Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #316 of 984
I think that one reason for the Deva not getting the proper attention is the totally wrong marketing.

Maybe the problem is the price. In the age of the super expensive flagships, perhaps some people might not even consider anything as affordable as the Deva. They could be thinking that if price determines the sound quality one gets, then this model must not be that good.

Every so often we do get models which punch above their weight. Hell, my SR60 is able to go toe to toe with my RS2e.

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #318 of 984
Not a bad day... D3783C1F-7C2B-404B-93DD-2D1791DC4A75.jpeg

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #320 of 984
I posted my in-depth written review about HIFIMAN Deva. Comparisons with Alara, Sundara, X5h, 99C and even Verum One in the full review!! Also lots of pairings, insight and notes, for example, you can use that Bluemini BT DAC as a USB DAC if you connect it by cable to something else! Please leave a comment and let me know how you felt about the review, and what you'd like me to do next!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/07/new-day-new-budget-wonder-hifiman-deva.html

HIFIMAN-Deva-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Bluetooth-LDAC-AptX-Wired-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-36.jpg

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #321 of 984
Great review.

Boy, this model is failing to gain much traction. I have never seen a headphone with so much potential being mostly ignored by the community. Or am I imagining things?
I think the Sundara is taking much of the attention given The Headphone Show recently gave it great feedback. I don't think he's the only one as there are other members in different forums who gave positive feedback on the Sundara as well, making it Hifiman's model to get.

At the same time, the Sundara QC issue is still present and also having about equal attention, so the other models like this recently released Deva and HE-400i 2020 are being overlooked by majority of the community in other forums.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #322 of 984
I got Deva this week and I have been testing it with various sources. Previously I have listened to Ananda and Sundara in the shop. They both sounded differently and I have preferred the sound of Ananda. At the end I have decided to get the Deva since the sound was somewhere in between and the upgrade to Ananda was not worth it. In my opinion.
At first I thought I would use Deva only with the Chord Mojo only but then I have realised that the sound quality with Bluetooth LDAC is almost the same. But the convenience of wireless is amazing. Only problem is that the Bluetooth sound volume steps are a bit steep. So both Mojo with cable and bluetooth are amazing and gives you the freedom of choice.
I was surprised about the amount of bass with Deva. They sound fun for all my music (Jazz and EDM) but not fatiguing for long listening times.
I have even tried them for the phone calls and quality was good. Noone complained that they couldnt understand me..

Cool!! How does it sound? and does mojo drive it well?

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #327 of 984
Don't know but this should be selling like crazy.
The cabled version at 219$ is a steal.
It is not marketed as it should be.
This is a great classical headphone.
The BlueMini is an added bonus.
I am preparing a cable only version review.
I am amazed for the price / performance ratio.

Jul 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #328 of 984
Still no fix from hifiman for the super low volume on the blumini? This occurred after the update to fix the low volume when cabled. Anyone else experiencing this?

Issue is that bluetooth microphone audio through bluemini is almost non existant after applying the 20200515 firmware. It's now totally useless for making phone calls.

Or, maybe I'm the only one?

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #329 of 984
Still no fix from hifiman for the super low volume on the blumini? This occurred after the update to fix the low volume when cabled. Anyone else experiencing this?

Issue is that bluetooth microphone audio through bluemini is almost non existant after applying the 20200515 firmware. It's now totally useless for making phone calls.

Or, maybe I'm the only one?
Hi there,

We haven't met this issue before, could you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com, so we can see how to help? We can send you the previous version firmware for testing if it is the firmware that cause the issue.
Thank you!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 27, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #330 of 984
@Hifiman, i am potentially interested in buying the Bluemini only. Is that an option?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back