= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,746 of 21,171
My left one has very tight friction while my right one is kinda loose. Well, variety is the spice of life is the only excuse I can think of xP other than broad QC standards.

Sounds like there's only one thing you can do: repeatedly adjust the left side up and down like a true obsessive-compulsive disorder until it's as loose as the right one.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #5,747 of 21,171
Sounds like there's only one thing you can do: repeatedly adjust the left side up and down like a true obsessive-compulsive disorder until it's as loose as the right one.

Yeah I guess I could.
But I am not truly OCD so I'll give it time :D

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5,751 of 21,171
I am 67 yrs have very good hearing for an old man. Even at my age found the he 400 had very shrill treble even before it became a big deal I sold them and got the 500 loved them. Now I have the 560 love them even more sound very airy and balanced a little larger sound stage now I have to sell my 500
Very expensive but great hobbie

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #5,752 of 21,171
67 isn't old. My mother is 93 and still has such good hearing it is scary. And people that say they are old get there faster. I have friends in their 70's and older that are fit and not old. One in his early 50's is old, sadly but that is a lot of head talk. 

My 560's have broken in I would suppose. Very open sounding and enjoyable. All the micro details are there with a beautiful and I love the carry over of the lingering note. Very natural, the extension and quality of the note not just dying but trailing off naturally. 

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #5,753 of 21,171
I agree that age and hearing loss might not be as linear a relationship as is commonly bandied about as inevitable and set in stone. I have abused my hearing significantly over the years, frankly I am surprised that my hearing has remained as good as it is. I have no doubt there is age related hearing loss, I just do not believe it is a one size fits all affair meaning some people will suffer worse loss than others, and some may have virtually no lose.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #5,754 of 21,171
  67 isn't old. My mother is 93 and still has such good hearing it is scary. And people that say they are old get there faster. I have friends in their 70's and older that are fit and not old. One in his early 50's is old, sadly but that is a lot of head talk. 

My 560's have broken in I would suppose. Very open sounding and enjoyable. All the micro details are there with a beautiful and I love the carry over of the lingering note. Very natural, the extension and quality of the note not just dying but trailing off naturally. 

I notice your location and wonder if being out in less populated areas for stretches of your life has a factor in hearing. I'd assume someone living/working in the city is going to have worse hearing over time than someone out in the country. 

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #5,755 of 21,171
We should start an over 60 club very few audiophiles that I know at my age
I have loved music my whole life always fascinated with sound just got away from speakers into phones about 6 yrs ago I have upgraded about 10 times
For the time being happy with lyr bifrost uber and he560 but I know I will get itchy again always new and better

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #5,756 of 21,171
I notice your location and wonder if being out in less populated areas for stretches of your life has a factor in hearing. I'd assume someone living/working in the city is going to have worse hearing over time than someone out in the country. 
thats a coincidence u say that..i think i once read a test a few years ago about the relation of noise in big cities and the people's hearing living in them...compared to people living in less populated less noisy areas

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #5,757 of 21,171
We should start an over 60 club very few audiophiles that I know at my age
I have loved music my whole life always fascinated with sound just got away from speakers into phones about 6 yrs ago I have upgraded about 10 times
For the time being happy with lyr bifrost uber and he560 but I know I will get itchy again always new and better

+1. 68 and climbing!

Just read your profile....DHC, which one, I have 4!

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #5,759 of 21,171

T

Outcome was that there was indeed a corrolation between daily noise (especially lower frequency noise) and our hearing loss in rural areas...people living in areas where ist quiet..like woods etc., Tend to keep their hearing longer..specially the highest and lowest frequencies hearing capacity gets lost the fastest, even if u sleep u get affected of noise around u in cities... I think it was a study in sweden if i am not mistaken a few years back..i read it in some medical magazine when i was working in a hospital back then.

But its oftopic..back on topic pls...
Maybe a 40+ club? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back