= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 24, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #15,409 of 21,176
  ^ All of my HPs, past and present, portrayed sounds inside my head, not outside of it.
Unless I'm high on cannabis (pot).....
cool.gif

One time I was at this really good Mexican bar/restaurant and they happened to have a really good sound system in there. I was getting down on some carne asada and was about 2 shots deep into this Sauza Black tequila (aged in whisky barrels). This latin jazz song came on and I couldn't help but think the tequila made me feel like I was in the song, now that's soundstage
basshead.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #15,410 of 21,176
  When I listen to the 560, compared to other headphones it feels like the vocals are coming more from inside my head, not in front of my eyes. The whole sound presentation seems more layered on top of each other with instruments floating together around my head. It is very different from my Beyer t5p for example that presents instruments in their own space and vocals in front of me. Not sure how I feel about the sound presentation of the 560. Anyone else experience this sensation I am trying to describe?

Nope. Imagine seems fine. Creates a reasonable soundstage illusion; obviously it's still a headphone.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #15,411 of 21,176
The Canadian federal court just ruled that you can start growing your own cannabisfor 'medicinal' purpose. It's one step closer to hearing sounds outside your head :grin:

All for it, mate! Stimulate those reward and sensory circuits of me brain!

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #15,412 of 21,176

One time I was at this really good Mexican bar/restaurant and they happened to have a really good sound system in there. I was getting down on some carne asada and was about 2 shots deep into this Sauza Black tequila (aged in whisky barrels). This latin jazz song came on and I couldn't help but think the tequila made me feel like I was in the song, now that's soundstage
basshead.gif

Read Aldous Huxley's The Doors of Perception, sometime.
As long as it's not an "out of body" experience, life is good
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #15,417 of 21,176
VERY cool looking!

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #15,418 of 21,176
The thing is that we in Zurich do not have that many Hi-Fi Shops, except K55 Audio. That's what they have there to try: www.k55.ch/about

I think that it is going to be hard for me to test a bunch of different audio gear, but I assume/hope that the recommendations will work out for me.

So just to make things clear: Bimby means Schiit Multibit Bifrost or am I completely wrong?

Then moving over to my bigger concern, the Amp. As the Cavalli LC is not longer available, I would either have to buy it second hand (where to buy second hand?) or I'll have to go with another Amp. Would the Gustard H10 work as a replacement for the Cavalli LC? The MicroZOTL 2 would be the next step, but I'm not too sure whether this would overrun my budget too much.

What do you think about getting the V200 instead of the LC/H10?

Thank you for your support! :)

One of the best amps for the HE-560 and planar headphones is the Yulong A18. Since it's no longer manufactured, you could try to get it second hand on the for sale forum here or on ebay. It really makes the HE-560 shine and sound beautiful.I personally would go for a Schiit Bifrost or Gungnir Multibit and used Yulong A18. All the detail, imaging, bass and spaciousness with none of the harshness.

If you're looking for an all in one solution, i would look at the Nuprime DAC-10H. Dead silent and neutral with loads of power.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #15,419 of 21,176
It is always sad to see one of my favorite threads get kind of silent. The 560 isn't new enough now to be a buzz thread. Hopefully there is still an active group of 560 owners around here.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #15,420 of 21,176
It is always sad to see one of my favorite threads get kind of silent. The 560 isn't new enough now to be a buzz thread. Hopefully there is still an active group of 560 owners around here.

Still loving them everyday, but I contacted hifiman about driver matching issue, bad quality stock pads and connectors becoming loose etc. and they agreed to replace mine for the new connectors and case. Good to see great support. Sending shipping fee is on me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back