= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 12, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #15,556 of 21,171
Depends on your amp. My sansui using speaker taps really pushes some nice bass out of the he560 but generally all posters here are right the lcd2 have the upper hand in the bass area. Soundstage goes easily to the be560. Wearing comfort as well. Both are really lovely headphones and the more power you feed them the easier and happier they play.

Cheers.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #15,557 of 21,171
Hi guys, as you may or may not know, I'm selling my HE-560. A potential buyer has asked about the warranty and if it's transferable. The documentation I have doesn't specify if it is, just that it's a one-year warranty. I have an email out to HiFiMan customer support, but wondering if anyone has experience with their warranties post-sale to another person and within the warranty period. I do have proof of purchase. Thanks!
Warranty does not transfer with hifiman. I just went through this. Buyer should be advised and understand he is buying a used product.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #15,558 of 21,171
Hi all,

New HE 560 owner here.

So I got mine from Amazon after hearing them at a local store (AC Gears in NYC).  I brought my, at the time, HD 650s and had their entire wall of headphones to look at.

Testing the HD 650s and a few more I noticed a lot more clarity than I was used to.  This was my impression of only the 560s and not the 400i that were there.   Over the last few weeks I've been less thrilled by the 560s and may return them to Amazon.

Has anyone noticed a significant ability to A/B well but a lacking a longer lasting impression?

It's most probably just me, and I'm half afraid to return it because I half-doubt I'll be able to find a better pair.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #15,559 of 21,171
  Hi all,

New HE 560 owner here.

So I got mine from Amazon after hearing them at a local store (AC Gears in NYC).  I brought my, at the time, HD 650s and had their entire wall of headphones to look at.

Testing the HD 650s and a few more I noticed a lot more clarity than I was used to.  This was my impression of only the 560s and not the 400i that were there.   Over the last few weeks I've been less thrilled by the 560s and may return them to Amazon.

Has anyone noticed a significant ability to A/B well but a lacking a longer lasting impression?

It's most probably just me, and I'm half afraid to return it because I half-doubt I'll be able to find a better pair.

Your amplifier (and audio chain) could make a vast difference - what works well for the HD650 might not work well for the HE560.
What is your setup?

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #15,560 of 21,171
Warranty does not transfer with hifiman. I just went through this. Buyer should be advised and understand he is buying a used product.

)-: What happened with your ones? I just bought a used one within warranty.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #15,562 of 21,171
:triportsad:

Hope it is in good shape and won't develop a problem. I wanted to check it before buying the HE-1000!
Gonna mate this with New BURSON CV2+

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #15,563 of 21,171
Hm, that is disappointing indeed. I don't recall seeing anything else for HE-560 except for connector change. Now that it's been a while, the marketing/support department may be aware of changes made to models. Contacting hifiman would be your best bet. They have a policy to replace old models to new models within a month of purchase, so no worries there too. Most of the HE-560 sold should be the new model now.

HiFiMan just got back to me - they only changed the connector.

I shall do that this evening. Is it easy to do?

Cheers.

Still wouldn't mind having a peek 
redface.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #15,564 of 21,171
Hm, that is disappointing indeed. I don't recall seeing anything else for HE-560 except for connector change. Now that it's been a while, the marketing/support department may be aware of changes made to models. Contacting hifiman would be your best bet. They have a policy to replace old models to new models within a month of purchase, so no worries there too. Most of the HE-560 sold should be the new model now.

HiFiMan just got back to me - they only changed the connector.

This is the same thing they said about the HE-400i so those on the thread started to post pictures of the drivers, that's when we noticed the difference.
These are my HE-400i and HE-560 drivers with the grill removed:

This is a new HE-400i driver with out the shield:

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #15,565 of 21,171
Ok!

Finally managed to open the headphones:

Hope this is what you guys wanted to see?

If not, I have them at work with me so can open them again if needed.

Cheers!

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #15,567 of 21,171
  Thanks @Koolpep, looks like you took them apart from the ear pad side.  Looks like your driver is the same as mine so I guess they didn't make any changes unlike the HE-400i were the backing frame was removed.

Yes, didn't see how I could remove them from the other side.... How does one do that?

Cheers,

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #15,568 of 21,171
See attached photos which show the tabs that are located at about 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30.  Use a small thin screw driver or if your nails are long enough and gently try to work one of the tabs out, the rest should be easier.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #15,569 of 21,171
@DavidA 

Dude, it's too easy - and I unscrewed half the headphone, LOL

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #15,570 of 21,171
Glad you didn't break any of the tabs like I did when I was doing the grill mod on my HE-400 the first time.

Thanks for putting in the effort to remove your grill so we could confirm that the drivers are the same in the old SMC and new 2.5mm versions.

PS: why are you at work on the weekend
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back