HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #571 of 926

Quote:
.Sup, earlier in this thread I read that the HE300 is more of a relaxing laid back type headphone in terms of signature. Is that the case for you or is it different?

It is relaxing but its not laidback for me. Its quite dynamic. HD600 was laidback for me, HE-300 is not, it doesn't have bright treble but even if I go from lightening from a bright headphone to HE-300 I get accustomed to the sound in a minute while with HD800 and HD600 I needed more time. It works very well with slower paced music even rock but with more aggressive and faster paced music I think HE-4 is better. But at the end I listen to many different genres and even if music is faster I don't change headphones based on genre but based on my current mood.

I have posted a review of HE-500 previously and have also compared HE-4 and HE-300: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-500/reviews/5682

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #572 of 926
I have to agree.  The He-300 was I felt engaging to me.  I prefer the He-4 until  I get a higher end HP.  
deadhorse.gif

Quote:
It is relaxing but its not laidback for me. Its quite dynamic. HD600 was laidback for me, HE-300 is not, it doesn't have bright treble but even if I go from lightening from a bright headphone to HE-300 I get accustomed to the sound in a minute while with HD800 and HD600 I needed more time. It works very well with slower paced music even rock but with more aggressive and faster paced music I think HE-4 is better. But at the end I listen to many different genres and even if music is faster I don't change headphones based on genre but based on my current mood.

I have posted a review of HE-500 previously and have also compared HE-4 and HE-300: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-500/reviews/5682

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #573 of 926
Obviously the He-300 is low impedance, and easy to drive, but what sort of amp are people who own them preferring? SS, Tube, Tube-hybrid, Digital?

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #574 of 926

Quote:
Obviously the He-300 is low impedance, and easy to drive, but what sort of amp are people who own them preferring? SS, Tube, Tube-hybrid, Digital?

I've tried them with SS, Hybrid and Transformer coupled output and they seem to do fine with any of them.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #575 of 926
Thanks HeadphoneAddict, thats seems like a bonus if they aren't picky about amplification

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #576 of 926
I have posted my comments about the HE-300 in other threads and these measurements just back up what I have been saying all along. Thought some of you might be interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/566929/headphone-csd-waterfall-plots/240#post_7791360

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #577 of 926
The HE-300 doesn't benefit from amping very much, but your going to need a brighter amp for a less laid back feeling.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #578 of 926

Quote:
I have posted my comments about the HE-300 in other threads and these measurements just back up what I have been saying all along. Thought some of you might be interested:

I am very noobish when it comes to graphs. Does the graph show the left and right driver don't sound the same?

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #579 of 926

Quote:

Also, did you burn them in at all?  If you read everyone's review they say the sound change is quite drastic after ~100 hours.   I have to be around 50 hours at the moment, not able to leave music running for a full day right now

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #580 of 926

Quote:
Also, did you burn them in at all?  If you read everyone's review they say the sound change is quite drastic after ~100 hours.   I have to be around 50 hours at the moment, not able to leave music running for a full day right now

Slight changes yes, a drastically different sound... Sorry I just want to say that's a myth and I maintain that for every headphone 

What I mean is that it is kind of getting annoying that whenever someone finds faults in a pair of headphones the immediate assumption is either lack of burn-in or amplifying. The reality is if that particular headphone is completely a different beast when those two are there, then it is a failure right out of the factory and I just have a hard time believing that's what the manufacturers aim for.

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #581 of 926

Quote:

Yes. I burned them a long time actually...almost 7 days straight. That's well over 150hrs of rain, sweeps and pink noise. My wife got PISSED OFF when she found them playing "noise" and me not listening. She thinks I was wasting electricity.

Ahhh......I love her.

As for burn-in, I don't really believe in it, but I figure that it can't hurt either.
normal_smile%20.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #582 of 926

Quote:
Slight changes yes, a drastically different sound... Sorry I just want to say that's a myth and I maintain that for every headphone 

What I mean is that it is kind of getting annoying that whenever someone finds faults in a pair of headphones the immediate assumption is either lack of burn-in or amplifying. The reality is if that particular headphone is completely a different beast when those two are there, then it is a failure right out of the factory and I just have a hard time believing that's what the manufacturers aim for.

I can confirm these changed drastically after about 30 hours. Haven't said that before.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #583 of 926
Is there any way to measure headphone burn in.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #584 of 926

Users who are viewing this thread

Back