Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jun 29, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #286 of 984
I struggle to update mine - it took 3 attempts - only then I realised I am reading the instructions wrong - I was trying to run wrong file from the folder....
Once I realised what I was doing wrong it went flawless - So make sure you are following the instructions to the dot ;]
Could you please specify where exactly is the trick? I am somehow not clever enough to find it.

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #287 of 984
Could you please specify where exactly is the trick? I am somehow not clever enough to find it.
Please follow the steps below:
Download the firmware zip file and unzip on your computer.
Connect Bluemini (dongle) with the computer.
Press power button to turn on. Then press charging button for 2 seconds.After that long press the power button TILL ALL LIGHTS OFF.

This is important - disconnect bluemini from headphones and switch it off.
connect to PC then turn it on then press charging button for 2 seconds ( or till lights change ) and then switch in off again

Run "DEVA_HidDfuCmd", you will find "Found 1 devices.Do you want to upgrade all ? (y / n) ".

I was trying to run HidDfuCmd.exe instead of DEVA_HidDfuCmd .bat...

Press "y" and enter to confirm, you will find "*% completed" on the screen.
When 100% completed, please press power button to restart Bluemini, upgrade completed.

hope that helps ;]

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #288 of 984
Please follow the steps below:
Download the firmware zip file and unzip on your computer.
Connect Bluemini (dongle) with the computer.
Press power button to turn on. Then press charging button for 2 seconds.After that long press the power button TILL ALL LIGHTS OFF.

This is important - disconnect bluemini from headphones and switch it off.
connect to PC then turn it on then press charging button for 2 seconds ( or till lights change ) and then switch in off again

Run "DEVA_HidDfuCmd", you will find "Found 1 devices.Do you want to upgrade all ? (y / n) ".

I was trying to run HidDfuCmd.exe instead of DEVA_HidDfuCmd .bat...

Press "y" and enter to confirm, you will find "*% completed" on the screen.
When 100% completed, please press power button to restart Bluemini, upgrade completed.

hope that helps ;]
thank you so much I did as you wrote, but Deva is not going to DFU mode so i can't update it, looks like my bluemini is defective

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #289 of 984
thank you so much I did as you wrote it but Deva is not going to DFU mode so i can't update it, looks like my bluemini is defective
that's unfortunate - sorry to hear that.
well you have two choices as i see it ;]
- if everything works and you are happy with it then just don't worry and enjoy music - as latest FW didn't bring any changes in sound - just fix some glitches - you are not loosing anything by not updating and since you have many more months of warranty left there is no rush to do anything.
- if something is not working like you have problems pairing or some other issues you can contact Hifiman customer service and let them sort it out.

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #291 of 984
that's unfortunate - sorry to hear that.
well you have two choices as i see it ;]
- if everything works and you are happy with it then just don't worry and enjoy music - as latest FW didn't bring any changes in sound - just fix some glitches - you are not loosing anything by not updating and since you have many more months of warranty left there is no rush to do anything.
- if something is not working like you have problems pairing or some other issues you can contact Hifiman customer service and let them sort it out.
Absolutely agree with you. I was hoping that firmware will fix volume steps.

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #293 of 984
Wrong , with new update it goes considerably more loud.
I don't need to be loud! I need that each volume step is equal not jumping,which is not

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #296 of 984
Isn't your volume in Bluetooth mode being controlled by another device? I know my phone has fairly large volume steps, unless I override the push button controls.
I am using Iphone or Hiby r5 and is same on both

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #297 of 984
I have also updated to the May firmware. It does increase the volume through USB which now gets as loud as bluetooth, BUT, it has also reduced the microphone volume to the point of it being useless now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back