Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #1,831 of 2,778
Whether it is hand made by me or by someone else does not make it a non DIY cable
Actually, yeah it does, as the Y in DIY would indicate that you, the owner, made it.

You bought a hand-made cable on Etsy. Which, I guess is the same as any other cable, whether it's made by a big brand or not.

But semantics aside, you are correct. There are lots of great hand-made cables on Etsy made by sole-proprietors. I bought one myself made by AudioNinja and it's awesome.

Jun 26, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,832 of 2,778
hmm.... i have another question ... so currently own sundara & lcd 2c

and lately i really like listening pop-ballad that have lots vocal, piano & string instrumental , and i heard sundara still better in that aspect? would i like XS for that?

also i see some people complaining that XS clamp too loose, so if sundara clamp too tight for me, will XS fit better?

Jun 26, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,833 of 2,778
hmm.... i have another question ... so currently own sundara & lcd 2c

and lately i really like listening pop-ballad that have lots vocal, piano & string instrumental , and i heard sundara still better in that aspect? would i like XS for that?

also i see some people complaining that XS clamp too loose, so if sundara clamp too tight for me, will XS fit better?
Never heard LCD range, so I am of no help there.
But, if you like Sundara, you are gonna like Editions XS.
Its a bigger Sundara in every aspect.
- bigger bass
- bigger treble
- same ish midrange!
- bigger sound stage
- bigger bandwidth
And bigger on your head too.

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #1,835 of 2,778
so finally pull a trigger to bought quite cheap XS deal at $325 (2month old with official warranty)

but because of something stupid i did last week, my topping d90 now on service & topping L50 on process RMA

now the L50 can take at least 3 weeks the quickest till get it back...
but my D90 might finish in 1-2 weeks, and is there a way to connect XS to D90? i can see i can connect rca to 3.5mm, but not sure if its safe

or is there maybe cheap dongle $60-70 that can decently run XS at least loud enough?

*edit : also i actually saw sometimes ago that some people said the fitting is really loose? but i heard its the first batch? or the newer also like that?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #1,836 of 2,778
so finally pull a trigger to bought quite cheap XS deal at $325 (2month old with official warranty)

but because of something stupid i did last week, my topping d90 now on service & topping L50 on process RMA

now the L50 can take at least 3 weeks the quickest till get it back...
but my D90 might finish in 1-2 weeks, and is there a way to connect XS to D90? i can see i can connect rca to 3.5mm, but not sure if its safe

or is there maybe cheap dongle $60-70 that can decently run XS at least loud enough?

*edit : also i actually saw sometimes ago that some people said the fitting is really loose? but i heard its the first batch? or the newer also like that?
Idk about the d90, it's a dac, not a headphone amp. The ka3 that I think is on sale can drive the XS to a good volume

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #1,840 of 2,778
Jul 4, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #1,841 of 2,778
Never heard LCD range, so I am of no help there.
But, if you like Sundara, you are gonna like Editions XS.
Its a bigger Sundara in every aspect.
- bigger bass
- bigger treble
- same ish midrange!
- bigger sound stage
- bigger bandwidth
And bigger on your head too.
Bigger bass? The Sundara has maybe the least low bass for a can with a reputation I can think of. The HE-6SE v1 or v2 has decisively better bass than either of these. I like the XS, but it's short of impact.

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #1,843 of 2,778
Mine failed last night, right driver is dead.
Was working fine, paused for dinner, come back and nothing from RHS.
Purchased late February and used daily.
Bummer!
First try to see if the cable is bad, mine comes with pretty bad cable, 2ohms difference between L&R; then try to RMA; if it's out of warranty (depends on your region) try to fix it, the drive is unlikely to fail but soldering might fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back