HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming.
Aug 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #31 of 97
I see I'm late on this (was away for 2 weeks) but would love to try the HE-400i out. I have been thinking about getting them for 2 or more mouths now.

Headphones/IEM..HE-400..DT990..HK cl..DN2000..

Amp..Asgard2...Ido

DAC/source..PC..X3..iPod touch 4

Once again I hope I'm not to late.

Aug 16, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #32 of 97
I have a big desire to participate in the loaner as I have already participated in the HE-500 loaner a couple years ago and really enjoyed listening to the sample and writing a review about it. They share similar sound signatures so it would be interesting to compare.
I listen to all music produced in the 90s, from rock and pop to rap. Jazz is also one of my fav genres. My current equipment is in my sig.
Thank you

Aug 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #33 of 97
I currently have the HE 400’s and would love to participate in any program or option to review.

Headphones:
HifiMAN HE 400, modified for improved comfort
ATH 50

DAC:
Schiit Uber Bifrost

Amp:
Schiit Lyr (version 1)
Tubes:
Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 1964 O GTR
Amperex orange label 6DJ8 NOS

Delivery:
Foobar2000

Musical Interests:
Jazz, Blues (acoustic and electric), World Instrumental, Bluegrass

Thanks!

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #35 of 97
Aug 19, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #36 of 97
If it's not too late, I would also love to participate in this.  I'm looking for a set of light weight "fun" cans to complement my HE-6's and HD800's. 

1. Texas

2. Sources:  NAD M51
    Amps: Dual Questyle CMA800R, SuSy Dynahi
    Portable Amps: Centrance HiFi M8
    Headphones:  HD800, HE-6, Alpha Dogs, LCD 3F (pending sale)
    IEMs: JH16

Previous:
Amps: Schiit Asgard 2, Mojonir, Lyr, Woo Audio WA2, Hifiman EF-6, Yulong A18
Sources: Schiit Bifrost, Yulong D18, Yulong DA8
Headphones: HD598, HD650, HD700, LCD 2.2, Oppo PM-1, Beyerdynamic T1, UM 3DD

3. Only started listening seriously to headphones in the past year.  Have gone through many items in that time.  My favorite cans now are my HE-6's off of the SuSy Dynahi

4. I agree to all rules as laid out by Hifiman

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #38 of 97
I was supposed to get mine today but I missed the DHL man.
frown.gif

Bummer!  Today I got a DHL text, says will arrive tomorrow.  You can leave a note on your door for DHL w/ your signature and tracking number, OK'ing them to leave it at doorstep if you want.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #39 of 97
I'm pretty late on this but I'll give it a shot anyways as I've been very excited for this headphone to release.  Actually this is the only headphone release within the past couple of years that have actually peaked my interest!

Headphones: Sennheiser HD800 (Q-Audio French Silk cable)

Iems: Unique Melody Miracle (Silver Dragon cable), Unique Melody Merlin

Source: Nuforce Dac-80 (Audioquest Forest USB)

Amp: Nuforce HAP-100 (Audioquest Evergreen Coax)

Musical preferences: I like a wide variety of music but mostly Rnb, hip hop, drum and bass, dubstep, and downtempo. 

I've been wanting to add a planar to my lineup but the planars I've tried haven't been very comfortable for extended listening sessions.  I've owned both the he-400 and the he-500 and really liked the sound (especially the bass) that I was getting out of them.  I was hoping the 400i improved drastically on the he-400 as I felt like the he-400 could've been the best bang for the buck headphone out had it been tuned just a slight bit differently.  Not only that but with less weight it could really be a winner.  I hope that you guys can still add me to this!!

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #40 of 97
Are I missed the DHL man too, looks like I shall be going no where tomorrow. I was just gone for one hour Er.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #42 of 97
Dang! Try DHL website, maybe you can have them hold it locally so you can pick up today?

I did the closest DHL location is in Tampa, which is 60 miles away. I shall just have swallow my anticipation, and wait till tomorrow.

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #44 of 97
Still waiting for mine to ship...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back