= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #7,066 of 21,175
  No offense taken here, I didn't take it as such.  I'm just defending the Asgard2 in case if anybody was thinking about buying it for their 560s.  I'm sure there's better sounding amps out there, but as far as raw power output goes, I think the Asgard2 is overkill for the 560, and 99/100 other headphones out on the market (since the HE-560 is relatively inefficient in comparison to most consumer headphones.)

I certainly wouldn't say otherwise. I have always been open that my playback volume level is significantly higher than anybody I have ever listened to music with. How it is that I still have good hearing is a mystery to me, and frankly I am making concerted efforts to turn the volume down. I have programed my brain in an unhealthy way. I love Schiit gear, and I strive to not get on the more power/more money = better sound train. Hell, I found my humble little XS to sound great out of my home rig, very good in fact.

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #7,067 of 21,175
No offense taken here, I didn't take it as such.  I'm just defending the Asgard2 in case if anybody was thinking about buying it for their 560s.  I'm sure there's better sounding amps out there, but as far as raw power output goes, I think the Asgard2 is overkill for the 560, and 99/100 other headphones out on the market (since the HE-560 is relatively inefficient in comparison to most consumer headphones.)

Guys i dont think its anout power or volume position..its all about the reseves an amp has in his pocket and how much current he can pump imto that hard to drive HP and how fast..my humble amp has only 5,28w into 50 ohm. (But with 650.000uF capacity)..but he drives my very hard to drive code-x to extremes... Which i understand is almost as hard to drive as an regular he6 because of the xtra dampering used and some other thingies.

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #7,068 of 21,175
Switching gears a bit, I am listening to my 560's naked, :flushed:, with the Focus A Pads.....WOW!!!!!! I didn't expect this dramatic of a change in soundstage, gone is any tendency to for the stage to "bunch" left, right, "center fill" is the best I have ever heard on any headphone (disclaimer, I have not heard the HD800's). Tonality (critical to my enjoyment) and image specificity are also significantly improved. Heifetz Rocks :clap:!

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #7,069 of 21,175
Switching gears a bit, I am listening to my 560's naked, :flushed:, with the Focus A Pads.....WOW!!!!!! I didn't expect this dramatic of a change in soundstage, gone is any tendency to for the stage to "bunch" left, right, "center fill" is the best I have ever heard on any headphone (disclaimer, I have not heard the HD800's). Tonality (critical to my enjoyment) and image specificity are also significantly improved. Heifetz Rocks :clap:!

A little too much information, don't you think?  XD  JKJK.  

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #7,070 of 21,175

Holy Jeebus, put some freakin' clothes on, you crazya$$ Wild Cat!

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #7,071 of 21,175
And not good for ur cables..ur body sweat is not good for the sleeving..so for me no naked listening..as i wanna keep my cables as long as possible.and the cables irritate my skin...hehehe :D

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #7,072 of 21,175
^Aw, come on the Wife is at work...is audio exhibitionism really wrong, cause I don't want to be right.......if it feels, errr....sounds so damn good!!!!!!! ☝️:nut_and_bolt::syringe::pill::smoking:.......

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #7,073 of 21,175

So funny! So you're just there at home and decide, what to hell, time for a good old fashioned naked listening session
biggrin.gif
 So I guess my obsession with volume pot positions is starting to look pretty normal right about now. The stuff you learn about people on the Internet I tell you. Just be careful the cord doesn't get, how shall I put this, entangled in any way.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #7,075 of 21,175
  loolllll....... What did i just readdd hahaha!!!!

A conversation about volume pots, what does it mean to be driven properly...  And a man derailing the conversation driving his headphones in his own special way :p  

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #7,076 of 21,175

A conversation about volume pots, what does it mean to be driven properly...  And a man derailing the conversation driving his headphones in his own special way :p  

Well when you put it like that .....
eek.gif
 Stop driving your headphones you weird little man, stop or you'll go blind. Now back to your regularly scheduled Internet community experience.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #7,077 of 21,175
So funny! So you're just there at home and decide, what to hell, time for a good old fashioned naked listening session:D  So I guess my obsession with volume pot positions is starting to look pretty normal right about now. The stuff you learn about people on the Internet I tell you. Just be careful the cord doesn't get, how shall I put this, entangled in any way.

No worries Mate, still using the stock cable, it's not long enough to create an issue :scream:! It sounds so freakn' good, listening to naked 560's could be a whole new lifestyle thing.....If John could spend a week buck naked with Yoko Ono, what's wrong with me spending some quality time with my precious 560's?!?!

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #7,078 of 21,175
No worries Mate, still using the stock cable, it's not long enough to create an issue :scream:! It sounds so freakn' good, listening to naked 560's could be a whole new lifestyle thing.....If John could spend a week buck naked with Yoko Ono, what's wrong with me spending some quality time with my precious 560's?!?!

So I guess you would say things sound natural and unveiled?

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #7,079 of 21,175
Unveiled is just the beginning Bro.....trouble is I am jamming the Dead, Dick's Picks, Vol. 23, Disc 2, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown.....somehow a fitting song, but truly never had any desire to get naked with Jerry Garcia....oh well, live and learn...

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #7,080 of 21,175

For the record, it was also wrong for John to do that. Not sure I get the whole naked Yoko Ono thing, but hey, John was down with it so what the hell. Wasn't that in Montreal or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back