Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jun 15, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #226 of 984
After some research I will have to choose between the Deva and Audeze Mobius.
I'm interested only in the bt performance for wired I have some other cans.
Does anyone have or heard both?

Yes - have both - BT works on both perfectly (tested AAC and LDAC) except that those are very different beasts - First Deva is open and Mobius is closed then, Deva tuning is in direction of neutral and detail, Mobius is darker and more fun curve -unfortunately with Mobius do not expect bass to be anywhere near LCD-2C level - with warm preset you get a bit of LCD in-house tuning and bass slam but... Then there is the whole aspect of 3d and head movement tracking - it is just something out of this world - it takes 2-3 min to get used to in the beginning but if you spend half a day with this magic "on" then ANY other headphone will sound dull and boring in direct comparison - effect lasts for couple of minutes through ;]]] (that shows you how quickly our brain adapt) It is just incredible how well it is implemented - so if live recordings, movies, games are your thing then go for Mobius - if you just want to enjoy music in general DEVA.
Another thing to consider comfort and outdoor use - Deva is more comfortable but cannot imagine taking it outside, with Mobius my ears start to sweat indoors in about 90min after 3h it becomes very uncomfortable - maybe outdoor on a cold day it would be better.

edit: one more thing Deva is almost dead quiet - during quiet hours and critical listening you can detect a bit of buzz - during normal use I cannot hear anything! - Mobius started being buzzing nest of wasps ;] it become much better with never FW updates plus I have one of very first units (from KS campaign) apparently next batches were improved but I cannot comment - mine with newest FW is barely noticeable during normal use and only when no music is playing.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #228 of 984
Thanx!
I have some old HE6 velour pads somewhere - will try it soon but can you post a link to the one you are using? I might order to compare ;]
I already did: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-deva-official-thread.928847/page-12#post-15630959

It sound kind of Sennheiser HD555 but more flat sounding, more subbass and treble more calm. So it's quite much better sounding overall. it may even beat the HD650. Never heared can't really compare. Only saw RTINGS's raw measurement.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #229 of 984
Jun 15, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #230 of 984
Review under construction.....
IMG_20200613_130826674_HDR.jpg

Jun 15, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #231 of 984
After some research I will have to choose between the Deva and Audeze Mobius.
I'm interested only in the bt performance for wired I have some other cans.
Does anyone have or heard both?

I do have both. I've never directly compared them but if you have a track or two in mind that you can share, I can compare them directly with tracks you pick and do my best to describe the differences.

Of the top of my head just from my memory, of course, the biggest difference is open (Deva) vs closed (Mobius), and the Deva definitely sounds more open than the Mobius, although using 3D manual mode on the Mobius does give it a kind of "speaker" quality and so it sounds more out of the head than it does when 3D is off -- not exactly the same as sounding open, mind you, but certainly makes it sound less closed in.

For me, the Deva are definitely more comfortable than the Mobius, with larger cups even though they are round on the Deva, and there is less clamping force on the Deva.

Microphone on the Deva's Bluetooth dongle didn't work out well, as I got feedback from people hearing me speak that I couldn't be heard clearly; whereas the Mobius has a good boom mic with pop filter and that works quite well for calls through my phone.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #232 of 984
Thanks for the replies,

I do have many cans, some open (HD800S, AKG K812, Sundara, LCD2C and more) some closed (Sony MDR-Z7 Mk2, Meze 99 Classic) and some wireless (Sony WH-1000M3 and B&W PX7).
I am very pleased with my wired cans but the wireless part is ok for travel but that's it.
What I'm looking for are some wireless cans strictly for home use. I'll prefer some open cans but I am not adverse to good closed ones.
For this reason I asked about the Mobius and Deva.
I am not looking for some especially balanced or flat response but fun sound signature with good bass quality and also quantity (this is the reason for which the Ananda BT or Amiron Wireless were excluded from my list).

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #234 of 984
I have to say combo IFi hip DAC and Hifiman Deva is amazing synergy

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #236 of 984
both seems to be great value. ifi hip dac has caught my eyes as a non BT battery charged alternative. Do you have anything to compare it with?
I bought Ifi Hip DAC because of the possibility to use on the go plus bass boost.
I love it with HD650 or HIFIMAN Deva.
Both of these headphones lack a bass a bit and hip DAC gives them Volume and bass.
I tried Hifiman Deva with Fiio M11Pro not bad combo on cables but soon I change to Bluetooth it is amazing. Hiby R5 is the same.
I really prefer IFI hip DAC with Hifiman Deva then any other dap.
The best sound is from IPHONE + Ifi hip DAC to Hifiman Deva
I would say Hifiman Deva definitely need a balanced 4.4mm cable to balanced 3.5mm to be able to use full power out of all my devices. I haven't found any cable for the moment in Europe.
I hope soon HIFIMAN will sell some.
I can say I love Hifiman Deva with all in one versatility.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #237 of 984
Thanks for the replies,

I do have many cans, some open (HD800S, AKG K812, Sundara, LCD2C and more) some closed (Sony MDR-Z7 Mk2, Meze 99 Classic) and some wireless (Sony WH-1000M3 and B&W PX7).
I am very pleased with my wired cans but the wireless part is ok for travel but that's it.
What I'm looking for are some wireless cans strictly for home use. I'll prefer some open cans but I am not adverse to good closed ones.
For this reason I asked about the Mobius and Deva.
I am not looking for some especially balanced or flat response but fun sound signature with good bass quality and also quantity (this is the reason for which the Ananda BT or Amiron Wireless were excluded from my list).
I'll probably go for the Deva, but not right now, I just ordered the Empyrean which hurt my wallet badly ...

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #238 of 984
I'll probably go for the Deva, but not right now, I just ordered the Empyrean which hurt my wallet badly ...
I tried Empyrean and you made perfect choice! Congratulations

Jun 17, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #239 of 984
I am also using an IFI product on my Deva's. I am using the IFI Zen Dac and agree with comments about being a great match up. The Deva's are alive and energetic on their own. The Zen Dac is warmer and a little more laid back sound. The combo takes some of the the hot treble out of the Deva's and just enhanced the bass and midrange. I like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back