HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #11,776 of 20,386
The upcoming meeting is an hour's drive away, no tolls. Actually I don't have the funds to buy the 009 right now, even if I wanted to. But who knows, think I could loan the money :wink:

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #11,777 of 20,386
The upcoming meeting is an hour's drive away, no tolls. Actually I don't have the funds to buy the 009 right now, even if I wanted to. But who knows, think I could loan the money :wink:

Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. 
eek.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #11,778 of 20,386
  Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. 
eek.gif

So, ten grand for cans, in essence.  That's outta my league.  Better consult the master.  Oh, hifimanrookie!...  
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #11,779 of 20,386

eek.gif

Well... I'll confess and say right away.. I'd probably use my T1 for some months. Forgive me for my dirty thoughts!!

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #11,780 of 20,386
eek.gif

So, ten grand for cans, in essence.  That's outta my league.  Better consult the master.  Oh, hifimanrookie!...  
wink.gif

I'm not sure if he'd have any walking around money left after your proposed new venture. Then again it'll probably take two years to build an amp that'll please him.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #11,782 of 20,386
  Here's a picture of my endgame rig. 

Strange that how often today's endgame becomes forgotten tomorrow after one hears or sees something new that catches their fancy.
Looks like a Lyr with stretched tubes.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #11,783 of 20,386
  Strange that how often today's endgame becomes forgotten tomorrow after one hears or sees something new that catches their fancy.
Looks like a Lyr with stretched tubes.

Yes, but this is my endgame rig today 
tongue.gif

I have some tube socketsavers which is why the tubes look stretched. They are the Philips Miniwatt E88CC I just got today. Very pleased with them! 

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #11,784 of 20,386
  Yes, but this is my endgame rig today 
tongue.gif

I have some tube socketsavers which is why the tubes look stretched. They are the Philips Miniwatt E88CC I just got today. Very pleased with them! 

Enjoy it, just remember that tomorrow is just another day away. Doesn't Schiit make some good Schiit? I'm looking to get a fully tricked out Bifrost, I pulled the trigger and Amazon fumbled.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #11,785 of 20,386
  Enjoy it, just remember that tomorrow is just another day away. Doesn't Schiit make some good Schiit? I'm looking to get a fully tricked out Bifrost, I pulled the trigger and Amazon fumbled.

Good thing I won't have enough money tomorrow to upgrade, so I can just enjoy this without wanting more 
wink.gif

Yeah, I truly believe Schiit makes good **** for not too much money. I have the Biforst Uber with USB and it's a good DAC. Enjoy!

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #11,786 of 20,386
  Good thing I won't have enough money tomorrow to upgrade, so I can just enjoy this without wanting more 
wink.gif

Yeah, I truly believe Schiit makes good **** for not too much money. I have the Biforst Uber with USB and it's a good DAC. Enjoy!

That's the DAC I'm looking for, worth many times its price. one use is to stream and play music from my Android phone. If my GS3 can't interface with it, I'll get SPDIF vis USB to the Bifrost SPDIF coax input. I've done this from my phone to a Focusrite DAC/ADC/Midi/Mixer. I have an older dual core laptop that I can use for a source to the Bifrost.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #11,787 of 20,386
I'm not sure if he'd have any walking around money left after your proposed new venture. Then again it'll probably take two years to build an amp that'll please him.

Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. :D

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... :p

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #11,788 of 20,386
Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere.
biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so...
tongue.gif

I can't wait to hear your thoughts about your rig. Might just come knocking on your door to listen myself 
dt880smile.png

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #11,789 of 20,386

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere.
biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so...
tongue.gif

Any more of this and you'll be wearing wooden shoes. I sure hope that amp sounds stupendous.
Speakers? You just upped the ante. Yep, you will end up with wooden shoes, but your ears will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back