= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #62 of 21,175
  As far as I can tell, compared to the CES versions, the headband has been reworked, the top has been completely re-radiused and the 90* bend has been beveled more. The CES models were nearly flat across when decompressed whereas this model seems to maintain the upper curvature at rest.

As an assertion, sounds a little exaggerated, based on the few pics we have to compare.  'De-compressed' and 'at-rest' are a little unclear, too - which do you mean to say is 'on-head' vs. 'off-head'?
  Looks pretty similar to me, here's a pic of the one at CES.

^This.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #63 of 21,175
Sub'd :popcorn:

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #64 of 21,175

This looks like the silver cable?
I assume the new one will only come with the retail boxes?
Who knows what else is different ;O

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #67 of 21,175
Once I receive my pair, I'm the most excited about having a face-to-face between the unmodded HE560 and my uber-modded HE500. Unfortunately I don't have an unmodded HE500 handy, so the HE560s will be at a pretty serious disadvantage right off the bat. It'll have a fun time beating up my unmodded HE400s though.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #68 of 21,175
  Once I receive my pair, I'm the most excited about having a face-to-face between the unmodded HE560 and my uber-modded HE500. Unfortunately I don't have an unmodded HE500 handy, so the HE560s will be at a pretty serious disadvantage right off the bat. It'll have a fun time beating up my unmodded HE400s though.

Having an almost equally uber-modded HE-500 (thank you very much :), I'm really looking forward to that comparison; more than any other.  Do it up right, tons of details, etc.  Maybe a stop-motion battle between the two, Robot Chicken style.... OK, not so much the last thing 
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #70 of 21,175

Well thank you for the really good picture.

I am just disappointed in the aesthetics. It still looks power ranger'ish with the huge tacky logo on the sides and bulgy headband corners.

All of that will go away once I put them on and feel the amazing comfort and sound unless the bass is what ppl round here call flat. If it's less than the spirit pro in qty I prob will only halfway like it.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #71 of 21,175
Well, it's supposed to be reference, not tipped for any one frequency. For that, you may have to wait for the 400i which will be tipped for warmth.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #73 of 21,175
Well, it's supposed to be reference, not tipped for any one frequency. For that, you may have to wait for the 400i which will be tipped for warmth.

I get the idea and had it.  I just dont think reference should be light and neutral is very controversial. Well the he-500 bass is good enough for me, just want a little bit better(not qty but qlty) but hey that could be flat to people or warm. I dont freaking know. I guess I mean not bass shy. I also want as much transparency as I can afford just not at the expense of decent bass and.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #74 of 21,175
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of people love wood headphones. Hifiman's original HE-5 was wood as well...

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the huge arch in the headband. But for a headphone I'd use at home only, it doesn't bother me much. I've owned uglier headphones.

As long as it's super comfy and sounds amazing, that's what's most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back