HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #11,761 of 20,386

She doesn't give me checks, she takes my cheques.

Stan, rest assured that you are not the only victim in the marriage institution.
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #11,763 of 20,386
I started a club for all owners of HiFiMan High-End series headphones, come on over and join!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704528

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #11,764 of 20,386
Hmmm, spoke to one of our local audio gurus today at an audio meet and I might soon have my own custom pre-amp and headphone amplifier for my HE-500s. He was very impressed with the HE-500s, but thought the pre-amp (the Mini-X) could do with some improvement. It was mainly a speaker and pre-amp demo'ing event, but I took my headphone rig along and hid it in a study. Definitely scored a couple of fans for Hifiman, but a lot of people complained about the weight. Guess Hifiman was right to focus on weight reduction with the HE-560.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #11,765 of 20,386
  Hmmm, spoke to one of our local audio gurus today at an audio meet and I might soon have my own custom pre-amp and headphone amplifier for my HE-500s. He was very impressed with the HE-500s, but thought the pre-amp (the Mini-X) could do with some improvement. It was mainly a speaker and pre-amp demo'ing event, but I took my headphone rig along and hid it in a study. Definitely scored a couple of fans for Hifiman, but a lot of people complained about the weight. Guess Hifiman was right to focus on weight reduction with the HE-560.

+1,
daerron,
are you saying that you still using the Mini-X but would have a custom pre-amp?  If yes, do share how to disable the built in pre-amp on the Mini-X.  I got a pre-amp coming and would like to know. Thx ahead.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #11,766 of 20,386
+1,
daerron,
are you saying that you still using the Mini-X but would have a custom pre-amp?  If yes, do share how to disable the built in pre-amp on the Mini-X.  I got a pre-amp coming and would like to know. Thx ahead.

What preamp did you get? BeePre?

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #11,767 of 20,386
What preamp did you get? BeePre?

I need something with phono in and balanced out.  Only option so far within my set budget is parasound Halo P5.  It just came out last year.  I am debating whether I should go that route of selling the WA22 and go with another amp.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #11,768 of 20,386
  +1,
daerron,

I'm not quite sure yet. I'll let him have a look at the Mini-X. It will perhaps be a good starting point to only get the pre-amp for a start, I don't think he realised yet that the Hifiman's like power. The guy also has an excellent phono stage, so I'll probably add that first.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #11,769 of 20,386
@Hfmrookie The local meet here is march the 2nd, sorrily.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #11,770 of 20,386

I'm not quite sure yet. I'll let him have a look at the Mini-X. It will perhaps be a good starting point to only get the pre-amp for a start, I don't think he realised yet that the Hifiman's like power. The guy also has an excellent phono stage, so I'll probably add that first.

Just make sure that you don't end up with a visblik. Check and see what other work he's done.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #11,771 of 20,386
@Hfmrookie The local meet here is march the 2nd, sorrily.

Thats to early!! :xf_eek:
I can use my amp normally atleast after a month burnin time.. And as far i can see now my amp will be finished end of february Because of some upgrades, so only around april it will be sounding on its best ... So for sure i wont make it..by the way..what voltage u use there? 230v also? With shuko plugs?

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #11,772 of 20,386

Thats to early!!
redface.gif

I can use my amp normally atleast after a month burnin time.. And as far i can see now my amp will be finished end of february Because of some upgrades, so only around april it will be sounding on its best ... So for sure i wont make it..by the way..what voltage u use there? 230v also? With shuko plugs?

Yeah we are running 230v shuko plugs. Too bad you can't come, would've been fun 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway the meet is mostly meant for us danes active on our 'only' head-fi community forum in Denmark.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #11,773 of 20,386
Yeah we are running 230v shuko plugs. Too bad you can't come, would've been fun :)

Anyway the meet is mostly meant for us danes active on our 'only' head-fi community forum in Denmark.

Its same voltage and connectors as here..so nexttime i willmake the trip to ur beautiful country :) so keep me informed when next one occures..

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #11,774 of 20,386
Next meet? Well, we have two planned meets per year. One in Jutland, usually no more than 100 km away from the German border, held in spring. And then we have one around copenhagen in autumn, which is further away and you need to cross a certain bridge and that is quite costly.

Sometimes we have small gatherings and such, but not too common.

Is quite nice, this year we have the Stax distributor hosting the meet.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #11,775 of 20,386
  Next meet? Well, we have two planned meets per year. One in Jutland, usually no more than 100 km away from the German border, held in spring. And then we have one around copenhagen in autumn, which is further away and you need to cross a certain bridge and that is quite costly.

Sometimes we have small gatherings and such, but not too common.

Is quite nice, this year we have the Stax distributor hosting the meet.

This could get to be a very expensive meeting. If you buy an sr-009, will they pay the bridge toll for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back