= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,406 of 21,175
Well as far as synergy, I have found it easy to use the 560's with most everything I have. They continue to sound clean and dynamic and transparent enough to reveal what is upstream. I really enjoy the soundstage. It is overblown but a pretty natural projection of the recording, with reference to my other headphones I use and listening to the same music. A very nice addition to the enjoyment of Music. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #3,407 of 21,175
Well as far as synergy, I have found it easy to use the 560's with most everything I have. They continue to sound clean and dynamic and transparent enough to reveal what is upstream. I really enjoy the soundstage. It is overblown but a pretty natural projection of the recording, with reference to my other headphones I use and listening to the same music. A very nice addition to the enjoyment of Music. 

How does it do with the ESS Sabre?

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #3,409 of 21,175
popcorn.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #3,411 of 21,175
Loved my Compass 2 with Sabre ES9018, but I felt like it was slightly, SIGHTLY dry and bright. I think the Compass 2 would be a better purchase with the Wolfson chips that A-GD once used, but I don't think they use those anymore. Not sure how the current warmish chip A-Gd stacks up to the Wolfson.

I owned an O.G. NFB-5 which I actually preferred sonically over the Compass 2, if maybe because the added warmth added some euphony to every headphone that I enjoyed. Both weren't as good as the SA-31 though. That one sounded just right for everything.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3,412 of 21,175
Loved my Compass 2 with Sabre ES9018, but I felt like it was slightly, SIGHTLY dry and bright. I think the Compass 2 would be a better purchase with the Wolfson chips that A-GD once used, but I don't think they use those anymore. Not sure how the current warmish chip A-Gd stacks up to the Wolfson.

I owned an O.G. NFB-5 which I actually preferred sonically over the Compass 2, if maybe because the added warmth added some euphony to every headphone that I enjoyed. Both weren't as good as the SA-31 though. That one sounded just right for everything.

Sa-31 is different from acss beeing less neutral. The same goes for the wolfson. But ofcource its a matter of personal preference. 9018 gives more details with more fatigue. Pick your choice. My experience with 560 is go for the ess variant.

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #3,413 of 21,175
Oh man, I am so ready for these. My C2 getting burned-in nicely, my brain adjusting to the Sabre.
It's a bliss with the cheapo K612 but that headphone got a few flaws which the HE-560 should fix and then some :]
#HypedAndReady 
popcorn.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #3,416 of 21,175
I got 99 problems, but not having an HE560 ain't one. My preamp/DAC did decide to randomly die yesterday though, so I had to fall back to my E17 as the temporary preamp/DAC. A bit more grainy and flat compared to the 11.32 but eh.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #3,417 of 21,175
  I got 99 problems, but not having an HE560 ain't one. My preamp/DAC did decide to randomly die yesterday though, so I had to fall back to my E17 as the temporary preamp/DAC. A bit more grainy and flat compared to the 11.32 but eh.

Matters could be worse, you might have had to fallen back onto a pair of Beats.
eek.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #3,418 of 21,175

If they make a successor to the HE-6, I'd wouldn't mind if they used something heavier than plastic if for nothing but to have them "feel" nicer, but as I type that, the weight of the HE500 is getting to me, so I'm not so sure anymore. Leather pads would be nice, but then they'd probably feel like they have to make a vegan version of their pads. Though, I wouldn't mind an Alcantara-like material for pads. It's both cool and soft.

Leather might be a good HE-6 successor..  These look pretty good.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,420 of 21,175
I've seen this posted a billion times. This headphone needs good synergy. That headphone is very picky.
A good headphone should sound good out of a neutral 'transparent' DAC/amp IMO.
When you have to compensate for a flawed headphone by using 'colored' gear... That's just not a way I'd like to take.

Right on Luke..

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back