Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #10,441 of 14,386

Why not the official HiFiMAN travel case?
It's cheaper, sturdy, and in my case, even fits the m9XX with the 'phones & cables whilst travelling. Just lovely.

Why not? Because it is out of stock currently. It was also out of stock when I bought my 400i a few weeks ago. It was also out of stock when I bought the case for my X2's in June. And when I was looking for something again in September. Maybe, I'm just unlucky, but I don't think it's available anymore.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing and the price is very competitive. I would believe that it sells out frequently due to popularity. But, I don't recommend anyone wait around for one. Maybe through ebay or something.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #10,442 of 14,386

Why not? Because it is out of stock currently. It was also out of stock when I bought my 400i a few weeks ago. It was also out of stock when I bought the case for my X2's in June. And when I was looking for something again in September. Maybe, I'm just unlucky, but I don't think it's available anymore.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing and the price is very competitive. I would believe that it sells out frequently due to popularity. But, I don't recommend anyone wait around for one. Maybe through ebay or something.

Odd, I eyed it a couple of times, was in stock on a several occasions during the summer/mid Sept as I needed one for a trip in October, but I ordered it from a third party vendor inside the EU due to VAT/customs. Still seems to be in stock. And certainly was in stock when I made that post 3 weeks, 4 days ago. :p

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #10,443 of 14,386
I'm getting the case for xmas from my wife.
I don't usually let her get me anything hifi related otherwise she might know how much things cost - better to sneak them in!
However, this year she is getting me the case and also a pair of Hifiman RE-00 ($35 - maybe she'll think they all cost this much!)

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #10,444 of 14,386

Odd, I eyed it a couple of times, was in stock on a several occasions during the summer/mid Sept as I needed one for a trip in October, but I ordered it from a third party vendor inside the EU due to VAT/customs. Still seems to be in stock. And certainly was in stock when I made that post 3 weeks, 4 days ago. :p

This one has been perpetually out of stock. I wonder if they've just stopped selling it in the US...

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if it just keeps selling out.

How does it work with the metal headband on the new HiFiMan models? Looking at the pictures, it's not clear that the new squarish design would even fit in the case designed for older models. Looks pretty form-fitting to me.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #10,445 of 14,386
This one has been perpetually out of stock. I wonder if they've just stopped selling it in the US...

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if it just keeps selling out.

How does it work with the metal headband on the new HiFiMan models? Looking at the pictures, it's not clear that the new squarish design would even fit in the case designed for older models. Looks pretty form-fitting to me.

Yeah, I was always told that this case didn't fit the new design and was only for the old rounded design single padded band.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #10,447 of 14,386
I just bought these phones and was wondering what replacement cable you bought? I would appreciate the link. I bought my heaphones from HiFi Heaven in Greenbay Wisc. I saw the heaphones on Amazon for new $299 but the seller wasn't an authorized dealer and was concerened they had oldl type connectors. I asked questions and he responded qickly so I called him asked if he sell a new pair for $299 no tax or shipping  4day slater here I am using them on  a Micca Orgen+ on my computer  and ripping my CD collection to Foobar2000 in FLAC level 5 compression. 
Thanks for your help. This amp/DAC  drives them way louder than I can take. I also ordered one of these to use on my PIxel
XL for mobile use.  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bluewave-wireless-hifi-headphone-amplifier-bluetooth-headphones/x/14716438#/comments
Thanks for your suggestion 

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #10,449 of 14,386

Correct. You just have to shift the adjustable leather band closer to the spring steel.

As in, adjust the clicking headband sliders or just the leather flappy bit itself?

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #10,450 of 14,386
Correct. You just have to shift the adjustable leather band closer to the spring steel.

Good to know. Interesting that a HiFiMan sales person was the one who told me it didn't fit with the new design.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #10,453 of 14,386
That's odd, their product description would be off then.

This was like 2 years ago, so maybe in the meantime they figured it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back