HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #6,916 of 11,944
I describe slightly off "plasticky" timbre on the v2's as: When an instrument is being played on it, you can recognize which instrument is being played but it doesn't sound like the instrument does in real life - it's ultimately missing that last bit of timbre/tone/texture of the real life instrument and reproduces an approximation of the sound instead. It still sounds good, but not entirely natural.
Like you alluded to in a later post, it could be that those cans reveal any shortcomings in one's chain, or that one's chain reveal shortcomings in the transducer depending on your point of view.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #6,917 of 11,944
So, I am sensitive to head clamp because the Ananda was a death vice and I got rid of it because of that. The XS was loose and never gave me head pains. Arya wasn't as bad as Ananda but my head has been in pain this week. I've managed to bend it enough that it's not giving me pain on my head anymore but it's bugging my jaw/temple instead.

The biggest thing that sucks is my head is now way sensitive almost like I'm Injured. So the moment I put on the Arya I have some sort of pain despite a much looser fit. I've had to reduce my wearing hours in hopes that my head will "heal" along with me bending it to a desired point.

It's a bummer but well see how it goes over the next week or two. It's a shame cuz I'm playing Forbidden West and it sounds so awesome with the Arya

Feb 26, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #6,918 of 11,944
So, I am sensitive to head clamp because the Ananda was a death vice and I got rid of it because of that. The XS was loose and never gave me head pains. Arya wasn't as bad as Ananda but my head has been in pain this week. I've managed to bend it enough that it's not giving me pain on my head anymore but it's bugging my jaw/temple instead.

The biggest thing that sucks is my head is now way sensitive almost like I'm Injured. So the moment I put on the Arya I have some sort of pain despite a much looser fit. I've had to reduce my wearing hours in hopes that my head will "heal" along with me bending it to a desired point.

It's a bummer but well see how it goes over the next week or two. It's a shame cuz I'm playing Forbidden West and it sounds so awesome with the Arya
What a bummer! I have a relatively sensitive head as well, and just tend to really pick my moments with headphones. Usually just an hour or two every night, if that. I also tend to alternate headphones quite often, and don't really have a "daily driver," so each one puts pressure on different parts of my head. I'm sure if I wore the Arya every day for hours at a time, the clamp would definitely get to me.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #6,919 of 11,944
What a bummer! I have a relatively sensitive head as well, and just tend to really pick my moments with headphones. Usually just an hour or two every night, if that. I also tend to alternate headphones quite often, and don't really have a "daily driver," so each one puts pressure on different parts of my head. I'm sure if I wore the Arya every day for hours at a time, the clamp would definitely get to me.
Yea it sucks, the pain went from above and behind my ears to in front where I feel it in my temples and my upper molars. When it happened with the Ananda I sent them back and had to wait for the XS so I had 2 weeks without headphones so. I'm only with the one pair for now

When I first got the Arya I wore them without pain for a good 3 days and they were in full on clamp mode. Think I just need to not wear them for a bit 😢

Either that or does anyone know if you can swap the ear cups with the one that the XS uses?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #6,920 of 11,944
Yea it sucks, the pain went from above and behind my ears to in front where I feel it in my temples and my upper molars. When it happened with the Ananda I sent them back and had to wait for the XS so I had 2 weeks without headphones so. I'm only with the one pair for now

When I first got the Arya I wore them without pain for a good 3 days and they were in full on clamp mode. Think I just need to not wear them for a bit 😢
You know, it's a long shot, but sometimes this pain can be related to tension in the head, just from trying to figure too much stuff out. Meditation is helpful for me, or just a walk in nature. Maybe see what happens when you stop trying to figure things out for a while, do something where the problem solver can relax :relaxed:

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #6,921 of 11,944
Where did you get that rack ? Been thinking of something like this recently.
Picked this one up on the classifieds here. It happened to fit my Matrix DAC perfectly.

I’ll probably look into having one made by Timbernation.com if I ever switch to different sized components

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #6,922 of 11,944
...and I don't completely hear it with the Arya, or really any headphones for that matter. They get close, an others closer, but nothing compares to the real deal.
Aaah, the ever elusive goal of any hifi system - to reproduce music to sound life-like or live-like. Even the most expensive high-end systems still fail at capturing the immediacy, detail, and timbre of a live performance. That the Arya gets somewhat close at it's price compared to other costlier HPs (though it's still not cheap) is a testament to how good it actually is, IMO.

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #6,923 of 11,944
Before you sell them I'd try out the Arya Dekoni pads. In my case they are a lot more comfortable than the stock pads and I can wear my Hifiman cans for hours.

Feb 27, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #6,924 of 11,944
Before you sell them I'd try out the Arya Dekoni pads. In my case they are a lot more comfortable than the stock pads and I can wear my Hifiman cans for hours.
I'll buy a broken XS and swap out headbands before I sell the Arya lol. But Ill give this a shot too. Do they work for the V2 Arya?

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #6,928 of 11,944
They should fit on Arya. I like the Hybrid ones. Will they work for you? Try it out. Zeos mentioned those new pads

I'll give it a shot if all else fails. $99 earpads cmon now

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #6,929 of 11,944
What tells you someone is an audiophile based off their pc? Lol I'm genuinely curious

I was watching someone speed run Trackmania forever while listening to music. It was quite the time
Come on... you know.

One is an audiophile, because one identifies as an audiophile; or genius; or any other completely meaningless term.

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #6,930 of 11,944
Nice checklist! I agree with this 100%. I’d also put the Lyr 3 in the list as well. I’ve heard great things about synergy with the Arya.
Love the Lyr 3 with a really good tube, as a preamp to my Jot 2. Fantastic sound with my Arya 2 (balanced with Peace Oratory EQ settings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back