= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 20, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #16,516 of 21,171
True dat!

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #16,519 of 21,171
Ahhh, diminishing returns, definitely exists in audio...

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #16,522 of 21,171
  I love Mingus on the 560s as well as Coltrane and Kamasi Washington. With Mingus and the 560s level of detail, it's a wonderful experience listening to the different tones and textures he can extract from his bass as well as the other talented players that play with him.

With more recent stuff like Kamasi Washington, the grand soundstage really lends itself well to his compositions. Though I think the title of his latest album, The Epic, is horribly generic and cliche, it's a very apt description so I can't fault him for that.

We seem to have similar tastes. I am finding some trumpet parts/solos to be a little too bright on the 560s. Happened to me listening to Mingus a few weeks ago, as well as some of Miles' stuff (solo, with Trane, etc). 

Do you leave your EQ flat, or tweak it at all?

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #16,523 of 21,171
The screw-on (SMC?) connector on one side of my 560s' stock cable broke today. It was loose - the end that attaches to the cable (the non-threaded end) kept slipping off the cable. In the process of trying to fix it I, of course, broke it completely. 

I'm actually using the cans now - that side is plugged in and working, if not very securely. 

Does anyone know if replacement connectors are available? The cable itself is fine. The connector on the cup is fine. It's just the gold metal "sleeve" that connects the cable to the rest of the connector that broke, if that makes sense. Assuming I'd need an entirely new metal connector, which is still a very small part.

I tried searching the thread before posting, but couldn't find anything. 

Thanks

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #16,524 of 21,171
  The screw-on (SMC?) connector on one side of my 560s' stock cable broke today. It was loose - the end that attaches to the cable (the non-threaded end) kept slipping off the cable. In the process of trying to fix it I, of course, broke it completely. 

I'm actually using the cans now - that side is plugged in and working, if not very securely. 

Does anyone know if replacement connectors are available? The cable itself is fine. The connector on the cup is fine. It's just the gold metal "sleeve" that connects the cable to the rest of the connector that broke, if that makes sense. Assuming I'd need an entirely new metal connector, which is still a very small part.

Thanks

you could get replacement connectors from 3rd party (like eBay) or from HIFIMAN directly.
stock cable for mine was bit faulty as-well.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #16,525 of 21,171

Thanks

About as cheap as it gets:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-SMC-Female-Jack-Straight-Crimp-For-RG174-RG179-RG316-RG188-Cable-Connector-/251262372944?hash=item3a80678c50:g:sRYAAOxy69JTA5JZ

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #16,526 of 21,171

Sweet. Thanks!

Anybody wanna buy 9 connectors?

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #16,527 of 21,171

Sweet. Thanks!

Anybody wanna buy 9 connectors?

You might want to hang on to the extras, if you ever get TH-X00 or one of the other Fostex headphones the SMC connector is great for making removable cables since no cutting is needed.  I've also use the SMC connectors for Grado's, K533, and even a MRD-7506.

This is the female part that I use: http://www.vetco.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7368&keywords=smc, takes up almost no space inside of any cup.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #16,529 of 21,171

Oh, I was just making a (lame) joke 
beerchug.gif

Again, thank you guys for the help. Would rather save my dollars towards a warmer amp than put them into a replacement cable just now!

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #16,530 of 21,171

We seem to have similar tastes. I am finding some trumpet parts/solos to be a little too bright on the 560s. Happened to me listening to Mingus a few weeks ago, as well as some of Miles' stuff (solo, with Trane, etc). 

Do you leave your EQ flat, or tweak it at all?

https://mrspeakers.com/shop/3-accessories/doggie-treats-tweaking-kit/

One pair of felt discs and you're good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back