Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #526 of 984
Well, I'm always searching for cables that get out of the way. I use MIT interconnects and PS audio power cables. I've tried a number of different cables, and these are by far the best for me. Don't get me wrong, my equipment isn't bad either, lol. I also use a Sony ES SACD player that uses delta/sigma coincidentally. The Devas are a joy with a good SACD!

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #527 of 984
I was fortunate to have a connection of my own, that allowed me to get these things at a greatly reduced price. Having said that, I would agree that the markup is huge, and the retail cost on all of my various wiring is staggering. It does help you to hear just how good, or bad, some equipment can really be, though. And, I'm obviously not the only audiophile around here, and probably not the best set of ears either. I always like hearing the impressions of someone not financially motivated to give good answers!

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #529 of 984
Is there reason to believe that the stock cable will perform worse than the alibaba one?
No reason at all, I think it sounds very good with the stock cable, i just wanted a 2,5 balanced end cable without using a converter. Plus I went on a shopping spree in the 11/11 thingy on AliExpress. The cable looks decent on paper, we'll see if its a good pair for the Devas.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #530 of 984
Finally we're starting to see more Open Back Bluetooth headphones.

I'm a guy that moves around the house a lot, so wireless freedom is something I value.

I got a few questions about the convinence.

1) If I'm hooked up to my PC via the USB output, will the Devas automatically connect to my last used Bluetooth source when I remove them from the USB?

2) Can I listen to music and charge the device at the same time?

3) is it still not possible to buy a new BT module? Either as spare or when the battery finally deteriorates.

4) Any words about future products? Would be great long term value if Hifiman is committed to bring us new BT modules as the tech progresses.

I was however really disappointed that the Devas didn't have multi-point... 😢

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #531 of 984
Finally we're starting to see more Open Back Bluetooth headphones.

I'm a guy that moves around the house a lot, so wireless freedom is something I value.

I got a few questions about the convinence.

1) If I'm hooked up to my PC via the USB output, will the Devas automatically connect to my last used Bluetooth source when I remove them from the USB?

2) Can I listen to music and charge the device at the same time?

3) is it still not possible to buy a new BT module? Either as spare or when the battery finally deteriorates.

4) Any words about future products? Would be great long term value if Hifiman is committed to bring us new BT modules as the tech progresses.

I was however really disappointed that the Devas didn't have multi-point... 😢

The wireless capacity of Deva is one of its best qualities, with an impressive audio quality, with Deva I have finally discovered the wireless capacity without feeling a loss of quality like everything I had tried before in BT.

Being able to move around the house without cables, with this quality I am very grateful for this feature of Deva, although I miss a couple of forward and backward buttons.

Totally recommendable, and about your questions

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3)4) Idk

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #536 of 984
If anyone need 4.4mm to 3.5mm cable for Deva’s and lives in EU. I can send mine for free since I don’t need it anymore. Drop me PM. It’s the cable mentioned here earlier and ordered from aliexpress.

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #538 of 984
[QUOTE = "C_Lindbergh, post: 16001215, membro: 484798"]
Qualche ottimo affare per il Black Friday per DEVA in qualsiasi negozio dell'UE? Finora non ne ho trovati: /
[/ CITAZIONE]

https://www.playstereo.com/it/

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #539 of 984
[QUOTE = "C_Lindbergh, post: 16001215, membro: 484798"]
Qualche ottimo affare per il Black Friday per DEVA in qualsiasi negozio dell'UE? Finora non ne ho trovati: /
[/ CITAZIONE]

https://www.playstereo.com/it/

Yea, it's like 333 EUR with shipping, but I saw them on Amazon for 340 EUR, so not a huge deal :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back