= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jan 24, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #15,062 of 21,171
@bookah, just posted in the HE-400i thread about the connectors.

I don’t think you will get much for them, most don’t like to use adapters.  The cost of the SMC and mini XLR connectors is about $20 total but they are hard to re-use so not much value there.

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #15,064 of 21,171
  Thanks David! That's the info I was looking for.

beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #15,065 of 21,171

I'm toying with the idea of trading my HD800 for the HE-560. I never listen to the Sennheiser as they just have too much treble energy for me. 

On the other hand the LCD-X that I have been using now seem too colored and too dark. I gave my HE-500 a re-listen and I am really liking their balanced sound and resolution. I think I stopped listening to the HE-500 because of all of their little problems with build quality and the forks coming unscrewed. Because of this I hadn't heard them with the Bakoon, and the sound is really outstanding. The treble seems to be there and providing detail, but it is not fatigueing like the HD800.

We do have a dealer here, so I will give the HE-560 a listen and see where it goes. 

I am not sure if you are saying you listened to them yet or are going to listen to them. But from my experience with my HE-560 I do not find the treble energy too much, I feel like it sound ver detailed, open, transparent, and most of all natural. Very good tonality with the HE-560 as far as any of the headphones I have listened to. I hope you give it a listen if you haven't and enjoy them. I know my friend that I got these from said he has the HD800s and the HE-560s and personally he preferred the HE-560.

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #15,066 of 21,171
  I am not sure if you are saying you listened to them yet or are going to listen to them. But from my experience with my HE-560 I do not find the treble energy too much, I feel like it sound ver detailed, open, transparent, and most of all natural. Very good tonality with the HE-560 as far as any of the headphones I have listened to. I hope you give it a listen if you haven't and enjoy them. I know my friend that I got these from said he has the HD800s and the HE-560s and personally he preferred the HE-560.

I second this motion.

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #15,067 of 21,171
Anybody experience random popping noises in the drivers. Almost sounds like static popping noise. It's not consistent but It's happened on various amps. Seems to happen more often when I first put them on for a listening session. Any ideas? Wires, connectors maybe? Been listening for the last 20 minutes and nothing.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #15,068 of 21,171
Anybody experience random popping noises in the drivers. Almost sounds like static popping noise. It's not consistent but It's happened on various amps. Seems to happen more often when I first put them on for a listening session. Any ideas? Wires, connectors maybe? Been listening for the last 20 minutes and nothing.

Check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/758858/help-static-pops-with-hifiman-he-560-planar-headphones-whats-up

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #15,069 of 21,171

I've noticed a slight crinkling noise sometimes. It seems to be gradually decreasing with use.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #15,073 of 21,171
I got a new pair of Focus-A pads yesterday. Wow, I thought to prefer the Focus, but I've changed my mind. The sound is more natural, and the bass is more present. (I realize that with focus, the bass have great precision but is almost non-existent...)
That with the addition of a Schiit Wyrd in my system and a cable like this between Dac and Polaris ... what a change ! The HE-560 no longer gives me tired, I can push up a little the power and then, details stand out even better. I think I have reached my ideal "headfi" audio system.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #15,074 of 21,171
Check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/758858/help-static-pops-with-hifiman-he-560-planar-headphones-whats-up

Thanks for the link. Appears others may have had the same issue. What's weird is that I've had these for a few months now and never noticed any static popping. Last week I changed the pads to Focus-A pads and thats when it started. Changed back to original pads and the static popping still occurs. Not a constant thing, mainly when I first put them on or move them on my head and mainly when listening to them in a carpeted room. Yesterday I was listening to them in a room with wood floors and nothing. Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back