Hifiman Edition X
Jan 21, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,411 of 4,030
Wow, looks like I will not be sending my HEX for exchange after all, I will be probably getting new pair with the same problem,so what is the point?
I will just live with what I have ,I am enjoying them to much to ship them and wait 3 weeks to get them back

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,412 of 4,030
I think if i were sending them back at my cost i would rather they open a box and check to make sure everything is right. Because frankly i think on any product if you get doa or defective right out of the box all cost should be on the company to make it right. That they would charge us for these things is insane. I honest am shocked that people have been supporting this way of conducting business.

My advice would be to buy through a reseller that understands and values it's customers.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,414 of 4,030
This is true, when people are simply happy with a product they have no incentive to go online and post things.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #1,415 of 4,030
I am very happy customer and I will let this one slide , I have to wait for 3 weeks or more to get them back , I will miss them very much,
I have RMA number ,I am not sure for how long the number is valid for ,but I will wait till the dust settles and I will go from there.
I will get my HD600 back and then I will ship them back....no problem, still very happy customer
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #1,416 of 4,030
I think if i were sending them back at my cost i would rather they open a box and check to make sure everything is right. Because frankly i think on any product if you get doa or defective right out of the box all cost should be on the company to make it right. That they would charge us for these things is insane. I honest am shocked that people have been supporting this way of conducting business.

My advice would be to buy through a reseller that understands and values it's customers.

I'm quite happy with the product if it was perfect since I have higher expectations of a product that is 1800usd. I spent a bit of time on the phone with hifiman voicing these exact concerns. I should not have paid return shipping in the first place, but needed them replaced sooner so paid for 2ND day air and they said they would have a replacement pair in the mail once they received my defective pair. Well... Not the case. A week passed before anything had even been done. They are moving and behind on Rmas they say.
I asked about next time I receive the replacement pair and them being defective again. I want them to pay for return shipping. I suggest to them they need 100% guaranteed quality checked hex cans for warranty replacements. I can't believe they do business this way in the USA. If they want to compete with the big boys like sennheiser, then they need to step it up. They don't have a location in the USA for rma processing and inspection. Only China! And all the have is distribution warehouse.
I love hifiman products, but I really hate to see these growing pains. I hope they take these issues more seriously and address the problems of those who received these defective products. I don't think it's unreasonable. I mentioned I wouldn't be as picky if they were a couple hundred dollar headphones. But they cost as much as a cheap running car. They agreed. I just hope they relay this info to the proper channels and are able to step up their quality control.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,417 of 4,030
Personally while I have not bought an HP this expensive I have been an early adopter for several headphones. In all my early purchases I accepted the risk of being an early adopter including looking money when the HP in question quite often dropped in price or people were not happy with the product. I own both of Sony's last high end headphone (MDR-7R) and IEM (XBA-Z5) and knew within a month that would loose a TON of money reselling them. Never once did I assume it was the responsibility of the manufacturer. Sure Jewish they marketed them better or in the case of the Z5 didn't give up so quickly and yes I may hesitate to drink the cool aid quite so quickly the next time. But I was the one who bought the product and nobody was twisting my arm but me.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,418 of 4,030
I have a problem with the shallow ear pads on the Edition X.  The HE-1000 uses the same pads.  How did they make such a huge mistake with this design, in making the ear pads so shallow that ears tough the drivers?  The Shangri-La uses this design.  I remember when the HE-560 was introduced people complained about ears not filling inside the pads, and Hifiman had to make changes!  Someone at Hifiman has to be held responsible for the repeated fail with the design! 

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #1,419 of 4,030
Personally while I have not bought an HP this expensive I have been an early adopter for several headphones. In all my early purchases I accepted the risk of being an early adopter including looking money when the HP in question quite often dropped in price or people were not happy with the product. I own both of Sony's last high end headphone (MDR-7R) and IEM (XBA-Z5) and knew within a month that would loose a TON of money reselling them. Never once did I assume it was the responsibility of the manufacturer. Sure Jewish they marketed them better or in the case of the Z5 didn't give up so quickly and yes I may hesitate to drink the cool aid quite so quickly the next time. But I was the one who bought the product and nobody was twisting my arm but me.

I agree with it not being the manufacturers responsibility to reimburse early adopters if market demands force them to reduce the price. This happens all the time in many completely unrelated industries. I myself have known I was getting bad value for money with electronics but I had to have what ever it was then and was willing to eat it. By had to have I mean I'm incredibly impatient.

My opinions on the warranty issues still stands. Does audeze handle things in this way?

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #1,420 of 4,030

You said it yourself, you haven't tasted the expensive cool aid.  You appear to blame those that purchase an expensive headphone and have problems, instead the manufacturer needs to step up.  In this century, at these prices, why let them off the hook.  Hifiman needs to own responsibility for their products, with the expected price
points.  Their reputation depends on it!  Items should be priced on value, not hype!

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,421 of 4,030
Market determines price not any of us, or hifman. If they are selling in the amounts hifiman wants to move they are priced correctly.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #1,424 of 4,030
  Overpriced, poorly made, cheap Chinese crap vs. Well made, precision German engineering. To anyone who buys the edition X, good luck with your RMA goals of 2016 and beyond. 

Tried to warn you guys ages ago. Got told off for doing so. Good luck with your RMA issues guys, I feel for you. Been there done that with Hifiman.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,425 of 4,030

You said it yourself, you haven't tasted the expensive cool aid.  You appear to blame those that purchase an expensive headphone and have problems, instead the manufacturer needs to step up.  In this century, at these prices, why let them off the hook.  Hifiman needs to own responsibility for their products, with the expected price
points.  Their reputation depends on it!  Items should be priced on value, not hype!

This is an area where you might be a little unfair. Hifiman, with few exceptions, has a pretty good history of being responsive to the demands of Head-Fi regarding their gear, designing headphones, and engaging with the community as a whole.

I myself might not have a need to run these headphones with flea-power, but doesn't mean they aren't judging trends in the market correctly. Grizzly pointed out a few things that were correct, and now the lack of a balanced connection makes sense to me. Ditto with the Team Hifiman response.

To be honest, if I bought into even 10% of the complaints I read in certain threads, I probably wouldn't even own headphones.

Anyway, Hifiman is 4-0 on quality and service for me, in 7 years of owning their gear. So far, they've always managed to "step-up" as far as I can tell.

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts, so I'm not bashing you at all. I just think HFM has a good track record in most things. Not perfect, but pretty darned good. IMHO, YMMV and all that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back