Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #6,062 of 14,386
I received my Objective O2 amp from Massdrop and these sound a lot better. Much fuller sound, punchier bass and and cleaner sounding than using my Fiio X3 on high gain.

Does anyone know if this amp is supposed to have batteries and if so how to charge them? I had it plugged in all day yesterday and it just dies when I remove the AC adapter.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #6,063 of 14,386
  I received my Objective O2 amp from Massdrop and these sound a lot better. Much fuller sound, punchier bass and and cleaner sounding than using my Fiio X3 on high gain.

Does anyone know if this amp is supposed to have batteries and if so how to charge them? I had it plugged in all day yesterday and it just dies when I remove the AC adapter.

If it's just the amp it should have batteries, but there is no indicator that it is charging. If it is the amp/dac combo no battery power.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #6,065 of 14,386
  It is just the amp. I was charging it with the power button off yesterday and am now trying to charge it with the power on to see if that is what it needs.

Mine charges in either case. Maybe the battery is an option that massdrop did not use?

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #6,067 of 14,386
Would the HE-400i and the ATH AD900X or maybe a stax do a good complementary setup for music (most genres) and gaming?

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #6,068 of 14,386
was doing pictures of the THX00 and thought I'd throw one up of the HE400i

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #6,070 of 14,386

The Massdrop o2 does not come with batteries.

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #6,072 of 14,386
  Is anyone else noticing a metallic tinge to the treble in certain songs?

If it is only certain songs then that strongly suggests it is the material, not the headphone.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #6,073 of 14,386
This can be the price of good headphones. Some stuff might sound as bad as it really is!

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #6,074 of 14,386
  If it is only certain songs then that strongly suggests it is the material, not the headphone.

I have 7 other headphones to compare with, it's not the material. It's certain frequencies that get hit during the songs that makes it apparent. Another person mentioned in this thread as well, in addition to someone in the /r/headphones chat. By the way, it doesn't sound bad, it just sounds kind of weird. Not something I've heard with a headphone before.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #6,075 of 14,386
I have 7 other headphones to compare with, it's not the material. It's certain frequencies that get hit during the songs that makes it apparent. Another person mentioned in this thread as well, in addition to someone in the /r/headphones chat. By the way, it doesn't sound bad, it just sounds kind of weird. Not something I've heard with a headphone before.

Can you give an example? I've heard a metallic ting before, it was the headband resonating. But it only happened when I hit them. Maybe if they're playing really loud it resonates the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back