HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #751 of 926

I think they're great all-rounders. Very balanced sound. 
As for the differences between the two revisions, you got the pads mixed up.
The Rev 1 sounds wonky and weird, but the Rev 2 sounds close to the Sennheiser HD600/HD650's tonality. Balanced, smooth, warm.
Quote:
Would these be a good fit for all rounders in terms of music genres (a bit of everything sort of speak, except metal/rock) with emphasis on electronic?
And does anyone have a concise explanation of the Rev.1 and Rev.2s? I'm looking to buy a pair 2nd hand and I believe the differences on appearance are the Rev.1s have cloth pads and a thicker cable with the 2s having a slimmer cable and leather pads, but what is the sound difference between the batches? Cheers!

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #752 of 926
I'm not sure the HE300 are very balanced due to the bass but overall an enjoyable experience. If there was another headphone I would compare it to in sound signature it would probably be the HD650.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #753 of 926
Would the Rev.1s now be worth looking at at all due to the weird/wonkyness? Rawrster is the guy I'm trying to buy from but he's currently I believe handling another transaction (first come first serve!), however I think he has the Rev.1s? I'm not quite sure, he may be able to let me know.

They sound fairly perfect for me, I'm looking for decent all rounders with emphasis on the bass.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #754 of 926
No. Look for the Rev 2. Don't look for the Rev 1, IMO. :)

@Rawrster : I think they have perfectly "natural sounding" bass. Or maybe it's just my ears, I believe there's something in my right ear..

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #755 of 926
I don't know if it's allowed but it seems like a perfectly suitable place to ask other than the forum itself.
If anyone is bored of their HE-300 Rev.2s I'll take it off their hands at a more than reasonable price!

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #756 of 926
Yup. Whatever you do, definitely make sure you don't pick up a pair of rev 1 if you can help it. I've made it sound quite good with EQ, but without it the wonkiness is pretty ridiculous.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #758 of 926

Quote:
No. Look for the Rev 2. Don't look for the Rev 1, IMO. :)

@Rawrster : I think they have perfectly "natural sounding" bass. Or maybe it's just my ears, I believe there's something in my right ear..

The bass of the HE300 is boosted by a good amount to my ears.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #760 of 926

Now that you say it, I find it quite noticeable in some songs. But then, it's good sub-bass IMO, not bass that bleeds into mids horribly.
Quote:
The bass of the HE300 is boosted by a good amount to my ears.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #764 of 926

Not the greatest picture but you can sort of see it here. The old cable is a canare speaker cable, you can see how it's twisted. The new cable is smooth and thinner, like in the link you posted.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #765 of 926
Fantastic! Eases my worries a bit.
Leeperry did say he received it very recently however he never gave a specific date.
Just out of curiosity, what was the issue in the Rev.1 version? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back