= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6,061 of 21,171
It's technical mumbojumbo that is used to design the amps and DACs that we enjoy. As I try to remind some, this is not advanced science but Electrical Engineering basics, NOT rocket science. I find it odd that some of us who do not understand this at times act like this is witchcraft. If a doctor tells me that I have diabetes and need medication, I'm not going to say that I don't feel any different and not take the required medication because I don't understand the medical science behind this.
If anyone wants to take an adventure in excess, that's fine with me, enjoy. If they make what I feel is odd claims, I'll try to provide balance.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #6,062 of 21,171

Today I received the HiFiman HE-560 headphones. I've been listening for the past hr or so and they sound great. I'm using the WOO Fireflies along with the Wa7 tube power supply. I'm a Grado fan and these sound really good. Clear and full sound with just enough bass as well as a clear defined high end. My young impression is they are a keeper. Even using the free Spotify my play list sounds great.

Gary

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #6,063 of 21,171
smily_headphones1.gif
bass seems light on some songs. Then I played one song and it rattled my skull. So the bass is mix dependent but the treble so far is consistently strong.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #6,065 of 21,171

smily_headphones1.gif
bass seems light on some songs. Then I played one song and it rattled my skull. So the bass is mix dependent but the treble so far is consistently strong.

I had a similar experience.  Particularly one song with a distant rumbling thunder that is so convincing, I took the headphones off to make sure there wasn't something going on outside.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #6,066 of 21,171
The bass of these is very revealing I'd say 
smily_headphones1.gif
 It can hit hard and it can hit soft but it is tight and textured all the time 
biggrin.gif

Treble is awesome, midrange is great too... Everything works
gs1000.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #6,067 of 21,171

Today I received the HiFiman HE-560 headphones. I've been listening for the past hr or so and they sound great. I'm using the WOO Fireflies along with the Wa7 tube power supply. I'm a Grado fan and these sound really good. Clear and full sound with just enough bass as well as a clear defined high end. My young impression is they are a keeper. Even using the free Spotify my play list sounds great.

Gary

They improve a bunch after a week of stretching the diaphragm's.

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #6,068 of 21,171
Looks like HiFiMAN is shipping both color variations, the darker natural color and the slightly red/orangish cherry. My friend just brought his over and we noticed the difference. Both were recently ordered from retailers. I can't decide which one I like better, what do you guys think?

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #6,070 of 21,171
  Looks like HiFiMAN is shipping both color variations, the darker natural color and the slightly red/orangish cherry. My friend just brought his over and we noticed the difference. Both were recently ordered from retailers. I can't decide which one I like better, what do you guys think?

The lighter color strikes me better for display purposes.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #6,072 of 21,171
:) bass seems light on some songs. Then I played one song and it rattled my skull. So the bass is mix dependent but the treble so far is consistently strong.

How does it compare in your memory to the HE-6?

I'm on the west coast audition list so I'll have it side by side vs my HE-6 soon.........

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #6,073 of 21,171
How does it compare in your memory to the HE-6?

I'm on the west coast audition list so I'll have it side by side vs my HE-6 soon.........

With both driven by EF6, I won't say either is bass light - they sounded right to me. The key difference of he6 vs he560 is that he560 is leaner sounding and when compared to decently amped HE6 you can find the he560 sounding thinner across bass/mids/treble.

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #6,074 of 21,171

I'm partial to the cherry veneer, since a lot of the wood in my house falls into that range.  Kinda hoping that's what I end up with, but I'd be happy with either.  And really kinda hoping I have them by this weekend.  Maybe, if they ship from the US.

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,075 of 21,171
I got both the vali and lyr2.

The vali is definitely under-amping the 560. You can hear the body is less full, the high is not getting enough power and a bit congested, and the bass is weaken and not deep and bouncy like the one under lyr2. It is still comfortable to listen under vali since the treble is not harsh that the thinner body will not give you a bad feeling like an unamp k701.

I think that the additional Body in the Lyr is a result of it being a tube amp while the Vali is a solid state amp. They are designed to have different flavors,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back