1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMAN EF-2A vs Schiit Vali

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by spartanx58, Apr 19, 2014.
  1. SpartanX58
    Hi guys, I've recently bought an AKG K612 PRO and I'm looking for an Amp to drive it. I want to know the differences and similarities between the HiFiMAN EF-2A and the Schiit Vali, their pros and cons and wich one best synergyses with my K612. Metal and Industrial are my musical tastes.

2. SpartanX58
    ???

3. aeroG1
    I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone?

4. SpartanX58
    ????

5. HPiper
    Well the major difference is the HiFiMan is both a dac and amp and the Vali is just an amp. So up front the first question is, 'Do you need a dac also or just an amp?' In terms of sound quality alone however I think the Vali is quite a bit better than the EF2a. The one thing the EF2a does have going for it is, a lot of gain. If you like to listen to your music really loud, then that might be a better choice.

6. SpartanX58

Thanks for the reply. Well, I don't need a dac and amp, I just want a tube amp that goes well along with my K612. I have it on a X-FI titanium and it sounds very harsh and with a very horrible bass...