Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable
Apr 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #47 of 485
These are absolutely dynamic headphones. On the amazon pictures you can clearly see the driver in some pictures.

Goes to show how much of a mess this release was, which is a shame as I personally love Hifiman headphones and thought these looked pretty darn cool.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #48 of 485
  so I emailed customer service and they confirmed these are on-ear and planar magnetic

Then you'll have no issue getting a return with free shipping when you get dynamic headphones.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #49 of 485
  Then you'll have no issue getting a return with free shipping when you get dynamic headphones.

wow, now all listings of the Edition S say "dynamic" on them. No clue as to why the customer service rep emailed me specifically saying "planar magnetic" when I asked the question. Definitely getting a refund now. What a shame! Thanks for looking out, I appreciate it!

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #50 of 485

wow, now all listings of the Edition S say "dynamic" on them. No clue as to why the customer service rep emailed me specifically saying "planar magnetic" when I asked the question. Definitely getting a refund now. What a shame! Thanks for looking out, I appreciate it!

I'm sure he just checked the product listing for details. Can't blame the rep, they were just referencing the product listing. It's really the fault of whoever put the false information on the product listing.

Are you going to try them? Even if you open them up and try them you could get a full refund with the shipping paid. I mean, since you're already going to get them delivered might as well see if you like them. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #51 of 485
I'm quite curious about these...  I've been debating the Audeze Sine, but this is a bit less expensive and easier to justify, plus I'm curious about the open/closed convertible nature, although I can't imagine in closed form they'd block out that much sound.  I imagine they might be more semi-open like the ZMF Vibro.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #52 of 485

...They just don't look cool, they sound really, really good.... I auditioned last Friday during a local meet, playing from my V10 was the Cocteau Twins' Persephone - in closed mode....

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #53 of 485
how do they sound compared to other headphones??

I am planning to buy one, but unfortunately I can't audition them. Would love some comparisons and details about its sound signature and stuff

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #57 of 485
That Zococity price is rather high.

Not in stock until the 29th but a lot cheaper here (use code STAY4%10 at checkout for 10% off):

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/HiFiMan.418/HE-EDITIONS/HiFiMan_Edition_S_-_Open_or_Closed_Back_On_Ear_Headphones.14861.html

They ship internationally and shipped to Germany it works out at £161.87 after discount. Which I think is roughly 210-220 Euros.

Used them a few times myself and iirc they are an authorised Hifiman dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back