= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #46 of 21,171

12​
Delivered - Signed for by : E​
-​
3:29 PM​

I think we (myself included, until tmr) all want a bunch of photos more than anything off the bat 
eek.gif
 gogo

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #47 of 21,171
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #48 of 21,171

ROFL. Clearly some Head-fier has hijacked it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
(time for Jerg to break into the DHL holding facility with a team of Head-fi Ninjas)

It's hifimanrookie, I guarantee it 
biggrin.gif
 It's his perfect revenge. Nobody would suspect him after getting that crazy rig.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #49 of 21,171
Teaser.

For those that are wondering, this HE-560 weighs in at 395g vs the HE-6 weighing in at a hefty 557g.

Review to come, need some quality, quiet, late night listening time for a few days.  I'll post up a review thread, but will put up a couple of pics as a teaser, I'll link to it in this thread.

Between the Leather(pleather?) Velour faced Ear pads, the new head band, and the lighter weight, the HE-560 is one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Also, the biggest stand out so far is how fast and smooth the sounds are, especially the treble.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #51 of 21,171
  Teaser.

What?

You're not going to give us a stream of conscious bluddering impression every 20 minutes where you contradict yourself every six hours and go back and forth for three days until you finally come to a conclusion?

You're no fun... 
tongue_smile.gif

Clearly Fang needs to send review samples to an expert audiopsychopath like me who can accomplish this with ease

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #55 of 21,171
  Teaser.

^is that yours received today?

Hm...  Is anybody else confused about the identical headband / underwhelmed by the change in materials?  I thought the headband design was going to be significantly 'reworked'/altered - from this look, it seems like all they did was change from glossy plastic to semi-gloss/satin and then add the model number to the side (sort of in super-plain font, too).

Are we under the impression that these review samples are of the absolute final production design?

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #57 of 21,171

Hm...  Is anybody else confused about the identical headband / underwhelmed by the change in materials?  I thought the headband design was going to be significantly 'reworked'/altered - from this look, it seems like all they did was change from glossy plastic to semi-gloss/satin and then add the model number to the side (sort of in super-plain font, too).

Are we under the impression that these review samples are of the absolute final production design?

The Matte finish is much nicer looking in person than the glossy finish that I saw with the prototypes at CES in January.
Also the Logo and "HE-560" are a much nicer Satin Silver in color rather than White.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #60 of 21,171

As far as I can tell, compared to the CES versions, the headband has been reworked, the top has been completely re-radiused and the 90* bend has been beveled more. The CES models were nearly flat across when decompressed whereas this model seems to maintain the upper curvature at rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back