= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #13,352 of 21,171
  Hello,
how do you guys think the HE560 will pair up with th NFB-15 by AGD?

That's a very nice pairing, a slightly warm amp will pair very well with the 560 which is a bit on the bright side.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #13,353 of 21,171
If anyone is looking for a similar sound signature but in a closed back version of the HE-560, look no further than the
PSB M4U2 noise canceling headphones. They sit right in between the 400is and the 560's IMO. Closer to the 560 sound signature. They retail for 400 but can often be found for 100 less. Honestly, there are times that I am listening to them and I forget that there not the 560s. You won't find a bad review of them either. Just putting it out there.
Back to the 560s now...

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #13,354 of 21,171
I have a Ifi micro idsd. The amp section has enough power for the he 560s but I am thinking about getting another amp, because I think it sounds a bit bright and dry. I ran into a couple suggestions and was wondering if someone could give me some insight if they tried the pairings. Was thinking Gustard h10, project ember, project polaris, or the new liquid carbon amp. Thanks guys!

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #13,355 of 21,171
I have a Ifi micro idsd. The amp section has enough power for the he 560s but I am thinking about getting another amp, because I think it sounds a bit bright and dry. I ran into a couple suggestions and was wondering if someone could give me some insight if they tried the pairings. Was thinking Gustard h10, project ember, project polaris, or the new liquid carbon amp. Thanks guys!

The Gustard has great reviews with the 560, I have and love the Lyr 2 and listened to a LC at our last Meet. All three are awesome amps, I also find iFi's amp sections a bit brittle and shrill, great DACs though.

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #13,357 of 21,171
The trouble with the LC, which I ordered without hearing it based on the incredible reception it got from those who did, is, of course, that it is a few month wait until it comes out.
I have a Ray Samuels HR-2, drives the 560 really well, suspect RS avoid would do really well in general (they seem to have fallen out of favor).

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #13,358 of 21,171
So it looks like in a few days the he560 will have some serious competition. I was going to wait for the ether but that's months away before I consider them so I bought the he6. I only have my current amp but if I need more I can always get a monoblock which I've been looking into anyway.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #13,361 of 21,171
The trouble with the LC, which I ordered without hearing it based on the incredible reception it got from those who did, is, of course, that it is a few month wait until it comes out.
I have a Ray Samuels HR-2, drives the 560 really well, suspect RS avoid would do really well in general (they seem to have fallen out of favor).

Why'd you get it, if you don't mind me asking? for the fully balanced options, transportable size?

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #13,362 of 21,171
Because I'm a sucker for the next "best component ever" hype, that's why...:xf_eek:
Actually, all of the above apply...I'm likely getting the HE-1000, felt I wanted to get everything out of it that it is capable of, and, from the impressions of all that heard it, the LC seems to give up very little sonically to the amps higher up in the line (of course, for thousands of bucks, you expect SOME improvement as you go up, but, supposedly, it gets most of the Cavalli sound and goodness).

Why'd you get it, if you don't mind me asking? for the fully balanced options, transportable size?

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #13,363 of 21,171

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #13,364 of 21,171
  HE-560 jerg modded still sounded like a stock HE-560 to me.

I remember reading this back when you first reviewed it and thinking that it was refreshing that somebody didn't seem compelled to report audible improvements which does seem to be the default position. I would be most interested in some blind comparison's as that is where the rubber really hits the road. I don't trust myself with sighted comparison's for the record. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #13,365 of 21,171

I remember reading this back when you first reviewed it and thinking that it was refreshing that somebody didn't seem compelled to report audible improvements which does seem to be the default position. I would be most interested in some blind comparison's as that is where the rubber really hits the road. I don't trust myself with sighted comparison's for the record. 

Good point, I wonder how much improvement came from the mods or the Draug 2 Cable (& the Focus A Pads)?

@d1sturb3d  the LC sounded very, very good with the 560.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back