Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Feb 23, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #2,026 of 3,091
  ...Why not both? It is simple physics that a wider, flexible suspension strap will distribute pressure/cm^2 more evenly than a thinner, solid headband. Weight and headband ergonomics are not mutually exclusive for comfort.

I agree I just always read the edition 10 being comfortable and sounding aweful so imo it would be sick to have the things I mentioned above all in one package. I am less picky of comfort than most anyway i am appreciative of aesthetics almost equally because I have yet to have a hp that was uncomfortable to me unless it didnt fully cover the ear.

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #2,027 of 3,091
I am interested in buying a pair of HE-500 myself, but seeing these new models will be like 150g grams it got me thinking. How do most of you find the weight of the HE-500 for long periods, like 2-4 hours. Thank you

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #2,028 of 3,091
  I am interested in buying a pair of HE-500 myself, but seeing these new models will be like 150g grams it got me thinking. How do most of you find the weight of the HE-500 for long periods, like 2-4 hours. Thank you

Honestly, as much as I love the HE-500s, and I do love them, the weight is an issue, I can get through an album or two but I need to take the headphones off after that, even just for a minute or so, before moving on, now that could just be something I do, but comparing them to my d2000s, dt880s, HD800s, the Hifimans score last in comfort, granted all those other headphones I would consider pretty much perfect comfort wise.

If you can hold out, wait, Fang seems to literally only make awesome stuff, so I think there is a high probability that these headphones impress in both SQ and comfort.

But, the HE-500 is a really good headphone, seriously good, so it is heavy, but most of us are willing to carry that weight 
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #2,029 of 3,091
I find the present headband design on the Hifiman simple and just excellent. I am lucky, the HE-6 is not only the best headphone I heard but also the most comfortable. I believe the issue isn't with the weight but people failing to bent the headband to perfectly fit their head shape so the weight is equally distributed.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #2,030 of 3,091
I don't understand all the talk about comfort. Based on impressions from the show, it seems universally accepted that the lighter weight combined with the suspension strap make these appreciably more comfortable for all. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #2,031 of 3,091
  I don't understand all the talk about comfort. Based on impressions from the show, it seems universally accepted that the lighter weight combined with the suspension strap make these appreciably more comfortable for all. 

Pretty much this. The headphones will be comfortable, period. No two ways about it.

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #2,032 of 3,091
Actually, I really like the Audio TEchnica Wing System, granted I had to warp the schiit out of my headband to get them, to seal but the wings always worked for me, super comfy and the cans aren't that light! Wood Closed backs are kinda heavy :3 

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #2,033 of 3,091

I've not had any issue with the weight of the HE-500. When I first got them, the clamping force was too much (esp. since their pads aren't that soft), but that's gotten better with time. I hope the new earpads are a lot more comfortable/softer, and I'm still hoping they go mini-xlr for the cable.

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,034 of 3,091
I too personally find the AKGs suspension system very comfortable, or any other suspension systems that work [Fidelio X1 comes to mind], as long as the suspension is strong enough to hold, padded and as long as the earcups are big enough, it works almost always perfectly for me.

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,035 of 3,091

i understand the talk..

its because when someone is desiring to hear or find a new impression on the headphone or updated info someone mentions it. I also think it was stirred up again because I said that an he560 would be sick in an ultrasone edition 10 body and someone said that it would be uncomfortable. 

A lot of topics will reoccur until the product gets reviewed or someone posts impressions first hand or hifiman mentions some new information on the product. Everything that can be talked about regarding this hp apart from that already has just about.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #2,037 of 3,091
I just wish the 560 released already [the pre-order at least
redface.gif
 ] or us getting some decent impressions 
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #2,038 of 3,091
Amazing that we have been able to produce 136 pages.. Pretty much anything significant said about the new models could be written down on a single piece of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back