= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 23, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #19,846 of 21,175
Anyone with V2's and any other Hifiman thst has a suspension strap headband, take pictures comparing the stretched out width of the headphones, and if anyone also has a sundara, a side-by-side would be fantastic. We need evidence of this stuff. People are skeptical about the severity of the issues, and are saying they just need to break in, or people just aren't used to it etc.

Someone on slickdeals just said their v2 headband suspension strap measured 8.25 inches. https://slickdeals.net/f/11829663-h...s-300-free-shipping?p=118000975#post118000975

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #19,848 of 21,175
interesting. the pair i actually handled today was for sure not we measured it three times to be sure. ill wait till my actual pair is in hand tomm and let you guys know. im tempted to order another pair and see what i get between the two

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #19,851 of 21,175
Okay, I think I know what's going on. Here's my earlier post:

I just measured the gap between earpads on the 560 v2 and the Sundara. This is with the suspension band pulled fully taught.

The Sundara has about 8" of space, while the 560 v2 has about 6.8" of room. That's a pretty big difference.

I wasn't talking about the actual length of the suspension strap. That is indeed about 8.25", which is the same length as the Sundara's (I just measured both). The difference is the cups on the v2's are a lot thicker than the Sundara's. That's why their is a big gap difference between the two headphones. HiFiman needed to use a longer strap to compensate for the difference, but apparently the just used the Sundara's strap.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #19,852 of 21,175
Does it sound different in a bad way? Like a step down the v1?

Yes, unfortunately. I went into it more detail in an earlier post a few pages back.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #19,853 of 21,175

I wasn't talking about the actual length of the suspension strap. That is indeed about 8.25", which is the same length as the Sundara's (I just measured both). The difference is the cups on the v2's are a lot thicker than the Sundara's. That's why their is a big gap difference between the two headphones. HiFiman needed to use a longer strap to compensate for the difference, but apparently the just used the Sundara's strap.
correct. thats what i was measuring BUT the actual strap on this pair was not 8.25" i dont remember the exact number but it was closer to 8" or just under. i think we all got mixed up in that regard. one of the people who brought one of the sets i was able to look at has a much larger head then i do and he found them much to small.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #19,854 of 21,175

Ah Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

6.8inches is actually about how far my HE560 ear cups are on my head. but if that's the max it will go, that could be pretty uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #19,856 of 21,175
So much drama over "v2 gate"! :laughing:

All I know for sure is this:

-My Sundara's, which appear to have the exact same headband/suspension strap system as the 560 v2's, are very comfortable for me. I've had them for a few months now and never had any issues.
-I find the 560 v2's not comfortable and feel like the suspension strap is so tight it might break. This is regardless of what notch you adjust them to.
-Despite having the same pads and what appears to be the exact same driver/magnet structure, the v2's sound different from the original 560's. Not necessarily in a good way. I went into more detail in an earlier post in this thread.
-HiFiMan, amirite?!? :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #19,857 of 21,175
So much drama over "v2 gate"! :laughing:

All I know for sure is this:

-My Sundara's, which appear to have the exact same headband/suspension strap system as the 560 v2's, are very comfortable for me. I've had them for a few months now and never had any issues.
-I find the 560 v2's not comfortable and feel like the suspension strap is so tight it might break. This is regardless of what notch you adjust them to.
-Despite having the same pads and what appears to be the exact same driver/magnet structure, the v2's sound different from the original 560's. Not necessarily in a good way. I went into more detail in an earlier post in this thread.
-HiFiMan, amirite?!? :wink:

But comparing the two headbands you can confirm that they are identical?

Could you measure the distance from the headband's attachment to the cup, the pivot point, out to the edge of the cup, on both cans?

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #19,859 of 21,175
But comparing the two headbands you can confirm that they are identical?

Could you measure the distance from the headband's attachment to the cup, the pivot point, out to the edge of the cup, on both cans?

Yea, tomorrow. I'll also try and take a few pictures.

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #19,860 of 21,175
I think we should call the current version V3 since the original was with SMC jacks, version 2 was with 2.5mm jacks and now version 3 with Sundara headband and different cups.
Anyone with the V3 took a picture of the drivers after removing the grills to see if they still have the back plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back