= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #14,656 of 21,171

Bold statement. Not even for an edition x or HEK :wink:

Within a year he will have sold them, just wait and see. Well, maybe, we all thirst for a new signature.

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #14,657 of 21,171
  Within a year he will have sold them, just wait and see.

Probably lol. While I do like the 560s quite a lot I wouldn't hesitate to sell and move on haha. They are quite the all-rounder which is what keeps them in my collection. Very comfy and seems to tackle all genres well. Logical progression would probably put me in an Edition X but I'd like to demo to see how much better they are to justify twice the price. Same dilemma I had with my LCD-Xs and 560s. Preferred the Xs sometimes but didn't think they were twice the headphone.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #14,658 of 21,171
Has anybody tried the 560 with the Chord Mojo? Ive seen some posts about the Chord Hugo, this seems to be capable of driving the 560s very nicely, how about the Mojo? Is it a good match (or do i need to keep saving?)

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #14,659 of 21,171
  Has anybody tried the 560 with the Chord Mojo? Ive seen some posts about the Chord Hugo, this seems to be capable of driving the 560s very nicely, how about the Mojo? Is it a good match (or do i need to keep saving?)

Oh, it's quite capable of driving them.  Save for a couple brief "nope-nope-nopes" with other amps, I haven't really used anything else to drive the HE560 yet.  Except for focused listening I doubt I will be tying myself down to a desk with them when the Mojo lets me roam around.  So far, there's very little concern that I may be missing what these 'phones are really capable of.  I bet aspects could be polished, or perhaps there are some other made-in-heaven combinations for certain genres and recordings, but I don't like swapping sources and amps when I'm happy with a combo and still tuning my ears to it.  It'll be more than a year before I even start looking around and trying to justify another amp to improve on how the Mojo drives these, given that I could find an appreciable improvement for less than 2x the price.

I also listened to some DXD and DSD256 files, wondering if an orchestra could reveal what could be lacking in how the Mojo drives these cans and then set me in a direction for a desktop amp search to pair with them, but to no avail.  So, I'll be walking around with my HE560's more than I should.

The Mojo warms my pocket and Hifiman my ears.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #14,660 of 21,171

Tried the mojo at a meet and I think it did quite well, pretty impressive thing. I'm on the lookout for one now. I'd say I was around 50-60%% on the mojo and I thought it was plenty loud. These headphones love power though don't be fooled by the low impedance and "easy to drive" talk. I will say when I drive them on my WA6SE which is like 2W @ 50ohms and Mjolnir which is 5W @ 50ohms the differences were apparent in comparision to the mojo.

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #14,661 of 21,171
Well I sent my 560s back to warranty, I hope i get the new ver with the new connectors

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #14,663 of 21,171
pad peeling plus a bit of driver rattle

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #14,664 of 21,171
Within a year he will have sold them, just wait and see. Well, maybe, we all thirst for a new signature.

Maybe... but after a long journey in head fi world, I think I will listen to these a long time again!

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #14,665 of 21,171

Oh, it's quite capable of driving them.  Save for a couple brief "nope-nope-nopes" with other amps, I haven't really used anything else to drive the HE560 yet.  Except for focused listening I doubt I will be tying myself down to a desk with them when the Mojo lets me roam around.  So far, there's very little concern that I may be missing what these 'phones are really capable of.  I bet aspects could be polished, or perhaps there are some other made-in-heaven combinations for certain genres and recordings, but I don't like swapping sources and amps when I'm happy with a combo and still tuning my ears to it.  It'll be more than a year before I even start looking around and trying to justify another amp to improve on how the Mojo drives these, given that I could find an appreciable improvement for less than 2x the price.

I also listened to some DXD and DSD256 files, wondering if an orchestra could reveal what could be lacking in how the Mojo drives these cans and then set me in a direction for a desktop amp search to pair with them, but to no avail.  So, I'll be walking around with my HE560's more than I should.

The Mojo warms my pocket and Hifiman my ears.

Thanks a mill, i think ill treat myself this Christmas if i can find an Irish retailer! I expect that they do sound great!

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #14,666 of 21,171

Tried the mojo at a meet and I think it did quite well, pretty impressive thing. I'm on the lookout for one now. I'd say I was around 50-60%% on the mojo and I thought it was plenty loud. These headphones love power though don't be fooled by the low impedance and "easy to drive" talk. I will say when I drive them on my WA6SE which is like 2W @ 50ohms and Mjolnir which is 5W @ 50ohms the differences were apparent in comparision to the mojo.

Thank you Vanquisher

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #14,667 of 21,171
  ... and "easy to drive" talk. I will say when I drive them on my WA6SE which is like 2W @ 50ohms and Mjolnir which is 5W @ 50ohms the differences were apparent in comparision to the mojo.

I can hear them coming in the distance, wait for it .....

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #14,668 of 21,171
  I can hear them coming in the distance, wait for it .....

Bro, this can is even perfectly awesome from an iPod touch bro.
tongue.gif

Seriously though, the impedance number means nothing in this case. Compare this to an actual easy to drive headphone like the Fidelio X1 and see how much more power this thing likes.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #14,669 of 21,171

Love my Mojo!! Drives the 560's louder than I care to listen.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #14,670 of 21,171
Hey everyone, long time lurker since around 2011 here. I'm excited to say I have these coming in the mail from that Black Friday deal and I'm very hyped up. I hear the Gustard H10 is a very good amp for these and I am willing to purchase it, but something a little cheaper at around $300 would be nicer for the budget, although if the H10 is just that good then by all means.

Also, if anyone has experience I'd like to hear some impressions on the original Magni vs H10, as I have a Magni, and the HE-560 vs the HE-400 since the HE-400 has been my daily for 2 years now.

Side note: I owned the HE-400 and HD 650 simultaneously for a period of several months, but ultimately sold the HD 650 since I needed money and liked the HE-400 more. Now, I still liked the HD 650 quite a bit and loved the midrange, I just liked the bass extension and "larger" sound the HE-400 had. Not larger as in soundstage, but just that lush, full-bodied sound that the HE-400 has. Also the 650 was a little too polite for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back