HiFiMAN EF-2A vs Schiit Vali
Apr 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SpartanX58

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've recently bought an AKG K612 PRO and I'm looking for an Amp to drive it. I want to know the differences and similarities between the HiFiMAN EF-2A and the Schiit Vali, their pros and cons and wich one best synergyses with my K612. Metal and Industrial are my musical tastes.

May 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 6
Well the major difference is the HiFiMan is both a dac and amp and the Vali is just an amp. So up front the first question is, 'Do you need a dac also or just an amp?' In terms of sound quality alone however I think the Vali is quite a bit better than the EF2a. The one thing the EF2a does have going for it is, a lot of gain. If you like to listen to your music really loud, then that might be a better choice.

May 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 6
  Well the major difference is the HiFiMan is both a dac and amp and the Vali is just an amp. So up front the first question is, 'Do you need a dac also or just an amp?' In terms of sound quality alone however I think the Vali is quite a bit better than the EF2a. The one thing the EF2a does have going for it is, a lot of gain. If you like to listen to your music really loud, then that might be a better choice.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I don't need a dac and amp, I just want a tube amp that goes well along with my K612. I have it on a X-FI titanium and it sounds very harsh and with a very horrible bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back