Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #257 of 984
Have you compared them? If so, what deva did better/different if I may ask?
I will compare hd650 and Deva tonight. But for me freedom of H.Deva without cables always wins. I can walk in apartment do my work and enjoy amazing sound. For more critical listening or relaxing I use IFI Hip DAC to bring energy and sparkle to Deva.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #258 of 984
But for me freedom of H.Deva without cables always wins

Agreed, wireless is convenient, plus it got good enough over the years to become enjoyable. Thanks for your input and I look forward to your Deva vs HD 650 comparison :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 19, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #259 of 984
I haven't find more versatile Headphones yet for the price range.
If you can find a used HE-500, that is the HD650 enhanced and better all around for the used market prices nowadays.

I used to own the HE-400i and HE-500, and the Deva unmistakably has that characteristic planar sound. I would rate the sound quality of Deva somewhere in between the 400i and 500.
Where would you say the Deva is leaning towards on stock sound when wired? The 400i is more mids/lower treble forward whereas the HE-500 is the better balanced, slightly warmer sounding one. I'm curious to try it out and the Sundara.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #260 of 984
If you can find a used HE-500, that is the HD650 enhanced and better all around for the used market prices nowadays.

Where would you say the Deva is leaning towards on stock sound when wired? The 400i is more mids/lower treble forward whereas the HE-500 is the better balanced, slightly warmer sounding one. I'm curious to try it out and the Sundara.
Versatile means in my mind that is possible to use Bluetooth, PC as DAC connected to DEVA and with cable with any 3.5mm source like "All in One" solution

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #261 of 984
Hey everyone.Regarding the Bluemini,since it is an all in one Amp/Dac will it plug into ANY hifiman can?I have Sundaras & would LOVE to get one of these & plug it in,making them Bluetooth...

Ughhh,I guess the channels are joined inside the Deva & thats why it won't work with others,only 1 channel would have sound,oh well...

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #262 of 984
I would say the stock Deva sounds closer to HE-400i. However, with some EQ or a warm source like the Zen DAC the Deva is capable of sounding warmer like the HE-500 (though not as technically proficient as the HE-500). Deva is pretty transparent to the source and handles EQ very well.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #263 of 984
Hey everyone.Regarding the Bluemini,since it is an all in one Amp/Dac will it plug into ANY hifiman can?I have Sundaras & would LOVE to get one of these & plug it in,making them Bluetooth...

Ughhh,I guess the channels are joined inside the Deva & thats why it won't work with others,only 1 channel would have sound,oh well...

Nope as you mention you would only have one channel with Sundara's not to mention DEVA is pretty easy to drive and Bluemini is doing its job quite well ( DEVA on good amp sounds even better but difference is not huge) unfortunately Sundara's almost centrally will sound anaemic and flat with something like Bluemini - they just need decent amp to sound good and scale very well with better amps.

There might be other HPs coming from Hifiman that could use Bluemini - that's just my speculations but official shop on Ali sells Deva and Bluemini separately ( and in combo) so maybe next gen Ananda will be able to use Blue mini? That would be seriously something good as it would make them active AND passive same as DEVA ;] Current Ananda BT can only work as a Active and there is no way to bypass internal DAC/Amp section - not that it is a bad solution but detachable BT DAC/Amp module would make it even more versatile ;] ( and kill sales of both Ananda and Ananda BT in process... )

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #265 of 984
Nope as you mention you would only have one channel with Sundara's not to mention DEVA is pretty easy to drive and Bluemini is doing its job quite well ( DEVA on good amp sounds even better but difference is not huge) unfortunately Sundara's almost centrally will sound anaemic and flat with something like Bluemini - they just need decent amp to sound good and scale very well with better amps.

There might be other HPs coming from Hifiman that could use Bluemini - that's just my speculations but official shop on Ali sells Deva and Bluemini separately ( and in combo) so maybe next gen Ananda will be able to use Blue mini? That would be seriously something good as it would make them active AND passive same as DEVA ;] Current Ananda BT can only work as a Active and there is no way to bypass internal DAC/Amp section - not that it is a bad solution but detachable BT DAC/Amp module would make it even more versatile ;] ( and kill sales of both Ananda and Ananda BT in process... )
Ha,I solved my need for wireless by buying a new Quad VA-One+!I don't think after the Sundara's driven by an all Triode rig I could handle anything off solid state...

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #269 of 984
Thinking of getting a pair of these as a true all rounder for me.

Wondering if they could also be used as a reasonable gaming can given they are open backed. Will be running them via a Creative G6 Dac/Amp for this purpose and guessing the 3.5mm connection will allow them to be used with a Vmoda Boom Pro or Beyer 3.5mm mic? Anyone use them for gaming as well as music listening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back