Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
May 22, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #167 of 984
Well, it's true when they say you don't really miss something til its gone.... I just spent the last week traveling, and I didn't take my Devas with me. I spent the week with some very capable traveling headphones, but I was impressed all over again getting back to the Devas this morning. Spent more time with coffee and music than I'd planned...

May 22, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #168 of 984
Well, it's true when they say you don't really miss something til its gone.... I just spent the last week traveling, and I didn't take my Devas with me. I spent the week with some very capable traveling headphones, but I was impressed all over again getting back to the Devas this morning. Spent more time with coffee and music than I'd planned...
Glad you like it. I was about to replace my Sundara with it, but I chose to leave the Hifiman camp, return Sundara and get a Aeon Flow Re-tuned Version @ $480 instead. It is tuned more to my liking wrt classic music and jazz and has improved bass and treble compared to the original Aeon Flow.

May 22, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #169 of 984
Pad rolling is out! I may have found superior earpad to Deva. I tried two different sheepskins and both giving superior loudness to compared everything else but midrange gets shouty and I dont like it, otherwise very good sound. These new China velour earpads are very close to original earpads but u get more sophisticated sound and a bit more subbass and less upper midrange.

You can get these 110mm earpads here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Velour-ear...var=512414971937&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used masking tape on the every earpad
Hifiman Deva pad comparison.png

May 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #170 of 984
hi all!

got my Deva today.
I´m not unexperienced with headphones. Had Hifimans, Stax 404 407 with Amp, HE4XX Massdrop etc...
but the Deva doenst fit in that range, let me explain why:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ! The Deva is an outstanding brilliant Headphone! Superb Sound, and the possibility to take it wherever you wanng go. that thing is waaaaaayyyy underpriced and a bargain

I´m thinking about buying a second pair as a spare, more headphone is not needed. The soundquality fits perfect for me.

Holy sh**** and its not even burnt in , i´ll keep on listening

May 23, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #171 of 984
hi all!

got my Deva today.
I´m not unexperienced with headphones. Had Hifimans, Stax 404 407 with Amp, HE4XX Massdrop etc...
but the Deva doenst fit in that range, let me explain why:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ! The Deva is an outstanding brilliant Headphone! Superb Sound, and the possibility to take it wherever you wanng go. that thing is waaaaaayyyy underpriced and a bargain

I´m thinking about buying a second pair as a spare, more headphone is not needed. The soundquality fits perfect for me.

Holy sh**** and its not even burnt in , i´ll keep on listening
Oh, so you got your salvation and ure not the only one -- this Deva thing appears to turn into a religion.

May 23, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #175 of 984
Well, I have an older pair of Stax pros, and I'd say my HD650s are marginally better, as a play,anything well type headphone. It would be a much closer race if the Devas didn't put a little too much splash on cymbals sometimes. That, and the fact that I prefer a smidge to the warm side, which the Devas are not.

May 24, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #176 of 984
Well, I have an older pair of Stax pros, and I'd say my HD650s are marginally better, as a play,anything well type headphone. It would be a much closer race if the Devas didn't put a little too much splash on cymbals sometimes. That, and the fact that I prefer a smidge to the warm side, which the Devas are not.
You can get it warmer sound if u tape the front with masking tape and even if u want more smoother sound and a bit more juice to the bass try those China velours. A bit fine tuning to get these sound your or mine liking.

May 24, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #177 of 984
Glad you like it. I was about to replace my Sundara with it, but I chose to leave the Hifiman camp, return Sundara and get a Aeon Flow Re-tuned Version @ $480 instead. It is tuned more to my liking wrt classic music and jazz and has improved bass and treble compared to the original Aeon Flow.

short OT:
Where do you get an AF(C?)2 at this price point?
End OT.

May 24, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #179 of 984
Dan Clark has launched an improved Aeon Flow, not AF2, which they call Re-Tuned version with improved bass and treble. Currently Aeon Flow RT sells for $499. https://danclarkaudio.com/shop/headphones.html
Cool! I was just couple hours before ur post checking the AEON2 closed version... It's seems it has potential and probably worth the 900 dollar price tag. I think Deva is also very good with small tuning that anyone can do.

I would like to know how to open Deva. Is there a glue involved or just some clips that hold the driver on the housing? I would probably just try some backmods... Probably ruining the warranty. I think it has potential to greater bass response and cleaner treble.

May 24, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #180 of 984
Cool! I was just couple hours before ur post checking the AEON2 closed version... It's seems it has potential and probably worth the 900 dollar price tag. I think Deva is also very good with small tuning that anyone can do.

I would like to know how to open Deva. Is there a glue involved or just some clips that hold the driver on the housing? I would probably just try some backmods... Probably ruining the warranty. I think it has potential to greater bass response and cleaner treble.
If I had the budget for a 2, I would pick the closed verson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back