HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #12,076 of 20,386

Just reading about the ZMF.  Intriguing.  What options are you looking at?

Yes, very. I've had contact with Zach and he is a really nice guy too. I was thinking Mad Dogs but I'm leaning towards the ZMF right now due to the comparable sound signature with HE-500. Also he custom paints it so I can do silver like my Macbook Air. And as you know I'm all about aesthetics too :p

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #12,077 of 20,386
  Yes, very. I've had contact with Zach and he is a really nice guy too. I was thinking Mad Dogs but I'm leaning towards the ZMF right now due to the comparable sound signature with HE-500. Also he custom paints it so I can do silver like my Macbook Air. And as you know I'm all about aesthetics too :p

LOL, I know
smily_headphones1.gif
  Could you get some black accents?  Don't you have a silver & black theme going on?  Are you thinking V1 or V2?

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #12,079 of 20,386
  I hope not, I'm probably getting a closed can from the States 
eek.gif
 Anyone heard the ZMF? It's supposed to sound like the HE-500, but closed!

They are an awesome mod of the T50rp I prefer them to my MadDogs and the Thunderpants. And Zach is an awesome guy.
Nothing sounds like a he500... But u could try a paradox..one of the best closed headphone around and a sister of my code-x

Why comment if you have not tried them?

Opps didn't realize who this was............
wink.gif
 Golden ears. Guess what, they ZMF's  sound good with the 337 That should make you happy.

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #12,082 of 20,386
  How do they compare vs V1? Isn't there a slight bump somewhere in the FR-charts and with V1 there isn't?

I actually never heard version 1, but I could not be any more satisfied with the ones I own.  If you search, there are several reviews where the reviewers picked V2, and their descriptions matched my thoughts. I have a decent selection of closed backs to choose from, I consistently reach for the ZMF. 

Sorry for the off topic.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #12,083 of 20,386
I actually never heard version 1, but I could not be any more satisfied with the ones I own.  If you search, there are several reviews where the reviewers picked V2, and their descriptions matched my thoughts. I have a decent selection of closed backs to choose from, I consistently reach for the ZMF. 

Sorry for the off topic.

What amp(s) are you using with the V2s?

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #12,084 of 20,386
They are an awesome mod of the T50rp I prefer them to my MadDogs and the Thunderpants. And Zach is an awesome guy.

Opps didn't realize who this was............:wink:  Golden ears. Guess what, they ZMF's  sound good with the 337 That should make you happy.
the maker of the paradox is working on phone that will knock u off ur socks (knowing what he did with the he5 to become the code-x) .it will be his new TOTL CLOSED phone...the ENIGMA!! Soon it will be released into the wild.. :wink:

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #12,085 of 20,386

What amp(s) are you using with the V2s?

I use a vintage receiver with them or the SA31.
the maker of the paradox is working on phone that will knock u off ur socks (knowing what he did with the he5 to become the code-x) .it will be his new TOTL CLOSED phone...the ENIGMA!! Soon it will be released into the wild..
wink.gif

Ok. He asked about the ZMF though. I like the Paradox, never owned it but heard it.  LFF does nice work, so does Zach.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #12,086 of 20,386

Opps didn't realize who this was............:wink:  Golden ears. Guess what, they ZMF's  sound good with the 337 That should make you happy.

Didnt say they are bad..and why is it always that u sound annoyed when someone says something about a thing u owe or who u know of?Relax man..take a sissy :D
And about what i said..every one with half a brain knows that not one closed phone will sound like a he500 being open backed..even if ur almost deaf will hear that..no need for golden ears as u say that VERY JOKENLY..dont know what ur problem is with ur jokes..ur kind of jokes (or reactions) already were PARTLY the reason why this this thread was blocked not so long ago!! So pls..dont use 337 Or any other way to make ur point if ur not planning to say it in a positive way..as it irritates sometimes...thanks..

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #12,087 of 20,386

Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks for your input! I will ask Zach which one I should pick. I trust his opinion. He knows best after all :)

And do you think Schiit Modi/Vali would be good with ZMF? I'm also looking into Burson HA-160D because of pre-amp for my speakers. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #12,088 of 20,386
  How do they compare vs V1? Isn't there a slight bump somewhere in the FR-charts and with V1 there isn't?

Here's a review I'm reading now:
http://headfonics.com/2013/11/the-fostex-t50rp-as-envisioned-by-zach-mehrbach/2/

That's the page where the comparison between V1 and V2 starts.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #12,089 of 20,386
Thanks for your input! I will ask Zach which one I should pick. I trust his opinion. He knows best after all :)

And do you think Schiit Modi/Vali would be good with ZMF? I'm also looking into Burson HA-160D because of pre-amp for my speakers. 

As a t50 mod I would say so. What does the zmf run? I've only heard the alpha dog, but I would say it's probably as close to a 500 as you could get in a closed can. I'm guessing much higher priced than the zmf.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #12,090 of 20,386
I use a vintage receiver with them or the SA31.
Ok. He asked about the ZMF though. I like the Paradox, never owned it but heard it.  LFF does nice work, so does Zach.

I was just mentioning some alternatives..just checked their site..price is very affordable..being under both the mr.speaker prices and paradox prices.. Will make lots of people very curious...i respect always people trying to make a difference in any market..thats why i respect Luis... Also nice guy :D
But as i said..looks looks those zmf's ..mr. Speakers has a potential competitor in its pricerange :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back