that good I might have to sell my beloved HE-560 :frowning2: or maybe try to keep it in the family somehow. once I pick up my he-560 it is hard to put it down - and I am unable to listen to any of my other headphones sadly. Doctorjazz what amp/dac are you using with your HEK?

Thanks again
Haris

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #16,680 of 21,173
  Hello HE-560 owners

If you have owned or auditioned the HE-1000 how would you rank it vs 560 in the categories below?

Highs
Mids
Lows
Speed
Agility
Genre type?

Thank you - I will use Audio-gd NFB Amp 1 or Oppo HA-1 with balanced cabled

Haris

After listening to the HEK a few times and comparing it with the HE-560, I still like the HE-560 better, its just my preference in what I like.  I did the comparison on my friends system which consisted of MHDT Pagoda and AudioGD Master 7 DACs, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and EC Balancing Act for amps.  The one thing that I like better about the HEK is the comfort, better than HE-560 but still not HD-700 or SRH-1840 level.

I think the HEK is great but to me its worth $1500 at most and I liked the HD-800S a whole lot more at the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back