= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 17, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #7,081 of 21,171
Unveiled is just the beginning Bro.....trouble is I am jamming the Dead, Dick's Picks, Vol. 23, Disc 2, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown.....somehow a fitting song, but truly never had any desire to get naked with Jerry Garcia....oh well, live and learn...

I'm not sure if I would have used the phrase "I am jamming the Dead"
blink.gif
Just sayin.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #7,082 of 21,171
Okay, last play on words I swear. While it has been a "stimulating conversation", I have to go now and try to get the disturbing image of an unknown dude in Kentucky naked with his 560s doing who knows what out of my head. You American's are so weird, and to think you have nuclear weapons.
wink_face.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #7,083 of 21,171
  Okay, last play on words I swear. While it has been a "stimulating conversation", I have to go now and try to get the disturbing image of an unknown dude in Kentucky naked with his 560s doing who knows what. You American's are so weird, and to think you have nuclear weapons.
wink_face.gif

*Americans...  LOL :p  </grammar_nazi>

And it's a dude in Kentucky with his 560s naked doing who knows what :p (there's a difference...  One's more correct, yet still wrong (at the same time, than the other) :p

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #7,084 of 21,171
Paris.....the City of Love...Yoko Ono, was just wrong on so many levels, but she floated Johns boat.

Seriously, the soundstage and image definition are phenomenal with naked 560's. Layered, 3 dimensional, what I have always assumed the HD800's to sound like, but with superior body and "organic" richness. I will put the new grills in tomorrow, feel a bit overexposed, but if it closes the sound in at all, I will have to come up with an alternative solution..

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #7,085 of 21,171

*Americans...  LOL :p  </grammar_nazi>

And it's a dude in Kentucky with his 560s naked doing who knows what :p (there's a difference...  One's more correct, yet still wrong (at the same time, than the other) :p

Grammar be damned, I start back to school in a few weeks, don't remind me of just what it is that I am in for.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #7,086 of 21,171

Grammar be damned, I start back to school in a few weeks, don't remind me of just what it is that I am in for.

LOL...  If you don't take an English class, I'm not :p  XD  I start school in 8 days :frowning2:  Where has the summer gone?  

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #7,087 of 21,171

LOL...  If you don't take an English class, I'm not :p  XD  I start school in 8 days :frowning2:  Where has the summer gone?  

All electives left (totally avoiding English), taking a two term social work class, drugs and addiction, and an earth studies class about human geography. Plus I will be working full time so this is going to get nasty. I suspect I will drop a class so that I can actually listen to my 560s once in a while.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #7,088 of 21,171
  All electives left (totally avoiding English), taking a two term social work class, drugs and addiction, and an earth studies class about human geography. Plus I will be working full time so this is going to get nasty. I suspect I will drop a class so that I can actually listen to my 560s once in a while.

That sounds interesting...  Stats, math (linear programming and network flows), and 2 computer classes for me...  Part time job :wink:  So I should have time to listen to the 560 while I study :D  Until then, I'll be relaxing before the early morning hell I've signed up for (8 AM stats class not the best idea) begins :p  

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #7,090 of 21,171
Who would "have thunk it", here I am, am I, naked with my 560's, with my finger on the nuclear trigger, deep in the heart of Kentucky, and I have become a grammar lesson.....OK you all, just to give you a disturbing visual to end your evening......my name is Mitch, you know McConnell and I am here with my Gal Pal, Nancy Pelosi, having a serious naked listening session.......oh Nancy Baby, take it easy with those high heels, your going to leave a mark :poop::fire:......enjoy

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #7,091 of 21,171
I'm not sure if this has been covered in the re-grilling thread, but has anyone tried removing the metal grilles and just stretching some speaker grill cloth over and securing it with the plastic rings with the HE-560? 

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #7,092 of 21,171
Thurston has been using cloth, but with new, more open grills. Depending on the sonic impact, I will probably just use the more open grill, sans cloth. My Wife is a clean freak and dust is not an issue..

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #7,093 of 21,171
Who would "have thunk it", here I am, am I, naked with my 560's, with my finger on the nuclear trigger, deep in the heart of Kentucky, and I have become a grammar lesson.....OK you all, just to give you a disturbing visual to end your evening......my name is Mitch, you know McConnell and I am here with my Gal Pal, Nancy Pelosi, having a serious naked listening session.......oh Nancy Baby, take it easy with those high heels, your going to leave a mark :poop::fire:......enjoy

Is Pole dancing part of the entree, not you, Nancy. 

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #7,094 of 21,171
'now using a Moon Silver Dragon balanced cable for my 560. It's a nice improvement, surprisingly, in the highs and upper mids: more ease, no trace of "scraping" or harsh highs/vocals.
I am sort of surprised that a silver cable does this, but I sit corrected.
The bass is more controlled, but not really deeper or more abundant.
The cable is a definite improvement.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #7,095 of 21,171
Paris.....the City of Love...Yoko Ono, was just wrong on so many levels, but she floated Johns boat.

Seriously, the soundstage and image definition are phenomenal with naked 560's. Layered, 3 dimensional, what I have always assumed the HD800's to sound like, but with superior body and "organic" richness. I will put the new grills in tomorrow, feel a bit overexposed, but if it closes the sound in at all, I will have to come up with an alternative solution..

For all of you who are not reading what he is really saying... pause for a moment and look at the context... "phenomenal with naked 560's." 

I don't know and don't care what clothes or what no clothes he's wearing, but he is dead on about "naked 560's." If you have not heard youjr 560's without any grills, you have not heard them! Period... with exclamation point!

Mine have been naked ever since I began to break them in. And when I took that last veil off, man, did they ever come alive! These cans are really revealing and invovlving... you get up close and personal with "naked 560's."

Now, some like Jerg and my War Eagle friend, Matt Poe, have made more open grills for their 560's, and I don't know how they effect the soundstage of the "naked 560's," but probably not too much as I see the pics that Matt has given us of his newly constructed grills. I will probably know in the next few days. But, right now I will listen to the "naked" version of Fang Bang's latest and greatest planar cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back