Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Oct 29, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #498 of 984
Hi

I have a problem with BT5.0 in Mobo z390, via bluetooth in windows 10 updated have only 16bit/44100hz options in the control panel

unknown.png

In my Android have with LDAC 24/32bit 96khz with very good quality.

@TeamHiFiMAN any idea? should be able to match the same streaming quality from windows.

can someone else verify?

Thanks.

Oct 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #499 of 984
Hi

I have a problem with BT5.0 in Mobo z390, via bluetooth in windows 10 updated have only 16bit/44100hz options in the control panel

unknown.png

In my Android have with LDAC 24/32bit 96khz with very good quality.

@TeamHiFiMAN any idea? should be able to match the same streaming quality from windows.

can someone else verify?

Thanks.
I think you will know that all the BT on PC will not support LDAC or so I will suggest you to use USB connection then you can have higher options. This is the problem of PC only... Apple even consist on AAC obviously we have no choice.

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #501 of 984
@DiscoverMusic1989

Thanks what would be the best option? add a bluetooth DAC LDAC to pc?

I saw the Topping D50s but does anyone have a cheaper recommendation?
When you prefer wireless I think the only way is to buy a player can be DAC for your PC (input) and support BT LDAC output. Some brands have these kinds of products. If you can accept USB connection, connect DEVA directly with PC is enough because it will not influence the sound quality at all, better than LDAC.

Oct 30, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #503 of 984
When you prefer wireless I think the only way is to buy a player can be DAC for your PC (input) and support BT LDAC output. Some brands have these kinds of products. If you can accept USB connection, connect DEVA directly with PC is enough because it will not influence the sound quality at all, better than LDAC.
Well it seems this is a Windows problem, I tried various usb dongles with aptx hd and It they were all limited to 16 bits 44,1 khz by Windows 10, this is apparently a common problem. I wasnt able to find any DAC capable of streaming BT signal in LDAC. It's really a shame that Microsoft did'nt care about this at all.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #504 of 984
T
Well it seems this is a Windows problem, I tried various usb dongles with aptx hd and It they were all limited to 16 bits 44,1 khz by Windows 10, this is apparently a common problem. I wasnt able to find any DAC capable of streaming BT signal in LDAC. It's really a shame that Microsoft did'nt care about this at all.
That's why I suggest USB, direct to DEVA. Much more better than other solutions.

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #505 of 984
Yeah, I know thats the way to get the best quality out of my Devas, but I need a wireless solution because my TV is like 4 meters away and I cannot use cables because my dogs might trip on them or even bite them haha.

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #506 of 984
Listening to Roxy Music Avalon on Audacity from a 24/192 vinyl rip (Project Debut Carbon w/Ortofon 2M Blue). Just awesome! Just fn lovely. Been a long while since I pulled the trigger on some new cans, and the more I listen to these the more I know it was the right decision (at least for my budget - and older ears). Very comfortable and non-fatiging headphone, and my first foray into planar. I might wish for a little more bass as I am coming from the Fidelio X2 (OG - and my long time favorite), but these are a great complement to those. Aside from headphones, I will be incorporating the Tekton Double Impact speakers into my 2-channel system at the first of the year. One can greatly appreciate both methods of listening to great music. Keep on rockin' y'all. Peace.

Edit: Just wanted to say these offer some of the best vocals I have ever heard!!! Bryan Ferry sounds like he's in the room with me.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #508 of 984
I was doing some testing to improve the bass, this is a very simple mod that I made, give it a try and tell me what you think. I did another one that further improves the bass and acoustics, but you lose the comfort so I'm just trying different options.

DevaModbyMKHP.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #509 of 984
How does the sound quality compare in LDAC against Sony 1000XM4 / B&W P7?
I got the sony Wh1000xM4 and you cant compare them to the devas. Devas sound is just in another league, usin LDAC and even better wired. You cant really compare those headphones because the sonys are meant for other purposes, they are amazing when you want to isolate outside and even indoors and enjoy with a decent sound quality.
Same with the bower and wilkins, they are ok for a bluetooth closed back headphone, but the sound is far below the Devas.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #510 of 984
I got the sony Wh1000xM4 and you cant compare them to the devas. Devas sound is just in another league, usin LDAC and even better wired. You cant really compare those headphones because the sonys are meant for other purposes, they are amazing when you want to isolate outside and even indoors and enjoy with a decent sound quality.
Same with the bower and wilkins, they are ok for a bluetooth closed back headphone, but the sound is far below the Devas.
I would only use them in Bluetooth LDAC mode as have other HP’s for wired.
You compared to Sony with LDAC?
Are they heavier on one side with the BT connector?
What is battery life like?
How is sound leakage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back