HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #6,946 of 11,915
I have a ESE with my A90 and AKM with the 788 and they sound the same to me. So in that case it would be similar style amps with different dacs...how would you know if the dacs are making a difference compared to the sound profile the amps make, or don't (THX) ?
Yeah, I sent back my A90 b/c it really wasn't worth it SQ wise with my Arya v2's compared to my less expensive discrete Class AB amps. I enjoyed the Monolith '887 more than the A90 but that's just me though...

Feb 28, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #6,947 of 11,915
So do the Dekoni pads work with V2 Arya or only the Stealth version?
V2 Arya as well. As long as the inner mesh is attached to the cup and not the pad, the Dekoni pads will work.

Feb 28, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #6,948 of 11,915
Yeah that was my experience with my jumper-installed TA-100 as well. Tons of power, high noise floor, warm, analogue sound, but without any of the detail of my Burson, or even the FA-10 or RebelAmp for that matter.
I get what you're hearing. What helped my setup was when I feed my A-100 via my Gustard H20's preamp. With the H20 feeding the A-100 it's much quieter, more "rich" sounding, and has all the power/punch the A-100 provides while making the A-100 more refined sounding. In some ways the H20/A-100 combo is better than each of them by themselves. The H20 improves the A-100 quite a bit...and somewhat vice-versa.

Feb 28, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #6,949 of 11,915
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #6,950 of 11,915
V2 Arya as well. As long as the inner mesh is attached to the cup and not the pad, the Dekoni pads will work.
I read the issue is the rings used to attach the earpads aren't the same on non stealth versions? Seems to be based off one comment on YouTube. Just took mine off and it seems to have 9 clips on it. Inner mesh is on the pad
I hope you can reach out to HFM to resolve the issue. It's a shame that that one issue is keeping you from completely enjoying the Ayra.
Yea it's a huge bummer. I'm only going to try wearing them so long with giving me pain before I sell them, same with the Ananda. I love the Arya but if I can't wear them then that's just how it goes

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #6,951 of 11,915
Well, I ordered a pair. The clips look exactly like what I saw on mine so let's see how it goes. I'm going to hold off on wearing it until they come in. Fingers crossed

So my hypothesis is this. The left earpad is flush on top with the top of the ear cup which lets it swivel in and out. The earpad slightly touches the most inward part only, so it has range to move when I'm wearing it.

The right earpad however is bulging on the top and when you swivel it, the top hits and causes resistance. I believe that when I wear it the top gets bunched up and forces itself into the side of my head. At first I heard creaking from the right and now I realize that is the issue as well

So if the Dekoni pads are well made and eliminate this issue theoretically the Arya should be great. I'm having zero issues with my left side at this point, but the right keeps getting irritated. I have a pressure spot exactly where that top bunched up part sits. I bought the Hybrid pads which I bet will increase bass and decrease treble, which will be interesting since I just did that with EQ lol

Here's a couple pictures in case anyone is interested. Anyone having the same pad issue?

20220228_211313.jpg

Attachments

• 20220228_211343.jpg
    20220228_211343.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220228_211325.jpg
    20220228_211325.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220228_211333.jpg
    20220228_211333.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #6,952 of 11,915
All my Arya + Class A amp homies should check out the A Humdrum Star album by GoGo Penguin. Man what a sumptuous feast for the ears. Excellent resolution on the attack of the drums no matter how fast they get, cymbals really showing off the soundstage and delicate treble response, and such thunderous weight on that bass.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #6,953 of 11,915
I read the issue is the rings used to attach the earpads aren't the same on non stealth versions? Seems to be based off one comment on YouTube. Just took mine off and it seems to have 9 clips on it. Inner mesh is on the pad

Yea it's a huge bummer. I'm only going to try wearing them so long with giving me pain before I sell them, same with the Ananda. I love the Arya but if I can't wear them then that's just how it goes
Have you tried gently un-bending the headband? I did that to one of my Arya sets and to the Ananda too.

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #6,954 of 11,915
Well, I ordered a pair. The clips look exactly like what I saw on mine so let's see how it goes. I'm going to hold off on wearing it until they come in. Fingers crossed

So my hypothesis is this. The left earpad is flush on top with the top of the ear cup which lets it swivel in and out. The earpad slightly touches the most inward part only, so it has range to move when I'm wearing it.

The right earpad however is bulging on the top and when you swivel it, the top hits and causes resistance. I believe that when I wear it the top gets bunched up and forces itself into the side of my head. At first I heard creaking from the right and now I realize that is the issue as well

So if the Dekoni pads are well made and eliminate this issue theoretically the Arya should be great. I'm having zero issues with my left side at this point, but the right keeps getting irritated. I have a pressure spot exactly where that top bunched up part sits. I bought the Hybrid pads which I bet will increase bass and decrease treble, which will be interesting since I just did that with EQ lol

Here's a couple pictures in case anyone is interested. Anyone having the same pad issue?

Both of my earpads slightly "graze" the yokes similar to your right one but I get absolutely no discomfort. Make sure to adjust the height of the headband so that your ear canals are centered in the cups/on the drivers, without your ear lobes touching any part of the earpad. Also, if it's giving you too much side/lateral pressure you may need to gently un-bend the top metal part of the headband to get a slightly looser fit, I did that and now mine are super comfy and I can wear them for hours.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #6,955 of 11,915
I unbent the the whole thing, any looser and the thing is standing off my ears lol. I've tried all heights and positions, Ananda gave me the same problem except I didn't really try to loosen that one. This one is super loose and shouldn't cause issues but I'm betting that earpad digging into my head no matter what is the issue

Mar 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #6,956 of 11,915

20220228_211313.jpg
I have the same issue on my left ear pad.

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_145821.jpg
    IMG_20220301_145821.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #6,957 of 11,915
Mar 1, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #6,959 of 11,915
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #6,960 of 11,915
Are the pads on the Arya supposed to allow the earcups to swivel past the yokes? Mine don't clear but they move well enough to form a seal on my head and they don't bunch up funny so that seems fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back