HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jan 10, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #2,536 of 20,386
Quote:

I'd have thought the cost of the HE-500 + j$ pads should easily get this thread into the high-end forum.

Sorry, I decided to allocate the J$'s to my HE400 instead. HE500s will stay with modded HFM stock pleathers.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #2,537 of 20,386
Quote:
Just got the he 500 how many hours burn in

The little brochure that came with mine says to "allow 150 hours of constant use for proper break-in of your new headphone." I enjoyed them from minute 1. 

As a side note, the brochure also says this (which seems to get missed by many when it comes to making them comfortable):

"If the top of the headband does not touch your head, you can bend the metal strip inside the headband into shape. To accomplish this, first use your hands to flatten the top of the headband. Next, you need increase the curvature of the left an right side." 

Basically, they're saying you can bend the headband to fit what you need.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,538 of 20,386
Quote:
The little brochure that came with mine says to "allow 150 hours of constant use for proper break-in of your new headphone." I enjoyed them from minute 1. 

As a side note, the brochure also says this (which seems to get missed by many when it comes to making them comfortable):

"If the top of the headband does not touch your head, you can bend the metal strip inside the headband into shape. To accomplish this, first use your hands to flatten the top of the headband. Next, you need increase the curvature of the left an right side." 

Basically, they're saying you can bend the headband to fit what you need.

I didn't get a brochure :frowning2: But, I did notice a substantial improvement over the 100 or so hrs of burn in.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #2,541 of 20,386
Took me until now to find out why there was no HE-500 activity in the high-end forum. If things go as planned I'll have my pair tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,545 of 20,386
Personally, I don't like the silver cable. What do you guys say?

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2,546 of 20,386
Quote:
Personally, I don't like the silver cable. What do you guys say?

Because of its stiffness or because of the sound??.

If stiffness that you mean, than we are in the same boat, but i do love the sound of it, haven't try the HE-6 copper cable though

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,547 of 20,386
Quote:

Because of its stiffness or because of the sound??.

If stiffness that you mean, than we are in the same boat, but i do love the sound of it, haven't try the HE-6 copper cable though

Stifness and especially MICROPHONICS

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2,549 of 20,386
So I took the plunge, ordered some HE-500s, they arrived today, and I am now listening to them for the very first time through my little Leckerton amp.  I'm a happy camper!

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #2,550 of 20,386
These sound great straight out of the box, my goodness.  Easily the best cans I've had, or heard for that matter (I haven't heard very many).  And although I do intend to upgrade my amp and DAC (probably to  Violectric), they sound pretty great without burn-in and straight through my Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 and PH-6 rig.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back