HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #6,661 of 11,886
Welcome to the Arya Club - as they play in, the best is yet to come. They'll become even more separated, they'll image better, and the stage gets even bigger, IMO. What's your chain like?

Thanks ezduzit, I am currently using a dx3pro+ it moves well with stealth, I have my doubts or reaching the limit it would be with the non-stealth arya, I wanted something like burson soloist but it was too effective at this time so I decided to make the investment of greater quality at a lower price until I recover, and I am happy with the decision. I am really enjoying amazing sound quality.

At the beginning of starting to play, I felt that stealth had a somewhat limited soundstage, the sounds were quite close and I was a little disappointed in that sense after reading so much about the great stage of v2, but with the days I was seeing the great detail and image that he built and I also liked that a lot, but I also began to see that he had a very high technical capacity, and could also place distant instruments or effects and the more he listened, the more I liked them.

I don't know if the burning is going to change and improve, I can say that I hear more and more distance in the surround of the scene, if it is the product of my brain(this is a part sure) or there is something also in that relaxation of the driver I don't know how to say, nor do I care really whatever the cause, but if that amplitude improves I'm happy.

For the rest I am very surprised with arya stealth, I actually thought I would have v2, but I was surprised when I saw the box, in a way I wanted stealth because it had the most advanced technology but I would have been happy with v2 too.

In addition: I purchased the V2 for ~$500 less than the Stealths.

The economic issue is very personal, you know, for me the one you made is a great choice, I would have taken it also surely for 500 less, really although I think that arya stealth v1 v2 are worth every dollar/euro and I can't go back to something lower that this, I recognize that it was crazy for me to invest such an amount in an hp, I never did anything like that... so the economic factor was something that haunted me during the first days, it was a large amount, but the more I thought about it, the more I always thought about it I came to the same conclusion, I'm going to use it every day, I'm going to enjoy it and every day I felt more satisfied with Arya, until I realized that if I wanted something else cheaper I didn't know where to find this quality, and of course I refuse to lose this in my life now haha, it's already part of me, it's another limb of my body lol.

my advice, enjoy and don't look back :) who knows where we will be tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #6,662 of 11,886
Thanks ezduzit, I am currently using a dx3pro+ it moves well with stealth, I have my doubts or reaching the limit it would be with the non-stealth arya, I wanted something like burson soloist but it was too effective at this time so I decided to make the investment of greater quality at a lower price until I recover, and I am happy with the decision. I am really enjoying amazing sound quality.

At the beginning of starting to play, I felt that stealth had a somewhat limited soundstage, the sounds were quite close and I was a little disappointed in that sense after reading so much about the great stage of v2, but with the days I was seeing the great detail and image that he built and I also liked that a lot, but I also began to see that he had a very high technical capacity, and could also place distant instruments or effects and the more he listened, the more I liked them.

I don't know if the burning is going to change and improve, I can say that I hear more and more distance in the surround of the scene, if it is the product of my brain(this is a part sure) or there is something also in that relaxation of the driver I don't know how to say, nor do I care really whatever the cause, but if that amplitude improves I'm happy.

For the rest I am very surprised with arya stealth, I actually thought I would have v2, but I was surprised when I saw the box, in a way I wanted stealth because it had the most advanced technology but I would have been happy with v2 too.

The economic issue is very personal, you know, for me the one you made is a great choice, I would have taken it also surely for 500 less, really although I think that arya stealth v1 v2 are worth every dollar/euro and I can't go back to something lower that this, I recognize that it was crazy for me to invest such an amount in an hp, I never did anything like that... so the economic factor was something that haunted me during the first days, it was a large amount, but the more I thought about it, the more I always thought about it I came to the same conclusion, I'm going to use it every day, I'm going to enjoy it and every day I felt more satisfied with Arya, until I realized that if I wanted something else cheaper I didn't know where to find this quality, and of course I refuse to lose this in my life now haha, it's already part of me, it's another limb of my body lol.

my advice, enjoy and don't look back :) who knows where we will be tomorrow.
Great post. Being easier to drive and having improved timbre means the Stealth makes amplifier matching much easier and less costly compared to the v2's, IMO. Brighter, harsher, and less capable amps won't allow the Arya to shine if paired with them in many cases. Of course, YMMV.

Feb 9, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #6,663 of 11,886
It’s been a while since I’ve been on the head-fi forums, but figured it was time to get back on (apparently been 7 years since last I posted). Lots of life changes happened in the last few years and a lot of my hobbies and passions dropped by the wayside because of it. My interest and passion in headphones dwindled for a long time, but has piqued again and I was on the quest to find the right headphones. I previously owned (sold a while ago) my Oppo PM-1 and had been without quality over ears for quite some time. I got back into console gaming a few months ago and that sent me on a quest to find the right HP. I started with gaming HP which all led to immediate disappointment. I tried my Audio Technica M50S to start since I still have those on hand, then bought and returned Astros A50, Turtle Beach Stealth 700 G2, and Audeze Penrose X. Then things escalated drastically from there onto the Audeze LCD-GX, which led me to get a DAC/Amp and I was quite happy with that setup, or so I thought.

The rabbit hole kept getting deeper as I kept reading, listening, and watching reviews. I came to the conclusion that I would try either the Focal Clear, Senn HD800S, or Hifiman Arya, but which ones would I go with? My return window for the LCD-GX was nearing fast and I had to make a decision, and given where I am at and posting now, it’s easy to deduce which headphones I landed on. Realistically, struggled with the thought that my preference for audio signature never leaned particularly towards detailed, bright equipment, I figured I ought to try to stay away further away from the HD800S. Though, a large soundstage was still what I was after, which is why the Senns stayed as a contender until the end. I‘ve also found myself steering further away from dynamic drivers, which had me questioning both the Senns and the Focal; I just prefer the planar timbre. Thus the Arya began to take the lead. I ordered the Arya, but still worried prior to taking delivery because the Arya are still known to be bright on the top end of the frequencies, but the Stealth Magnet were supposed to tame those just a touch. I took delivery and almost immediately my concerns were practically nullified.

The headphones now have nearly 30 hours of usage on them, between lots of listening and just running them to break them in. Now, I’m here to share my first impressions and join the discussion. Straight away, I am already quite impressed by these headphones. I am enamored by the layering and depth of these headphones. The detail across the breadth of the frequency response is not something that I was prepared for. Texture and separation with the lower frequencies were quite impressive while still maintaining enough weight for my personal taste. High frequencies definitely has a bit of sizzle to it that I am not used to, but really, thus far it has not been an issue and something I am not only quickly getting used to, but actually quite enjoying. I’ve had a a couple long listening sessions already, one spanning about 6 hours and didn’t feel overwhelmed or fatigued. Overall so far, sound wise I am very happy with these headphones.

I feel compelled to make mention of my one immediate complaint with these headphones, which has to be the included cable. The cable itself is okay, not the greatest, but the 1/4” connector looks and feels extremely cheap. The dual 3.5mm connectors seem fine, quality-wise, but that 1/4” jack... quite disappointing. It really doesn’t match the quality of the rest of the package, but I digress… I already swapped the stock cable for a 4-pin XLR cable and am much happier.

Now back to listening!

Attachments

• 96659AB1-7B97-4D20-A1F1-CDFDB7A79E4E.jpeg
    96659AB1-7B97-4D20-A1F1-CDFDB7A79E4E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 6142A901-B9E6-428D-B215-55DDC6ABEA8F.jpeg
    6142A901-B9E6-428D-B215-55DDC6ABEA8F.jpeg
  • 54914576-67B5-42D1-88A2-C2ADB394ECC8.jpeg
    54914576-67B5-42D1-88A2-C2ADB394ECC8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 163DFCF3-A87E-4465-A203-C3B4A6499302.jpeg
    163DFCF3-A87E-4465-A203-C3B4A6499302.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • A4AB90D7-FD98-45DE-B89E-94BD96FA4993.jpeg
    A4AB90D7-FD98-45DE-B89E-94BD96FA4993.jpeg
Feb 9, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #6,664 of 11,886
It’s been a while since I’ve been on the head-fi forums, but figured it was time to get back on (apparently been 7 years since last I posted). Lots of life changes happened in the last few years and a lot of my hobbies and passions dropped by the wayside because of it. My interest and passion in headphones dwindled for a long time, but has piqued again and I was on the quest to find the right headphones. I previously owned (sold a while ago) my Oppo PM-1 and had been without quality over ears for quite some time. I got back into console gaming a few months ago and that sent me on a quest to find the right HP. I started with gaming HP which all led to immediate disappointment. I tried my Audio Technica M50S to start since I still have those on hand, then bought and returned Astros A50, Turtle Beach Stealth 700 G2, and Audeze Penrose X. Then things escalated drastically from there onto the Audeze LCD-GX, which led me to get a DAC/Amp and I was quite happy with that setup, or so I thought.

The rabbit hole kept getting deeper as I kept reading, listening, and watching reviews. I came to the conclusion that I would try either the Focal Clear, Senn HD800S, or Hifiman Arya, but which ones would I go with? My return window for the LCD-GX was nearing fast and I had to make a decision, and given where I am at and posting now, it’s easy to deduce which headphones I landed on. Realistically, struggled with the thought that my preference for audio signature never leaned particularly towards detailed, bright equipment, I figured I ought to try to stay away further away from the HD800S. Though, a large soundstage was still what I was after, which is why the Senns stayed as a contender until the end. I‘ve also found myself steering further away from dynamic drivers, which had me questioning both the Senns and the Focal; I just prefer the planar timbre. Thus the Arya began to take the lead. I ordered the Arya, but still worried prior to taking delivery because the Arya are still known to be bright on the top end of the frequencies, but the Stealth Magnet were supposed to tame those just a touch. I took delivery and almost immediately my concerns were practically nullified.

The headphones now have nearly 30 hours of usage on them, between lots of listening and just running them to break them in. Now, I’m here to share my first impressions and join the discussion. Straight away, I am already quite impressed by these headphones. I am enamored by the layering and depth of these headphones. The detail across the breadth of the frequency response is not something that I was prepared for. Texture and separation with the lower frequencies were quite impressive while still maintaining enough weight for my personal taste. High frequencies definitely has a bit of sizzle to it that I am not used to, but really, thus far it has not been an issue and something I am not only quickly getting used to, but actually quite enjoying. I’ve had a a couple long listening sessions already, one spanning about 6 hours and didn’t feel overwhelmed or fatigued. Overall so far, sound wise I am very happy with these headphones.

I feel compelled to make mention of my one immediate complaint with these headphones, which has to be the included cable. The cable itself is okay, not the greatest, but the 1/4” connector looks and feels extremely cheap. The dual 3.5mm connectors seem fine, quality-wise, but that 1/4” jack... quite disappointing. It really doesn’t match the quality of the rest of the package, but I digress… I already swapped the stock cable for a 4-pin XLR cable and am much happier.

Now back to listening!
Now you understand where we're coming from. Welcome to the Arya Club. Report back around ~75 hours with more impressions, please.

Feb 10, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #6,665 of 11,886
Hi,

My Arya V2, with which I am very happy with, paid full price and never looked back has had it's pad skin coming off after 2 years of use. Has anyone tried off market pads and do they sound good with the Arya's? Or should one pay full $$$ for the Serenity pads?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220210-191538_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220210-191538_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 10, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #6,666 of 11,886
Hi,

My Arya V2, with which I am very happy with, paid full price and never looked back has had it's pad skin coming off after 2 years of use. Has anyone tried off market pads and do they sound good with the Arya's? Or should one pay full $$$ for the Serenity pads?

Thanks
Dekoni recently released pads for the Arya, huge step up from the hifiman pads, i started with the velour but ended up sticking with the hybrid, sound signature seems the same to me ears, the velour added some lush but took away some of the stage. Very minor change though. Comfort and quality is A1, makes hifiman pads seem like a joke.

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #6,667 of 11,886
Dekoni recently released pads for the Arya, huge step up from the hifiman pads, i started with the velour but ended up sticking with the hybrid, sound signature seems the same to me ears, the velour added some lush but took away some of the stage. Very minor change though. Comfort and quality is A1, makes hifiman pads seem like a joke.
I am in Canada, wondering if Dekonis can be returned if it doesn't sit well with my taste...

Very interested to know Dekonis frequency response changes...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #6,668 of 11,886
Hi,

Thanks
There's also forum member, NTRAX - he has custom leather, alacantra, and hybrid pads available if you get in touch with him. Look up NTRAX in the thread search bar to find his posts.

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #6,669 of 11,886
Now you understand where we're coming from. Welcome to the Arya Club. Report back around ~75 hours with more impressions, please.
Most definitely, I will post more impressions as I go for sure! And thanks for the warm welcome!!

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #6,671 of 11,886
imo it's the best value in the game. Both V2 and Stealth are 9.5/10 for me and for different reasons. I THINK I prefer V2 and would like to grab one again sometime. The Stealth is technically the better headphone but I do miss that magical vastness of the epic stage of the V2.
The reason I am not letting go of my Arya V2s. Any issues it has can be EQ'd. I also had the HD800S but after keeping them for years, I decided to downsize and sold the 800S.

I am however surprised at the fact that NO ONE upto now has actually said that the V3 is more resolving than the V2....all arguments have been around difference in FR etc.

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #6,672 of 11,886
The reason I am not letting go of my Arya V2s. Any issues it has can be EQ'd. I also had the HD800S but after keeping them for years, I decided to downsize and sold the 800S.

I am however surprised at the fact that NO ONE upto now has actually said that the V3 is more resolving than the V2....all arguments have been around difference in FR etc.

I think the arya is just as resolving as the arya ! :beyersmile:

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #6,673 of 11,886
Arya kidding me? :wink:

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #6,674 of 11,886

I’m not so sure about this…I’ve played around with EQ before, but I’ve never heard a jump in punchiness or slam in the bass from it. Just an increase in quanitity. I feel like that extra “slam” is what the Arya V3 brings. I do also find imaging more precise compared with the V2.

That having been said, I’ll be jumping back up to the HEKV2 once more. Exactly for the reasons mentioned earlier: that wide open cast stage. I still think it improves on the Arya V3’s timbre as well. I also feel, especially with the Burson Soloist 3XP, that I miss some of the stage I had with the Arya V2 when listening to the V3, even after extensive burn-in. The HEKV2 just takes it to another level. I’ll miss the bass slam, but hey, that’s what the ZMF’s are for!

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #6,675 of 11,886
I’m not so sure about this…I’ve played around with EQ before, but I’ve never heard a jump in punchiness or slam in the bass from it. Just an increase in quanitity. I feel like that extra “slam” is what the Arya V3 brings. I do also find imaging more precise compared with the V2.

That having been said, I’ll be jumping back up to the HEKV2 once more. Exactly for the reasons mentioned earlier: that wide open cast stage. I still think it improves on the Arya V3’s timbre as well. I also feel, especially with the Burson Soloist 3XP, that I miss some of the stage I had with the Arya V2 when listening to the V3, even after extensive burn-in. The HEKV2 just takes it to another level. I’ll miss the bass slam, but hey, that’s what the ZMF’s are for!

I have not tried v2, but I am very surprised with the technical capacity of v3 and the power of the bass that it can give, I listen to all genres, and I like electronic music and I can say that the bass capacity of v3 is spectacular , I have had sundaras, devas etc, and this is on another level in every way

Personally I am very satisfied with the technical performance of v3, it still never ceases to amaze me what it is capable of moving with total ease, whether it is above, in the middle or below... as a music lover, I can only takethank to hifiman for creating this, as much as the musicians for creating music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back