Oct 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #9,076 of 21,171
Here's what I found:

Code:
tracert rsp-apn1.com

Tracing route to rsp-apn1.com [203.186.75.198]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ************ [192.168.1.1]
 2 35 ms 28 ms 30 ms 71.62.104.1
 3 15 ms 9 ms 11 ms xe-4-2-0-0-sur01.spotsylvania.va.richmond.comcast.net [68.85.226.117]
 4 11 ms 13 ms 12 ms xe-10-0-0-0-ar02.charlvilleco.va.richmond.comcast.net [68.86.172.97]
 5 18 ms 17 ms 19 ms pos-1-2-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.53]
 6 14 ms 17 ms 15 ms he-0-12-0-0-pe04.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.66]
 7 24 ms 21 ms 18 ms xe-7-0-2.was10.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.71.193]
 8 251 ms 251 ms 251 ms xe-2-1-0.hkg11.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.182.190]
 9 * * 241 ms city-telecom-gw.ip4.gtt.net [213.254.227.134]
 10 246 ms 251 ms 305 ms 014136128045.ctinets.com [14.136.128.45]
 11 243 ms 249 ms 272 ms 014199252254.ctinets.com [14.199.252.254]
 12 244 ms 244 ms 245 ms 061093148194.ctinets.com [61.93.148.194]
 13 248 ms 243 ms 243 ms 058177205025.ctinets.com [58.177.205.25]
 14 241 ms 251 ms 249 ms 059148250138.ctinets.com [59.148.250.138]
 15 257 ms 240 ms 253 ms smtp6198.respread.net [203.186.75.198]

Trace complete.

respread.net seems to be this, which seems to be a marketing/PR type operation.  Here's the About Us page (mostly useless):

http://subscriber.reasonablespread.com/SubscribeFormDetail.aspx?UserID=2503&scrfId=286&type=subscribe

Don't think this will come as a surprise, though:

Reasonable Spread
18/F, Laford Centre, 838 Lai Chi Kok Road, Cheung Sha Wan, Kln, Hong Kong
Tel: 35904869 Fax: 30144839 Website: [COLOR=8B0000]http://RSpread.hk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=D3D3D3]No Spam: [COLOR=C0C0C0]Spread - Permission Email Marketing[/COLOR][/COLOR]

So, as before you freaked out, I will continue to not freak out.
:beerchug:  
[rule]
SPECIAL NOTE FOR HiFi!!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SpreadHK

:D

To click or not to click that is the question... lol

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #9,078 of 21,171
To click or not to click that is the question... lol

Whether 'tis nobler in the wallet to suffer.....

Well, if you click it and are forced to change plays, then start saying, "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!" you'll know you're in a right bloody mess.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #9,079 of 21,171
  Were you into Wildcat oil rigs? Just guessing at the name. Go listen and have some fun.

Dr. Stan,

Worked as a Roustabout on a Service Rig in Wichita Falls, TX, the Summers between my Sophomore/Junior and Junior/Senior years, great for staying in football shape and managed to keep all of my fingers in the right place!

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #9,080 of 21,171
To my ears and with my equipment, The 560 is  a tonally more consistent headphone than the 6 was.
Not saying better refinement/micro-detail/etc., but I just find it better balanced with less bright/less prone to harshness treble, for instance.
IMO. 
biggrin.gif
 I am just liking the 560 a lot better than I liked the 6 when I had them... Maybe my preferences have matured a bit since then but 'tis I do not know 
rolleyes.gif
 [and the scale of which I doubt
cool.gif
]

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #9,081 of 21,171
  A change of volume can affect how we percieve treble which can impact how we percieve soundstage.  We are complicated creatures.

Too much good stuff to quote, and I hate to go off-topic.

I tried the HE-560's with 4 amps: Burson Soloist, headphone out of a Marantz SR-7002, Schiit Magni and the FiiO E10. I volume-matched at the driver of the 560's using a Radio Shack meter: I do not pretend that this is accurate or scientific.  But necessity required I do something, since the Burson went out of commission, the Marantz developed a fatal fault, and I had to wait for the Magni.  I used the FiiO out of desperation, as I had very little time.

Back in the 80's I was a student studio engineer, I've been a semi-pro bassist for going on 40 years, blah blah blah.  I didn't start listening to music and equipment critically when I joined Head-fi.  Just saying.

With the FiiO, the bass was woolly and the treble harsh.  Not enough juice to drive the headphones, and clipping happened pretty early on high gain.

I could not tell, notice, hear, imagine, or in anyway detect a difference in subjective experience between the Burson, Marantz, or Magni.  Nothing- cymbals shined and had excellent decay, I could hear John Wettons fingers on the roundwounds of his Fender Precision, and Margo Timmins sounded like she was singing on my lap (gimme a minute.......yeah). Soundstage, imaging, depth- all the same.

I actually had to lower the gain going into the Magni in order to volume match without distortion.  That is one powerful beast of a $100 amp, and when fed a clean signal, it is every bit as chocolate/vanilla/soothing/gripping/ballsey/(insert your favorite term) as the Soloist.

Don't get me wrong: I love Cavali, and plan on buying one someday.  Ditto for the Ragnarok.  I love high power gear, and the fact that my practice bass rig is a 1500-watt Crown power amp going into a 4-Ohm cab with 2 12's in it should give me cred in the overkill department.  I can cause structural damage when I hit my low B at 120 dB.

But I also know that it takes 10 times the power to double the volume output in decibels, and an increase from 1 watt to 2 watts gives a whopping 3 dB increase, if that.  We spend a lot of time debating this stuff, and science actually does apply.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #9,082 of 21,171
  To my ears and with my equipment, The 560 is  a tonally more consistent headphone than the 6 was.
Not saying better refinement/micro-detail/etc., but I just find it better balanced with less bright/less prone to harshness treble, for instance.
IMO. 
biggrin.gif
 I am just liking the 560 a lot better than I liked the 6 when I had them... Maybe my preferences have matured a bit since then but 'tis I do not know 
rolleyes.gif
 [and the scale of which I doubt
cool.gif
]

Don't say that with preproman around.  He'll just say you aren't giving enough wattage to the HE-6.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #9,083 of 21,171
OK, Stan, per your responses to Preporman, 1W=120 DB, my Lyr 2 is what 6W, and we figured the Belles to be 9W, my iDSD Nano, 600MW, sounds lifeless, compressed dynamics, no depth, fuzzy, and wooly. Now the Lyr 2 versus the Belles, the later has a tighter grip on the bass, tonally similar, maybe a bit of a nod to the Lyr for more body. I think that you should add a bit more juice to the StanDyamp, with a bigger power supply, compare to the StanDyamp Mi
very_evil_smiley.gif
nor, I am confident that you find absolute power to be absolutely corrupting!!!!!!!!!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #9,084 of 21,171
  Too much good stuff to quote, and I hate to go off-topic.

I tried the HE-560's with 4 amps: Burson Soloist, headphone out of a Marantz SR-7002, Schiit Magni and the FiiO E10. I volume-matched at the driver of the 560's using a Radio Shack meter: I do not pretend that this is accurate or scientific.  But necessity required I do something, since the Burson went out of commission, the Marantz developed a fatal fault, and I had to wait for the Magni.  I used the FiiO out of desperation, as I had very little time.

Back in the 80's I was a student studio engineer, I've been a semi-pro bassist for going on 40 years, blah blah blah.  I didn't start listening to music and equipment critically when I joined Head-fi.  Just saying.

With the FiiO, the bass was woolly and the treble harsh.  Not enough juice to drive the headphones, and clipping happened pretty early on high gain.

I could not tell, notice, hear, imagine, or in anyway detect a difference in subjective experience between the Burson, Marantz, or Magni.  Nothing- cymbals shined and had excellent decay, I could hear John Wettons fingers on the roundwounds of his Fender Precision, and Margo Timmins sounded like she was singing on my lap (gimme a minute.......yeah). Soundstage, imaging, depth- all the same.

I actually had to lower the gain going into the Magni in order to volume match without distortion.  That is one powerful beast of a $100 amp, and when fed a clean signal, it is every bit as chocolate/vanilla/soothing/gripping/ballsey/(insert your favorite term) as the Soloist.

Don't get me wrong: I love Cavali, and plan on buying one someday.  Ditto for the Ragnarok.  I love high power gear, and the fact that my practice bass rig is a 1500-watt Crown power amp going into a 4-Ohm cab with 2 12's in it should give me cred in the overkill department.  I can cause structural damage when I hit my low B at 120 dB.

But I also know that it takes 10 times the power to double the volume output in decibels, and an increase from 1 watt to 2 watts gives a whopping 3 dB increase, if that.  We spend a lot of time debating this stuff, and science actually does apply.

I guess the E10 is not up to snuff. I picked up the Magni as an extra amp for another room and was amazed at what it does. I've A/B'd it with numerous amps and walked away with a smile, each time.
So what happens when you slap an open low E string? Earth quakes. I still have my Maple Neck Ashe Body Strat. My daughter wants it when I croak, I keep telling her not to hold her breath waiting and that Strat will always be 13 years older than she is. She's in a PhD program and not a kid.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #9,085 of 21,171
  I guess the E10 is not up to snuff. I picked up the Magni as an extra amp for another room and was amazed at what it does. I've A/B'd it with numerous amps and walked away with a smile, each time.
So what happens when you slap an open low E string? Earth quakes. I still have my Maple Neck Ashe Body Strat. My daughter wants it when I croak, I keep telling her not to hold her breath waiting and that Strat will always be 13 years older than she is. She's in a PhD program and not a kid.

The E10 is awesome.  The 400i' are much more sensitive than the 560's, and the E10 can rock them almost as hard as the Magni.  But the E10 makes a lot more sense with my Grado's.  Still, it's a good listen, in any case.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #9,086 of 21,171
Yes, the 560's scale like a bainshee, both on quality and power, just as much so as the HE-6 and HD800, time will tell in finding the amps that bring out their best is yet to be determined.

Money, say what, headphones don't scale, all amps are the same, Dude step away from the NWAVGUY's cool aid, you are so incredibly wrong. Oh, the best Health Care Practitioners do practice medicine as an art, supported by objective science. Are you a Pharmacist?

I don't know if you meant the query about being a pharmacist as an insult, but pharmacists do receive 2-4 years of training and are very well-qualified. I am a resident and very familiar with health care practice. The art of medicine commonly just refers to the differences in styles that physicians have during patient encounters. The rest of medicine is very objective and relies on evidence-based clinical data. There is really no wiggle room for subjectivity when it comes to treatments. There are clear guidelines and protocols concerning patient care, and deviations from the standard of care will result in a lawsuit for negligence.

I don't know why you keep assuming that someone seeking objective data concerning audio performance is inherently a "nwavguy minion." However, I think it is reasonable to trust the opinion of an electrical engineer about amplifier performance especially when claims are backed by measured data over some hobbyist's subjective personal impressions. I don't think that particular discussion is particularly relevant or helpful though.

What I am interested in is the actual specific sonic changes relating to 'scaling' determined either through a double-blinded volume-matched direct comparison or objective measurable data, as well as the factors of amplifier design or specs that causes performance discrepancies. Anecdotal claims of sonic improvement along the lines of I feel like xyz without the elimination of confounding variables, lacking any objective reference point that other people can relate to, or without reproducible results are not very helpful for academic conversation.

subjective impressions are fine as fans discussing their passions, but when claims of objective sonic performance improvements are made, I would like something more than anecdotal experiences or speculation without any scientific evidence.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #9,087 of 21,171
  The E10 is awesome.  The 400i' are much more sensitive than the 560's, and the E10 can rock them almost as hard as the Magni.  But the E10 makes a lot more sense with my Grado's.  Still, it's a good listen, in any case.

Yep, the E10K puts out 200 mW at 32 Ohms, so it requires a more sensitive can. I use an E12 on the go, works great, can even manage to push an HE-500, mabye not your 2 12" speakers.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #9,088 of 21,171
  I don't know if you meant the query about being a pharmacist as an insult, but pharmacists do receive 2-4 years of training and are very well-qualified. I am a resident and very familiar with health care practice. The art of medicine commonly just refers to the differences in styles that physicians have during patient encounters. The rest of medicine is very objective and relies on evidence-based clinical data. There is really no wiggle room for subjectivity when it comes to treatments. There are clear guidelines and protocols concerning patient care, and deviations from the standard of care will result in a lawsuit for negligence.

I don't know why you keep assuming that someone seeking objective data concerning audio performance is inherently a "nwavguy minion." However, I think it is reasonable to trust the opinion of an electrical engineer about amplifier performance especially when claims are backed by measured data over some hobbyist's subjective personal impressions. I don't think that particular discussion is particularly relevant or helpful though.

What I am interested in is the actual specific sonic changes relating to 'scaling' determined either through a double-blinded volume-matched direct comparison or objective measurable data, as well as the factors of amplifier design or specs that causes performance discrepancies. Anecdotal claims of sonic improvement along the lines of I feel like xyz without the elimination of confounding variables, lacking any objective reference point that other people can relate to, or without reproducible results are not very helpful for academic conversation.

subjective impressions are fine as fans discussing their passions, but when claims of objective sonic performance improvements are made, I would like something more than anecdotal experiences or speculation without any scientific evidence.

Money, I hope your Residency is Pathology or Radiology, you dismiss patient interaction far too readily. Pharmacists are numbers guys, with limited interaction, not an insult, just attracts people with differing personality types. Check back after about 10 years in practice and we can have a round 2 of this conversation.

Electrical Engineers, another fine profession, but I doubt more than a handful could build an amplifier that sings, again no insult intended. You really are in the wrong hobby, have you considered collecting stamps, very little subjectivity too that. While what you want sounds lovely, if your a flaming OCD, attempting to publish, or grasping,  but you truly are in the wrong place. Though you probably should write the book on medicine, music reproduction, and whatever your little mind desires now while you still know everything. Remember stamps, great place for you, now run along..... 

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #9,090 of 21,171
  Totally our of line, dude.

Swipers, sorry Man, just tired of hearing the same lame objectivist crap (I am assuming you meant "out")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back