Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Dec 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #6,031 of 14,386
Just got these today from Razordog.

Quick question: they were in a brown box, then inside of that was the nice box with a paper sheath that had to come off. Is the paper sheath supposed to be shrink wrapped at all? It seems weird that these weren't sealed at all. Maybe that's standard practice, but I thought I'd ask.

So far only listening to them on my Galaxy S4 and through Prime music and even with the 256k stream and the phone driving them, they are great. I can't wait to hear them driven from my Project Sunrise. Should really get them to kick!

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #6,032 of 14,386
Just got these today from Razordog.

Quick question: they were in a brown box, then inside of that was the nice box with a paper sheath that had to come off. Is the paper sheath supposed to be shrink wrapped at all? It seems weird that these weren't sealed at all. Maybe that's standard practice, but I thought I'd ask.

So far only listening to them on my Galaxy S4 and through Prime music and even with the 256k stream and the phone driving them, they are great. I can't wait to hear them driven from my Project Sunrise. Should really get them to kick!

No shrink wrap at all. There should be a plastic "band" around the headphones themselves and plastic coating on the HFM logo on the sides.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #6,033 of 14,386
  No shrink wrap at all. There should be a plastic "band" around the headphones themselves and plastic coating on the HFM logo on the sides.

Thanks. It did have the "band" on the phones, but it was more of a sticky strip of plastic that looked like it was there to protect the headphones from the foam placed on top. There was nothing on the HFM logos on the sides. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #6,034 of 14,386
  Thanks. It did have the "band" on the phones, but it was more of a sticky strip of plastic that looked like it was there to protect the headphones from the foam placed on top. There was nothing on the HFM logos on the sides. Wondering if I was shipped out a return. Thoughts?

Are you sure about the plastic on the sides? You have to peel it off (mine is still on). Did they have the new HP smell?

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #6,037 of 14,386
Mine are new with the 2.5 connectors and they definitely have that new smell. I had a chance to wear them for a good 5 hours but did have to take a 4 or 5 minute break as my left ear started to get a bit sore. The clamping force isn't to bad but bending them a little would help a lot.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #6,038 of 14,386
  Mine are the new connector and have a thin plastic film on the logo. If they smell new they are new. Break 'em in and ride them like you stole them.

Thin plastic film on the logo? I've encountered both my original and a replacement pair from Razordog and neither had that. My second one also didn't come with a 1/4" connector (he shipped it later). Hmmm

I got screwed with an e10k being sold as new when it was used a couple months ago, I trust Razordog so I hope there is nothing weird going on here.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #6,039 of 14,386
Thin plastic film on the logo? I've encountered both my original and a replacement pair from Razordog and neither had that. My second one also didn't come with a 1/4" connector (he shipped it later). Hmmm

I got screwed with an e10k being sold as new when it was used a couple months ago, I trust Razordog so I hope there is nothing weird going on here.

Mine came straight from HiFiMan and didn't have the thin plastic over the logo. Just the longer strip going across.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #6,040 of 14,386
Mine came straight from HiFiMan and didn't have the thin plastic over the logo. Just the longer strip going across.

That's good to hear, in a weird way. After dealing with the X2s having the weird sticker issue, a used e10k being sold as new from Amazon, etc. - I'm increasingly suspicious of my purchases. Not a fan of the fact that there are inconsistencies like this in their production, just raises questions.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #6,042 of 14,386
https://youtu.be/HrD1aLs3iKY

If you go to 1:35 in this video you can clearly see the plastic covers over the logo. This is the old connector though, so it could be that Hifiman changed the packaging.

There are a lot of people who bought these recently from the sale. Were yours packaged with a cover on the logos?

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #6,043 of 14,386
https://youtu.be/HrD1aLs3iKY

If you go to 1:35 in this video you can clearly see the plastic covers over the logo. This is the old connector though, so it could be that Hifiman changed the packaging.

There are a lot of people who bought these recently from the sale. Were yours packaged with a cover on the logos?

Dude said a couple posts ago that he had the new connectors with the plastic, so doesn't sound like that's the case.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #6,044 of 14,386
I wouldn't really worry about it.  Seems like a lot of people don't have the plastic on theirs that were purchased from different websites.  I doubt that there is a widespread conspiracy to sell used 400i as new.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #6,045 of 14,386

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting this
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=35

Is there any particular reason why I would choose this over the extender?
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=34

2.5m extender is 37 euro shipped. Total length will be 4m since the stock cable is 1.5m. I assume that this cable is compatible with other headphones cables as well as long as the plug is correct?
3m cable is 56 euro shipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back